Long Game 3: Blackwater Village

Peng the Just

Even Vizzini was struck with shock as he drank his cup of wine.

"Inconceivable! Why is it that trouble always follows me, I'm just a businessman. I hope Forage gets that knife in; I have a feeling I will be needing it soon,"

Now if only he could get some members for his brute squad. He posted a flyer on a nearby tree.

BRUTES NEEDED:

WILL SUPPLY BOARD AND WINE

PAY IS FIVE BOXINGS DAILY

WILL MEET TONIGHT AT MY MANSION

-VIZZINI THE OMNISCIENT

Vizzini really needed a new brute squad. How else would he defend Cyrus and ingratiate himself with the local skaa? Unlike most nobles, Vizzini saw the value in skaa. He believed they were useful, intelligent, and hard-working. He even saw them as living beings! Luckily, the ministries and obligators here did not know of his differing views on their beliefs. He had already been run out of the Eastern Dominance, but this was a new town, a new life. He was safe,for now...

Nobles....so suspicious. He had seen Vizzini entering that empty building, the one that used to be a thieving hide-out...at least before Xaneth had exposed them. Vizzini's new headquarters? Several big men, the ones who were the dregs of society because of their own incompetence, had entered, then left later, pushing aside that large cask to open the door. Edited by 18th Shard

Wark weaved his way back to his shack.  The chicken could wait until tomorrow.  He noticed a Selvar reading a sign and defacing it.  After he left, Wark staggered over.

"Tha Docta?  Oo does e thank e is a toime lard?"

Scanning the note further.

"Weal, that Gah'mut can carre a choon, but he carn spell ta sahve his loife!  Oi'm nor scared et ahl"

Pick up the pen Selvar left behind, he crossed out Scarred and wrote Hopeless (what he wrote).

"Tharts bet'ta Hapless (what he thinks he wrote) is a mouch betta des'crip'tor"

ooc - Im actively avoiding reading to much RP at the moment, since noone know their roles yet I dont wanna be coloured by RP done before ppl know if their spiked or whatever;)

Just so ya all know why Im not in talking about the important things in life!

Edited by dyring

Ooh, Bartbug name your in the Lurcher's Inn. I'm sure dyring will like that. :lol:

I was also thinking that there is a nice little parallel between "Good night, Don't let the Bed bugs Bite" and "Good Night, Don't Let the Bartbug Spike" :P

Edited by 18th Shard

There are 21 people so far, Plus Peng, and only 10 people are following this Topic. If you follow the topic, It will be much easier to Stay Active.

@18th shard, Can i put                                                              Nobody will see this

"Good Night, Don't Let the BArtbug Spike"

In my Signature?

I've got a busy schedule the next few weeks (including devouring WoR multiple times) so probably won't be joining this game but gotta say, wow, seven pages and signups aren't even finished yet. Good luck with the write ups penguin  ;)

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on how this one goes and will probably hop on game four when it starts. 

I'm just trying to set the tone for my character. A huge dude that everyone thinks is dumb (because he doesn't talk much) but is relatively clever (I think of it more as street-smarts rather than book smarts... I mean he did buy a stone necklace from Forage that stops allomancy....) with a past that can make him turn out to be whatever I roll. :P And he's easy to write for!

Edited by Macen

Hey, Joe, if I'm right, I believe it's at Cyrus' hovel.

Five Years Ago

The stranger on the doorway threw a knife into the bookshelf nearest Maw's head. "I know what you've been doing. If you enjoy your life, you'll meet me tomorrow in the alley across from the carpenter's." With that, the stranger spun on his heels and left, leaving the door wide open. Maw hurriedly shut the door and turned to his wife. Her face was pale and the child had ceased screaming. Maw ran and embraced his wife, huddling near her.

Edited by Mailliw73

Hey guys!  Sorry I'm late.  You remember me, right?  It's me, Chidden!  Well I wanted to announce to you all that I've decided to be a HERO.  That's right.  I'm turning fifteen next week, and because I'm good and old now, I think it's high time I save the world.  I fashioned this dueling cane here, see, and I plan on becoming a mighty warrior.  

I know Maw!  I already said I was sorry for ruining your fig tree to make my cane.  I promised I would pay you back.  You don't have to embarrass me in front of the whole village.  

Hey Lents, Earlier you said you wanted Power armor made of Aluminum because it was Allomanticly Inert. Well, I've got a Better Metal for you that's also Inert. It's called Uranium! I've already made a suit of it for you, It will keep you safe from Allomancy for the rest of your Life! And it's not Radioactive or anything!

It's funny that nobody noticed these yet.

Hey look! it's a new Guy. Welcome Chidden I hope you don't die the first day.

Edited by The Only Joe

t's funny that nobody noticed these yet.

Everyone keeps worrying about that. Don't worry guys, I'm the primary target no matter what side I'm on. Either the Spiked will want to take me out or the Village will. Either way, everyone pretty much gets a free turn. :P

Everyone keeps worrying about that. Don't worry guys, I'm the primary target no matter what side I'm on. Either the Spiked will want to take me out or the Village will. Either way, everyone pretty much gets a free turn. :P

Now I have this summary in mind where you get ripped appart by 2/3 coinshots at the same time, bonus point if you barely manage to survive because of Thug/Lurcher powers.

Hey Lents, Earlier you said you wanted Power armor made of Aluminum because it was Allomanticly Inert. Well, I've got a Better Metal for you that's also Inert. It's called Uranium! I've already made a suit of it for you, It will keep you safe from Allomancy for the rest of your Life! And it's not Radioactive or anything!

It's funny that nobody noticed these yet.

Lents frowns at the offer of uranium parts. He feels like he should be suspicious; there's something about it...

Properties of uranium, he recites to himself. Heavy as hell, used in weapons, expensive, contraband and radio...radiosomething. Radio...Radioactive! Well, that shouldn't be a problem. He walks to forage, clinking, whirring, and clanking, and shakes his hand. No electric shock this time.

"It's a deal. But just the parts. I build my own contraptions."

Forage smiles broadly, the red sun setting off a bright crimson gleam in his eyes.

"Of Course sir for you only the Best!" he cries. He rushes off, pulling on lead aprons and oven mitts, trying to look inconspicuous.

Time to see that peddler - Asp. The "lead misting" ought to have some extra lying around - perhaps he can be convinced to part with some for a price...

Now I have this summary in mind where you get ripped appart by 2/3 coinshots at the same time, bonus point if you barely manage to survive because of Thug/Lurcher powers.

The town awoke to a bloody pulp ripped to shreds at the base of the gallows. A scrap of cloth identified it as Meta. And there was much rejoicing.

"Anyone else feel like karmic order has somehow been restored?" asked everybody. "Yes," answered everybody else.

Gah! Unrelated, but I just Acidently ignored everyone's Signitures. How do I undo That?

If you haven't fixed that yet, go to your profile page --> edit my profile --> 'ignore' preferences --> uncheck the box at the top of that page.

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

Asp eyed Lents, then took out a stick and poked him with it.

"Yeah, I have a stash. What do you want it for? Also is that a metric or imperial ton? Also, how do you get a full ton? What's an empty ton? Can you have a ton of tons? Also, why are you wearing metal pants. Is there something you're not telling us?"

Lents looked down. His pants weren't made of metal. They were the only things that weren't. There was a hanging metal guard off the top piece, but just plain leather on his legs. He answered the questions.

"To keep me from dying. One of each. By filling an empty one. A not. Yes. I'm not wearing metal pants - those aren't finished yet. And yes, several things. Now, how much for the lead?"

Well I'd estimate that it's probably about roughly approximately 2314 boxings, and a lock of the lord ruler's hair .But, I don't know...  those pants are awfully shiny after all. I'm not sure I can sell that much lead to a person with shiny pants. I mean, do you have a permit for that? 

I can give you a clockwork mouse that sprays acid, a bent copper clip, and a spike of metal I pulled out of a dead Inquisitor.

And yes. I have an official permit for excess amounts of any metal, and a COMMENDATION for the shinyness of my pants. And they aren't even metal!

Edited by Swimmingly

Lents frowns at the offer of uranium parts. He feels like he should be suspicious; there's something about it...

Properties of uranium, he recites to himself. Heavy as hell, used in weapons, expensive, contraband and radio...radiosomething. Radio...Radioactive! Well, that shouldn't be a problem. He walks to forage, clinking, whirring, and clanking, and shakes his hand. No electric shock this time.

"It's a deal. But just the parts. I build my own contraptions."

Forage smiles broadly, the red sun setting off a bright crimson gleam in his eyes.

"Of Course sir for you only the Best!" he cries. He rushes off, pulling on lead aprons and oven mitts, trying to look inconspicuous.

Time to see that peddler - Asp. The "lead misting" ought to have some extra lying around - perhaps he can be convinced to part with some for a price...

Forage, he does not like this man. He does not like this man at all. Not only is this Lent a brigand who accosts poor merchants, but he is delusional too. The idea that Forage would willingly serve such a man- aah, how great an imagination this Lent must have? These hallucinations this man experiences, they are laughable, pathetic. Does he think that he can make amends with Forage for what he had done to him, for the humiliation, for the blow to his pride? Forage, he is a forgiving man, but he will not forgive this, when even now this Lent is wronging him anew, putting words in his mouth. Such acts are called rude among Forage's people. This man, was he brought up in a barn? Has he no concept of manners?