Long Game 3: Blackwater Village

Peng the Just

18th Shard is in. Peng, would you mind making me a Spiked? I love manipulating people. ;) 

all the roles will be assigned at random

Oh by the way, how are you going to kill Cyrus? Cyrus will die suddenly in the intro day, I'm assuming. Probably dramatically. :lol:

I don't know what you're talking about :ph34r: 

Edited by jasonpenguin

Mac, the town giant.

About ten years back Mac just appeared in the town wandering around. At the age of 12 he was already 6 foot tall and about as thick as a hundred year old oak. Mac is seldom heard stringing more than a handful of words together. Due to his silence most of the villagers think he is a halfwit. Honestly, things couldn't be further from the truth, he just has a... dark past that he would rather keep quiet about.

So, built like a Mac Truck... My writing skills are kind of lacking, but I'm going to try to make up for it by awesomeness....

Edited by Macen

Dyrri the rooflayer, or Dyrri the master thatcher as he calls himself thinks noone else understands how difficult it is to make a good roof. With all the ash you need just the right slope so it falls off or they collaps eventually, but you also need to be able to get up on it to repair it.

Most people, stupid as they are, seem to think its just to put some long dry grass on it, and its all done. Not so.

He also makes regular roofs, one solution dont fit all.

I'm Arst, the warrior. Escaped a while ago from my old plantation, and learned to fight in the rebellion, but was captured again. If you need somebody killed, I will do my best to hunt them down.

Also, I hope I don't die around the first night. All my waiting for this game would be for naught. :P

Edited by Dalinar

I'm Arst, the warrior. Escaped a while ago from my old plantation, and learned to fight in the rebellion, but was captured again. If you need somebody killed, I will do my best to hunt them down.

Also, I hope I don't die around the first night. All my waiting for this game would be for naught. :P

Ditto.If I die, I will haunt you all with frightening visions of spikes dancing through your heads. And they won't be Hemalurgic. No shardic energy to keep you alive. :P

I'll sign up for now, but if we get too full then feel free to cut me. After all, I've played two games already.

My name is Forage. But I'm sure you know that already. Why else would you come to this town other than to behold the widely famed merchandise of Forage, the greatest of all stuff dealers? Enter my store to find an eclectic mishmash of items of all kinds, piled all the way to the ceiling. From ancient antiques to the newest breakthroughs in technology, from beautiful treasures to things of a more dubious value (though I'm sure that Monsieur's fine taste will pick that out right away) , from local crafts to the most exotic foreign goods, from the smallest knickknacks and toys to enormous furniture, Forage's Foraged Goods has it all! Everything you want can be found somewhere here- even the stuff you never knew you wanted! Day or night, Forage is here, working hard, with his trusty ladder and trustier expertise in all things stuff, to get you your goods in record time! Come in here and see the finest selection in all of the Final Empire! You won't regret it- Forage promises you so, and Forage's promises are always kept.

Edited by PorridgeBrick

Why, do you doubt the collections of Forage? Forage has all the metals you need, for his customers of the allomantic or feruchemical persuasions. Even rarest Atium is but a trifle to obtain for one such as Forage.

"Of course, I doubted. I'm 'new' to the area, and did not know of your authenticity. What about the mythical beads of Metal known only to the Steel Ministry and it's acolytes, Lerasium? It is known only to the highest of obligators in the Canton of Allomancy... and those who can...ah...persuade them to talk. <_<  Please, keep it quiet though. You realize, if you ask around where an obligator could ever hear, you will be killed without a thought. The Lord Ruler guards its Allomantic abilities quite securely. I would like some for a few experiments. Tell no one of this conversation. There could be some benefits for both of us if you can procure any," said Xaneth, slipping a piece of a bead of Atium onto the table. He stood slipping back into the shadows, waiting to find another person to make more amenable to his point of view in the future. Erendi had seemed much harder than Forage to read, but people always left clues, clues in what they said... and what they didn't. One of the men, the older grumpy guy in the inn, seemed to be trying to leave hidden clues after this message.

Claincy's not the only one who can make fancy hidden messages. 

By the way, my master "Dust" was a reference to Hoid.

I really enjoy making my character so great. :D If you want a visual, I've been told I am much like Bean from Ender's Game: Manipulative, too smart for his own good, sarcastic, and vertically challenged. :P

Edited by 18th Shard

Vizzini, a foreign lord from the Eastern Domain, is new to town, trying to set himself up so his house can move to Luthadel. He is a lover of fine, non-poisoned, wines. Many find him interesting to be around because of his hunchback and know-it-all attitude.

"Anyone need use of my talents?" he announced as he pranced into town on a white stallion with a wide grin on his face, "Surely someone does, to not... well that would be inconceivable!"

... now just what are those talents he speaks of?

Edited by the Gleeman

Pfeh, let those obligators try and kill the great Forage. They would do well to remember that Forage's wares include the most deadly of armaments, too, and that Forage knows well how to use them. No dealer of stuff could get by without the means to ward off unsavory customers, and Forage is the latest in a long line of dealers and doers of stuff.

Aah, so you are interested in Forage's stock of Lerasium? Forage commends your refined tastes. Do not fear- Forage has it, provided you have the necessary compensation. Oh, but of course such a fine gentleman would not need to worry about such paltry sums. May Forage interest you in his supply of invisible ink? It seems to be an interest of yours.

Lord Vizzini, welcome! Those wines you speak of- it has given Forage a most wonderful idea. You see, there are no finer wines than those Forage sells. If you perhaps take a craving soon for the most elegant of liqueurs, then you would be well served by a stop to Forage's store.

Edited by PorridgeBrick

Invisible ink? No I will let you in on another secret: The Lord Ruler discovered a way to use lightning and Allomancy to make this thing they call the In Tern Et. They send messages this way. It also allows them to play these games online involving killing each other :blink:

Having been thrown out of the inn due to unpaid bar tabs.  "Oi'm good far et, tomorrahs payday"  Wark is ambushed by a table leg.  "Incarsidarate barstool, watch where yer goin'"  he says as his face collides with a tabletop about which two gentlemen are seated.  He slides to the floor.  "Avenan' Forrage, M'lud."  He pulls himslef off the floor and sneezes a black globule out of his nose onto the tabletop. "Time far bed, the fields won't clear 'em selves on the morrah. Now. 'ave eitha of yah seen the axit. The door ain't whar I left it". 

Hmmm... I have a good store of wines right now, but this ink seems good... I will pay 50 boxings for it, but can it preserve words not written in steel?

Forage has inks for all sorts of purposes. If the customer desires an ink free of the manipulation by the darkest of gods, then he shall have it. Forage fears, however, that such magical properties do not come cheap, though his heart bursts with sympathy for his customer. As a personal favor to a most valued client- no, to a most valued friend- he has decided to lower his price to a mere 150 boxings.

Hm, that could be useful. But about that Lerasium... we all know how much the body of a god is worth, but as a favor to a friend, I'll be generous. How about 200 boxings and a bead of Atium? We could also trade in information, though that would give less profit than straight cash....

Peng, please don't ban lerasium. I will be Mistborn!!!

By the Gleeman, though obsidian daggers might be used more commonly, Aluminum blades are actually quite useful, due to their deceptiveness of appearing as a metal. They aren't really, probably some kind of stone, but they act much like metal. It is Allomantically inert, though. Coinshots can't pull on it, so it can't be metal...

By the way, Forage, how do you prevent Odium from tainting the writing? :P

Edited by 18th Shard

The tinker sits inside his shop, clockwork faces moving slowly on the walls - the metal plates are arranged to slide over each other, create slow expressions. There is a table in front of him, covered in a fine blue tablecloth. Gears, springs, cogs and other minutae are arranged in boxes to his left, while tools and and the creation he labours over sit to his left.

His work is nearly done, a small project. Though Blackwater has seen peace - that rare commodity - recently, there's a scent in the air.

Lents places a fingernail-sized gear onto an axle, presses a drop of solder in. The design should function under normal circumstances, now. The reinforcing and plating can come later.

He pulls up his jeweller's lens, examines his creation in the dim light. A thing of metal, susceptible to Allomancy itself, yet deadly should it be allowed to fire. The clockwork cannon can fit in a pocket, and it will fire shards of pottery, the chamber adjusting for any size.

Lents puts it aside for now. He will mount it among the masks later, so it is indistinguishable from the mechanics already adorning the walls. The trigger will be a thread, and there will be dozens - enough to cover the entire shop, if necessary.

The jeweller's glass slides down again. There is work to be done.

Hm, that could be useful. But about that Lerasium... we all know how much the body of a god is worth, but as a favor to a friend, I'll be generous. How about 200 boxings and a bead of Atium? We could also trade in information, though that would give less profit than straight cash....

Peng, please don't ban lerasium. I will be Mistborn!!!

By the Gleeman, though obsidian daggers might be used more commonly, Aluminum blades are actually quite useful, due to their deceptiveness of appearing as a metal. They aren't really, probably some kind of stone, but they act much like metal. It is Allomantically inert, though. Coinshots can't pull on it, so it can't be metal...

By the way, Forage, how do you prevent Odium from tainting the writing? :P

We seem to have come to a misunderstanding, my dear customer. If one was to pay for Lerasium in boxings, then their weight would be much greater then even Forage's strongest Ryshadium horses could carry. A more potent currency, in greater number, is sadly needed, as Forage knows his customer must now understand. To undergo such a deal would leave him with less of the money he needs to supply his customers, and to deny them that would fill his heart with such great sorrow.

The ways of stuff dealers are mysterious and complex. Revealing the trade secrets of Forage would remove his aesthete, his essential being. Surely that is not the customer's desire.

Hey there, I'll join in since it seems that I missed the first couple.  As OOC introductions I'm Lanscaper one of the people that lurks and contributes from time to time in Mistborn: the Inquisition.

I shall expand my horizons a bit here and play a female character.

You can call her Mabi.  She spent most of her youth in Luthadel.  She's had two different jobs back in Luthadel, her day job as a textile mill worker and then moonlighting as a bar maid.  But those days are in the past, due to questionable circumstances her contract was sold to a plantation that Cyrus ultimately ended up freeing.  Now she's the town seamstress, she makes sure that you lot are all presentable in decent company, mending whatever holes or rips you have in your clothes with neat stitching.  She's at that middling age where she is fairly experienced with the world, but still shapely enough to be admired.  Politely put she is shameless in her admiration and attention to the young working man, although most of this is non-verbal and internal, unless she's drunk, which can be difficult given her past as a bar maid.

As the seamstress she knows your sizes, and whether or not you were asking for hidden pockets.  She doesn't really understand the obsession for hidden pockets, since she wears a nice and plain dress and apron, and an apron has all the pockets a person could need, one.  She could also care less about all this Allomantic nonsense that people seem to be concerned about.

"Now then gentlemen, which one of you would like to provide me with a roof and a bed tonight?"

I forgot to mention, she also doesn't have a permanent home.  She bothers you all equally for shelter, and compensates you with services rendered.

Also let me know if I should make changes to this character

Edited by Lanscaper