Long Game 3: Blackwater Village

Peng the Just

Wark finished in the fields and wiped his furrowed brow. He then went to the well and got some water to wash himself. Taking a ladle of water he poured it over his head and wiped the residue away. He drank some and looked around.

"Oi know it noight toime buht whar is ev'ry'un? Oi 'aven't 'eard frum an'y'un fur almus 12 'ours. Oi beht thar was a par'ty an' Oi wasn'vited"

There were shadows moving in the mist. He thought he saw Gamut lurching towards the smithy but wasn't sure.

He HAD come to understand that mist(born)lings were not responsible for his woes. Didn't mean he like them any more than he had previously.

"Roight un'naht'rahl thaht is" he muttered.

Still, that there were people protecting villagers from the spiked did put his mind at ease some.

Clan being spiked had surprised him least. Wark trusted Maw, Maw didn't like Clan, therefore Wark didn't like Clan.

"Whar is ev'ry'un?"

Baldrick wandered up and licked Wark's hand. "Aht least Oi've got yeh Balders"

He went inside his hovel to make dinner.

Edited by el_warko

Dangit, I'm out on spring break, and come back to this... Why do I miss all the action?

BTW I rioted Dane to save myself, you were right :D

Now to the story...

One spiked left. Who could it be? Can I ask to be seeked of my own will?

Edit: Was having computer errors and it randomly posted

Edited by the Gleeman

"Another spiked," grumbled Raubber as the next body was brought to him, "and you say that this is the one putting those strange marks all over the place? The ones that gave me such a headache? Ones like this don't deserve a burial or a burning." And with that, Raubber proceeds to drag the corpse out of the graveyard and into the lands of the mistwraiths. "Even this is too kind for one who talks in code."

Gamut had just finished another round of the Village, making sure all was silent in the Mists. The ever present, oppressive mists, spinning and twisting in random, swirling patterns. Gamut could almost swear he saw a silhouette of a body outlined in the mists, but when he turned his head for a better look it was gone. Flaring Iron for so long was starting to do odd things to Gamut's mind. The blue lines springing away from him, towards any source of metal, were his constant companions. He was even able to start detecting faint lines just pointing right at people who weren't even wearing metal.

Gamut didn't know what that was all about, but he hoped it would give him a strong enough edge in the night to come. The Trust might have had great success so far, but there was still at least one more Spiked out there.

Gamut stood on top of the Smithy for a few more minutes, vigilantly watching over the town of Blackwater. A small blue line popped up from in the distance, moving in quick, fluid arcs. Good thing I'm not the only one, Gamut thought to himself, and decided to head back to Lurcher's, which he had just made his new base of operations.

When he walked in the door, he noticed new footsteps tracked through the dust, right up to where he had hid his journal. The entire book was gone.

Wark slept lightly these days. Drinking had numbed his pain and dulled his senses. His senses were coming back slowly. At this moment he was dreaming.

"Jak, Kale, when you are talking about him it's whom when it's he it who." Maggie instructed he boys. Even in his dreams their face were fading. like a warn picture that had seen too much light.

"If I was to say "I stepped on him"" she said as she stepped on Wark who was building towers with the girls.

("Ungh" Wark grunted as her foot came down.)

"and you were not looking, you would say "Whom did you step on?" Whereas if I was to say, "she stepped on a no good layabout and you were not listening

"Hay!, Oi re'sem'bill thaht remark" Wark cried with mock indignation.

"you would say who did you step on." It's a subject/object relationship. He is the subject, so you say who, whereas him is an object (in more ways than one) so you say whom. Understand?"

"Tha onhlee thing Oi unda'stand is you steppin' onh meh!" Wark said fondly as he tackled his wife to the ground. "Now boys go'an wash up fer dinna, Oi've got'ta kiss yeh mam. Come 'ere yeh""

Wark soon realised that the woman he was kissing in his dreams was the dog.

He was awake and house before sunrise by his reckoning. By The Lord Ruler he was thirsty. He reached around for a bottle and stopped when he rememebered he quit. He got out of bed, lit a lamp and went to the ewer by the stove. It was empty.

"Oi neehd a drink, kill'ers'n tha mist or knot!"

Wark grabbed the ewer and cracked open the door and saw Nevyn.

(Bonus points on offer here, double if you can give me his name prior to this one)

He slipped out into the night towards the well and promptly tripped over a rock. His jaw crashed into the sod, his teeth into his tongue. Pushing himself up he spat out some blood his hand grasped in the dark for the ewer. It found a scrap of paper. Wark pocketed the paper, found the jug, filled it up at the well and rushed back to his house. He may have needed a drink but only an idiot would stay out with killers on the loose. Wark was an idiot, but he wasn't stupid.

"M-O-O-N, thaht spehls knot stew'pid"

Inside he poured some water into a cup, rinsed, gargled and spat until the bleeding stopped. He unfolded the paper it was half a page. The top half if he was any judge.

"This mus' be tha part'ee invoite thaht they fur'gaht ta give meh!. Oi new thay carred!"

zgyt.png

It more closely resembled chicken footprints than. At the top Wark could make out some words.

"Lie Gap Lanroj Stumag? Thaht mahkes no sense?"

"Oh, iht's up soide down! Gamuts Journal Page 17. Thahts a funee way to invoite summin' ta a part'ee"

Wark poked his head out the door.

"Gamut"  He bellowed, "Oi wood vehry much loik'ta come'ta yeh swar'eh.  Oi'll bring tha dip, an'tha chickens feet"

Selvar heard Gamut whispering to himself, and in a short while went to work on a new plan.  Passers by would notice him going in and out of a small blue shed beside his house, each time coming out with something that couldn't possibly have fit inside.  First he came out with a small herd of horses, which he tethered nearby, and that was followed by a rack, an iron maiden, an assortment of thumbscrews, a barrel of tar together with a sack of feathers, and a basket of rats.  After pondering for a while he went in one final time and came out with a complete ship.  His work done, he went to find Gamut.

"Psst.  Hey Gamut," he whispered.  "I may have what you were looking for.  Owing to your seafaring past I thought that you might like to use this ship. It has a large number of barnacles on the side, which would make it perfect to use for keelhauling someone, but I fear we do not have enough water for that, unless we could empty out one of the canals."

As Selvar was making his way back to his home, a scrap of paper blew into his face.  Try as he might, he couldn't make out anything legible.

When he looked closer, he could see some faint writing, looking as if it had been erased, which said, "For back of Page 17."

rwzx.png

"I wonder if this might not be one of Gamut's journal pages," he said.  "They do have a habit of turning up."

Day 6

The assasin snuck up on the target, wearing the same metal suit as the night before. This time they had cleverly replaced the arm cannon ammo with ceramic rounds. There was no stopping them this time.

There was a gentle tug on one of the assasin's metal boots. Then a stronger one. The foot was pulled out from underneath the assassin and the assassin face planted into the ground, then was slowly dragged into the night by the foot, kicking and screaming and cursing

----------------------------------------------

Vizzini sat in his home,  looking out the window and practicing emotional allomancy on members of his brute squad.

"I don't want to get you a drink" Fezzik declared

riot thirst and helpfullness Vizzini thought to himself, burning zinc that should do it

"I second thought," Fezzik added, "I'm kinda thirsty, and I might as well get you one while I'm at it."

Vizzini smiled. It was almost too easy.

The window shattered, spraying vizzini with shattered glass and coins

--------------------------------------------

another tineye message appeared during the night. This time on the ceiling of the Lurcher:

10000000000M11000011000000000e1
011r00011100e000110110m00111000110
0A000
110011000a0000000001110n00
0000wA000000
1000011000e0000000110000000
1101110000000000000110110o

Yes, I am getting tired and running out of ideas. This is the glyph Shash, if you didn't get that already. Sorry, Maw, I'm doing your decoding for you.
And now, a message from out lovely Trustee,

bkpc.png

The bottom half of this page is ripped off underneath what appears to be a horizontal fold line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

someone was lurched!

Vizzini was a rioter!

day 6 begins now and will last about 36 hours

Edited by jasonpenguin

Ah Vizzini, We will miss you. It appearsi'm the last Emotional allomancer around. but why did the COinshot Suspect Vizzini? Gamma, do we have anymore Suspicions?

Edit, and who do the Spiked keep attacking, they've been lurched 3 times now.

Edited by The Only Joe

Well, if it is Lents' Suit being used, I doubt it's Lents. I mean, he's on another world, and since he died here, his Stuff was left here.So The Incredibly Stupid Assasin has just been wearing his suit for it's killing powers. Stupid of him. Wait, Peng, remember? It's made of Uranium. It can't be pushed or pulled on. I said that when I sold it to Lents.

Well, the Tineye told us that it's supposed to be Shash, but I found these white letters intermingled in the glyph:

Meremaanwaeo. I don't know what in the calamity that means but okay. What's with those chicken scratch things anyway? Why do Wark and Selver have them?

*Ahem*

Gamut strode into the center of town and plopped down a shiny, metal boot onto the ground. And then he began to recite:

"I don't have many suspects
But we have plenty of time
So here are my Top 3,
I hope you don't mind"

And then he strode away, leaving the metal boot sitting there. Attached to it was a note, with three names:

• Joe
  • Mabi
  • Wark

Umm... I Know I've said that I'll vote with Gamma, and Sooth who ever he says to, But that does not apply to voting for Myself.

Also, I'm innocent. I'm the Village Soother. I voted for Asp and Erendi and Clan.

Early on, when I payed Chid's debt to Maw, I read Chid's Mind, Remember? And only Preservation Could do That. Not Ruin.

On the Subject of Wark and Mabi, I have no Idea.

Well, if it is Lents' Suit being used, I doubt it's Lents. I mean, he's on another world, and since he died here, his Stuff was left here.So The Incredibly Stupid Assasin has just been wearing his suit for it's killing powers. Stupid of him. Wait, Peng, remember? It's made of Uranium. It can't be pushed or pulled on. I said that when I sold it to Lents.

No, you did not. You refused to sell it to me prompting me to make a more ironman, less giant mecha one.