Long Game 3: Blackwater Village

Peng the Just

It's still early, so I don't want to jump the gun here, but if we don't hear from Peng soon, is it possible for one of the ghosts to finish it up? I don't know how much information the ghosts are privy to. 

If not, and we don't hear from Peng within 48 hours of this post (thus giving him roughly 4 days since the beginning of the night), I'll call this game a draw and we'll move on to the next game. 

Hopefully that sounds fair to everyone?

Thick mist lay over the village of Blackwater obscuring the sky above.  The air was still, not a hint of a breeze anywhere to be found.  Ash fell lazily down through the mist to lie undisturbed among its already fallen brethren.  It was as if the world itself was waiting for something to happen.

A lone figure could be seen wandering back and forth in front of a wooden building.  He seemed to be a part of the mists themselves clothed in an ash grey outfit.  Smoke could just be seen curling above him as he puffed on an ebony pipe.  He seemed to be muttering to himself as he paced down the street.

Damnation take this mist.  How am I to see if the sun has risen or not with this thrice-cursed mist hanging around.  He said to met him here at the crack of dawn.  Well, has dawn cracked or not?  Maybe I missed him and he decided to train the others and just left me to stew in my misery.

As Alon reached an intersection a tile fell from the roof above.  "Stars above." he exclaimed as he scrambled away.  Fumbling at his belt, Alon cursed leaving behind the dagger back in Danes table.  Trying to calm his thumping heart, Alon tried to scan the rooftops but couldn't see anything with the mist obscuring everything beyond a few feet.  Straining to see any movement, Alon slowly backed away until he found the doorway leading into the barracks.

Crouched atop a roof, Jac listened to Alon pace up and down the street.  Hearing something clatter into the street below,  Jac spun around and tapped his metalmind.  Quickly downing a vial of metal flakes, Jac pulled a glass dagger from behind his back.  Sliding along the rooftop Jac rounded a chimney and saw the outline of someone crouching just ahead.  Creeping up behind the watcher, Jac hit the stranger on the back of the head with the daggers handle.  Grabbing the stranger before he could fall, Jac turned him over and was shocked to see it was one of his friends.  "You really need to whistle before you arrive Lem."  Loading Lem over his shoulder, Jac lowered himself off the rooftop and headed back to the loft above the Lurchers Inn.

For those interested.  Jac is a twinborn.  Steelrunner and Pewterarm.  He will also be a worldhopper, showing up in my future games. .

Edited by Alvron

It's still early, so I don't want to jump the gun here, but if we don't hear from Peng soon, is it possible for one of the ghosts to finish it up? I don't know how much information the ghosts are privy to. 

We haven't been given access to that information yet. We do have most of the other information though (roles etc.), and I do still have access to the Spiked doc. 

We Could all just swear to be honest, and sent our  Roles and all the rolse we know to Aspren. I mean logicaly, he'd be able to figure out who was lying that way.

he's been offline since Mar 21 2014 10:57 PM

Yes, but could you trust me not to give the spiked an advantage?   :o   

Just kidding. I wouldn't ruin the game like that.

Edited by Aspren

I'll leave it up to the Ghosts (with Asp heading things, considering he can be a go between for the Spiked Doc) if they would like to attempt it. 

If they are, we'll all send our roles and Night Orders from the last night. Once they have them all, they can do a quick write up (it doesn't need to be anything fancy guys. You can literally just say, "This person died. This person was attacked, but survived. Etc.") and we'll get the show back on the road!

Day 5
The assassin snuck through the night, wearing a metal suit stolen off of lent's body. It was a noisy thing, but hopefully would be effective. They eyed the target through the scope and leveled the arm cannon, only to have the shot veer wildly off course.
Cursing and whirring, they retreated into the mists.
---------------
Alon slept comfortably in his bed that night, dreaming of happy times in black water. the first few years had been hard work, but they had brought everyone together.  After a few years of working the fields, he had saved up and managed to get a team of horses and earn himself a relatively important role in the village, delivering goods.He rolled onto his side, a smile on his face. The coins took him in the face and ripped into the smile
----------
covering the entire floor of the lurcher was a message:

tineyenight5_zpsdb3473b9.png
and written on the east wall of the Lurcher was:

photo_zps4728f801.jpg

149|9|15|12|14|7|1|34|55|4|10|11|
10|11|12|7|12|149|12|7|7|14|83|12|7|4|7|10|1|
14|4|25|
9|1|6|
55|4|10|11|9|1|6|15|171|4|8|8|4|34|83|55|4|7|11|12|7|

10|11|4|7|55|14|9|25|12|14|10|11|11|14|149|12|14|34|4|34|83|

the Lurcher was really become quite the popular place for encoded graffiti

-------

Someone was lurched
Alon was a regular villager

Edited by jasonpenguin

My face, my beautiful face.  Oh woe is me. 

Now then, where are my chains.  Time for a good haunting.  Somewhere near a beach I think.  With lots of young skaa woman to scare.

Was going to do some cool RP, but the faster this gets out there the better.

Goodbye,
Clan, the Spiked Tineye. :ph34r:

Edit: Now for some Roleplay

Gamut landed with a light thump on the rooftop, Pulling on a metal latch behind him as an anchor to slow his descent. The night had been terribly long, the Mists lingering way past normal hours, the sun refusing to rise. Not until the Iron Price was paid.

There was a sound as somebody landed behind Gamut, and he cursed as he wildly spun around, reaching for another vial of Iron and raising his shield to ward of any attack. No use.

It was the other Ironborn, of course.

"The Seeker is safe." He said, and Gamut let out a sigh. "But there's something else," he continued, "I got a glimpse of the attacker. It was the Tineye, Clan."

Gamut wanted to say he was surprised, but with how things were going, it only made sense. He let out his breath that he was startled to find himself holding.

"Aye. There's only one thing to do, then. Good work." And with that, Gamut turned and started burning his Iron, getting ready to jump off and head to the town square and let everybody know.

The red sun, a deep crimson color, began to creep over the horizon, burning away the mists and ash began to slowly drift down from the sky. Today was going to be a day for blood.

Edited by Gamma Fiend