Long Game 3: Blackwater Village

Peng the Just

Waitaminute. Baldrick is your character's dog? Blackadder Baldrick, or some other Baldrick?

[spooky]OoooOOOooooOOOO.......OOOoooOOOO..... The deeeeeaaaaaaaaad..... are grOooOOOOoooowing.... boooOOOOoooored....... Entertain uuuuuuuuuuuuusssssss....... BefoooOOooore..... We riiiiiiiiiiiiise....... Agaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiin.........[/spooky]

Under the Cover of the Night, Joe Headed to the Graveyard where he had helped Raubber Bury Friends and Enemies. They had burned and Staked the Bodies of Asp and Erendi before Burying them, just in Case. But Now Joe Had a Different Mission. This time, He was Digging up Bodies. He took a Shovel, and Unearthed the Bodies of Xaneth and his Old Rival Forage. Then He hung Silver Spears around their Neck, and Poured Liquid Metal onto them. Hopefully Holy Symbols and Metal would Stop Ruin From allowing them to Haunt the Living.

But Seriously, Can we post more than once as hour? I'm Alive and I'm Bored.

Edited by The Only Joe

Waitaminute. Baldrick is your character's dog? Blackadder Baldrick, or some other Baldrick?

[spooky]OoooOOOooooOOOO.......OOOoooOOOO..... The deeeeeaaaaaaaaad..... are grOooOOOOoooowing.... boooOOOOoooored....... Entertain uuuuuuuuuuuuusssssss....... BefoooOOooore..... We riiiiiiiiiiiiise....... Agaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiin.........[/spooky]

The reincarnation of Blackadders Baldrick (First season) or maybe Blackadders Baldrick is the reincarnation of the dog.  Regardless, the dog's the smart one.

Edited by el_warko

Wark, stop it. I'm almost shedding tears. I don't want to see this backstory. But I do at the same time. :'(

Four Years Ago

Maw was tired. Tired of stealing for some stranger. Tired of hiding. He was done. Fano was a year old now and he was crawling around and taking stumbling steps. Maw had missed his first steps. He missed the boy's first word, mama. He had missed too much. He was done. The boy didn't see his father often. Maw was always either being forced to steal or, when he wasn't, to work to provide enough for his small family. Syli was pregnant with their second child. He barely had enough time to manage enough work to provide for three. How he would for four was above him.

Maw was done. Finally, he found Nahn and told him he was done. "Whatever you have on me, it isn't worth it. I'm done," Maw began to walk away. "Are you sure?" Nahn asked. "I'm sure," Maw said resolutely. He turned and left.

When Maw arrived at his home that night, he found his wife weeping by the hearth. She pointed in the small kitchen. Maw walked in there, expecting the worst. It was worse than that. Fanno was lying on the table, surrounded in blood. A note stuck to the table with a bloody knife read, "You're not done.". Maw broke down and wept, sinking onto the floor.

Edited by Mailliw73

Are we allowed to Extend the Night? I Just Got WoR, and I don't want to Stop reading it till i'm Done, But I don't want to abandon my Friends to the Spiked People. But I will if I have to. I'm going Inactive for a Day or two.

this night cycle has been extended by 12 hours. 

Edited by jasonpenguin

Day 4

Arst snuck through the night, getting ready for the kill. He had retreived his steel dagger from two nights ago and held it in his hand. He saw his target in the street ahead of him and lifted up his dagger, ready to charge, when once again a force yanked the dagger out of his hand. Arst swore and burned bronze. He sensed the pulses of someone burning iron.

Vowing never to bring metal weapons to an assasination again, he charged after the sorce of the pulses, determined to get his dagger back. He became aware of another set of allomantic pulses, coming from a different direction. Steel this time.

uh oh Arst thought as a spray of coins hit him in the chest.

-------------------------------------------------------------

once again more messages appeared in the night. Bartson's now abondoned tavern was quickly becoming the popular place to leave these messages. In addition to the messages on the outside of the door and on the bar from the previous night, on the south wall someone had painted:

tineyenight4_zpsdea3b0b0.png

PS: I found this, not sure what to make of it.

I am unfortunately the hero of blackwater Holding such power did strange things to my mind In just a few days I became familiar with the villagers roles their histories and the ways they might be used
– From Gamut's Journal;Pattern 1 scribbled hastily on the top and the bottom of the page is torn off

----------------------------------------------------

and nailed to the outside wall was a note. On the front it read:

Dad-a-chum, dad-a-chee?Not to worry, you've got the key!
-Taken from Gamut's journal, top of page is missing

and on the back it had more strange symbols and numbers

aon_iad.jpgme. I will give
aon_ial.jpg.
aon_kii.jpgwill be served.
aon_sheo.jpg to the Spiked.
aon_eon.jpg to the end. Aon Ate
aon_ial.jpgonly evil.

~ aon_mai.jpg, your friendly Tineye.

-----------------------------------------

someone was Lurched!

Arst was a spiked seeker!

day four begins now and will end in about 36 hours!

Ok, let's actually take advantage of this Day Cycle. We need to start discussing our Suspicions, getting everybody talking out in the open, that's the best way to catch the remaining Spiked at this point. There's only probably 2 left at this point, so they're basically going to do their best to hide and avoid any and all suspicion.

So we can't let that happen. I have quite a few suspects, but right now I am leaning towards Alon, a little bit.
I obviously want to give him a chance to defend himself here in the thread, so I do not want anybody tossing any votes on him because of me just voicing suspicion of him.

Anybody else who has any ideas or suspects, now is the time to come forward and voice those thoughts.

Woohoo! Go Coinshot! We have a great chance this game. Three spiked down and two villagers.

As self-appointed Tineye decoder, I will be working on decoding the second message. I can't find anything In the first.

The Aons, in order from to bottom, mean: Trust, Helpfulness/Aid, Justice, Death, Endurance/Willpower, Helpfulness/Aid, the one that appears to be the signature of the Tineye is Honor.

I'll work on those numbers soon. It looks like Mr. T's code in WoR. I remember seeing a key on the forum somewhere. I'll post when I decode it.

I can't get anything from those numbers. This is all I've gotten so far: "I 3(this confuses me. There's no 3 in T's code) aa(or oioi or oia or aoi) yol a(or oi)ol"

I'm trying to figure out what the storms they did with those numbers. I think the second set of numbers that is on the back is actually in Taravangian's code. So far I've gotten this out of it: "I/believe/I/have/cracked/the/code" with "Thath" on the next line. I will update this as I go.Done. What is a Thath? Edit: I did a quick search on the coppermind and figured out that it is the Alethi glyph for "Justice". Well there you go.

Edited by Mailliw73

A platter of food awaited Alon when he awoke.  Half a dozen steaming slices of meat swimming in gravy, a wedge of cheese, half a loaf of warm fresh baked bread and a pitcher of chilled wine.  The room was faintly lit with the coals of the banked fire.  Of his torn and bloodly clothes he wore the night before there was no sign.  Instead a neatly folded stack of black clothing was sitting on one of the oaken chairs.

Rising from the bed he wrapped a soft robe around himself before eating the meal, quelling the persistent rumbling of his ravenous stomach.

Outside the rain had stopped, the mists retreating with the morning rays shining through the clouds.  A wind howled through the village, the banging of unlatched window shutters could be heard up and down the street as shopkeepers opened for the days trading.  Somewhere a dog barked insistently.

Finishing his meal, Alon dressed, grabbed his leather belt and sheathed dagger hanging from the hook in the door and opened the door.  Walking down the stairs he noticed that the cloak he had dropped the night before was gone, replaced with a dark green one hanging from one of the pegs by the entrance way.

Nodding to the hooded man by the gate he quietly left the compound and headed towards the nobles mansion.

Jac's viewpoint

Jogging along the rooftops a figure followed Alon as he headed into the mansion owned by Dane.  What are you up to old man?

I always get warm fuzzies whenever my name appears in red.

I'm suspected?  The only reason I can think of is that it's because I haven't voted in any of the day cycles.  First cycle I didn't vote as I had nothing to go on.  Second one I thought there was no point as everyone had already piled on Asp.  Third vote wasn't placed as I was away at a funeral.  Cannot think of any other reason to suspect me but if killing me will prove my innocence then by all means, kill me.If you must kill me, use a garrotte.  Always wanted a death scene.

Anyone who voted Xaneth is suspicious since he was active enough, had no majorsuspicions, and ended up being unspiked. The three who voted him are very suspicious. At least one will be spiked. Otherwise is in all ways incocievable.

I vote Wark. His backstory is a little too sad and suspicious. He voted Xaneth. He is just barely active enough to be suspicious.

Edited by the Gleeman

Well, I was about to pop on and vote Mabi, but them I saw that Gamut beat me to it. Well, all the more reason to vote for her.

I shall, Gamut, I shall. Or at least try.

Vizzini, Wark is more active than Xaneth was. I don't think that is a good reason.

Alvron, what is the third character in your sig? You've only played two games.

Edited by Mailliw73

Well, that was certainly interesting. I thought I would survive, because nobody had bothered to lynch me. ;3 Turns out, a coinshot has a pretty good choice of suspects. Anyway, I hope you all get your heads chopped off, and are killed slowly by Ruin's hand. Good luck! -Spiked out.

This game is crazy. 3 spiked dead already; 1 a mistborn, 1 a seeker, and all the villagers who are dead are powered; a mistborn, a seeker, a connector and a smoker. Fortunately we can withstand a war of attrition like this far better than the spiked can. The two lurched attacks are really helping us out here.

Personally I think there is a good chance that at least one of the remaining spiked is one of the more active posters here. This isn't a vote, but Dane would you care to explain why the only time you have voted thus far was to jump on the Asp killing and that was after he revealed himself as spiked?

Clan grumbled, "There was no need to make so much noise o'er a spiked gettin' killed, no need ta wake me up, I woulda been just as happy to find out in the mornin'. No consideration fer the elderly."

Gamut was amused at Maw's attempts to solve his code. He may have solved those random string of numbers, but it looked like the hidden contents of his journal were safe for now. Too bad one of the Tineyes didn't manage to get the entire page in one piece, Gamut remarked to himself, and shook his head.

Despite his raised spirits, after the success of last night, Gamut had a grim task to set to; accusing and hanging another Villager.
"Before we keep adding more votes onto Mabi, we should let her come and defend herself. Let's make sure we let everybody have a fair say."

And with that, Gamut strode off to go raid the Lurcher's Inn for any remaining liquor.

Maw was disappointed in his attempts to decipher the Tineye's message. What could those numbers mean? He only hoped it wasn't too important. After calling out Mabi, he felt bad but knew someone needed to be lynched. He was sorry that he felt that way about Mabi, she seemed nice enough, but also one of the most suspicious to Maw.

Four Years Ago

Maw was sitting on the floor after crying his eyes out when he had a heart attack and died. Nalan brought him back to life. The end.

Jk, he's not done yet.

Edited by Mailliw73

Mabi it is. I don't really have any reason other than personal she has been on the chopping block twice and made it through. That proved fatal in the first game. Oh, and as far as we know the only safe character we have is Gamut and he voted for her... little sad killing off the towns only woman though...

Wark woke up he didn't have a headache but the DT's were kicking his lilly white bottom.

Baldrick looked at him with adoring eyes, it was the first time in years that he'd seen his master lucid. Wark left his house, the Lucher called him, but this time, for once in his life, he would be strong.

A man whose base was that of a master criminal (at least in his own mind) was preaching that Wark was spiked. Wark nudged him off his soapbox and took him place addressing the villagers present.

"Oi have votehd 'n ev'ree poll tak'n as I believe thaht failyure t' vote is a criome against the game".

"Oi vo'tehd fur Xaneth as Oi reck'on thaht splittin' thah vote dus more 'arm thahn good 'antha onlee benefuht is tah tha spoiked. At thah toime, tharh wus only threh vo'tahs, Mabi, Maw a' meself. Dane'd drop'd out. Oi wood 'ave voht'ad Mabi as ev'ree toime thaht shees bin nohm'ah'nat'd thahrs bin action tak'n on herh tal'ee. But at too vohts ta one thar'd be no gain 'cept ta Xaneth iffin 'e wehr spoiked.

Oi'm castin meh voht fur Mabi

Tha las' thing Oi'd lahk ta say is thaht those 'oo voht is commit. Oi'd expacht Mabi ta voht fur meh. If'n she ain't spoiked thahn it's 'er behst cahnce at loife, if she is spoiked thahn her fellows'll eye'tha poile on meh too ur moi num'bahs'll go up'n tha tall'ee. Oi rec'kah tha' if yeh sloight'lee sars'pish'us uf herh, thahn we need ta vote in numburhs, any less'n foive an is hehs spoiked, she'll walk free.

I und'r'stand thaht iff'n she ain't spoiked moi hahd'll be next. Oi've spant farh too mucha moi loife at tha bottom of a bottle. Toime ta b' strong, evehn if it means moi own dath."

The mansion lay on the north side of town.  A large four storied building, much taller than the houses around it, with high towers and battlements ringing the top two floors, colored pennons flapping in the winds.  It was walled off from the rest of the village by ash-grey streaked stone.

The steel gates were open and five guards could be seen patrolling the grounds wearing the dark red uniforms that marked them as members of the garrison.

"Halt!" one of them barked as Alon approached the courtyard.  Alon continued to walk towards the large double doors.  "I said to halt, skaa." the guard bellowed, drawing his sword.  Alon reached into his coat pocket and flashed a plaque to the guard.  Glancing at the plaque the guards face drained of color.  "S-sorry Sir." the guard stammered "C-can I assist you?"

Replacing the plaque, Alon glanced at the guard. "You can make sure no one else gets n my way."

"At once, Sir" the guard replied bolting for the main doors.

Don't know where the thin man got this thing but it sure is useful.  Alon thought as he passed through the now open doorway.

Heading down the broad central corridor, Alon saw the guard arguing with two blue clad soldiers guarding the door to the audience chamber.  "We were told not to open this door for anyone." one of them declared

"He's not just anyone, he's one of them." the guard screamed.  Seeing Alon approach the guard made to move away, but Alon grabbed his arm.

"You never saw me, understand." Alon whispered.  The guards eyes were wild as he nodded vigorously.  "You can go now."

The guard bolted

Turning to one of the soldiers, Alon stared at the mans eyes "Open the door" he spoke.

It hung there a long moment, while the soldiers looked at each other then nervously at Alon.  Then one of them swallowed hard and fumbling with the handle opened the door.

The audience chamber was large, carpeted and draped in maroon.  Large candelabras lined the walls, and there were more candles on the polished table in the centre of the room.  Two men sat at the table with documents before them.

One of the men was unknown to Alon, a muscle-bound man wearing a riot  of conflicting colors and a pinched-in face.  The other was Dane, outfitted in close-fitting blue tunic and trousers.  His black knee-high boots were polished to a mirror shine.

"Alon!"  Dane said sharply  "what are you doing here?"

Taking a seat at the table, Alon browsed through the various documents arrayed in front of him.  "We need to talk."

I'm going to vote for Wark.  Most people are jumping on the bandwagon without giving Mabi a chance to defend.  If I remember correctly Wark's backstory also has him being hit by a piece of flying tin that embedded itself into his eye.  How do we know that piece of tin didn't go through another before it hit him and turned Wark into a spiked tineye.  Hiding your spike through rp is a good way to throw off suspicion.

Maill, the third name is for a Sel game if there is one.  I'm claiming the Aon Ate (silence) before anyone else.  He's going to be a Stonemason/Quarry Foreman. (depending on the scenario)

Edited by Alvron