Long Game 3: Blackwater Village

Peng the Just

Night 3

The villagers were excited. The death of Erendi the day before, combined with no deaths during the night, had brought hope and confidence. They simply needed to find another spiked again today, and everyone met back at Cryus’s hovel, which was now simply a meeting place, to discuss who to kill next. Soon after the discussions for the day began, Gamut jumped to his feet.

“My informants tell me that Asp is spiked!”

“I am” Asp found himself saying.

Everyone turned toward Asp, with murder in their eyes.  

Asp fled. It was the only thing he could do. As he ran, he downed three whole vials of all nine important metals: iron, steel, tin, pewter, zinc, brass, bronze, copper and lead. A large part of him was starting to believe that lead really had allomantic properties. Deluding himself like that was the only way to keep himself taking it. As the villagers chased him through the streets of Blackwater, voices echoed through his head kill, end, destroy, ruin, kill…

He sent a flurry of coins back at the villagers, catching several in the shoulders and legs, but nothing lethal. He was getting away. There was no way that they could keep up with a full Mistborn. He dropped a coin on the ground and shot over a building. He was free. He would go back to Luthadel and…

Asp fell to his knees and vomited. He tried to get up, but stumbled. He couldn’t think straight. What was wrong with him? The lead he thought it’s finally working. A part of him was glad for it as the world around him faded away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asp was a Spiked Mistborn!

Night 3 begins now and will end in about 36 hours

The votes:

Asp(12)-Joe, maw, meta, bartson, gamut, wark, selvar, dane, xaneth, mac, forage, chidden

Mabi(0)-Clan

No vote(7)- alon, asp, Lents, raubber, arst, vizzini, Mabi

Edited by jasonpenguin

The thread is getting a little long, so I'd like to point out that there are links to each of the write ups in the original post for easy navigation. ^_^  so if you're looking for something specific, that should make it easier to find.

Edited by jasonpenguin

Gamut fell to his knees, blessing the Mists, the Lord Ruler, and Lead Mistings everywhere. Tears were streaming from his eyes.

"I did it!" He triumphantly exclaimed. "WE did it!"

OOC: Whew. Oh my. That was probably one of the toughest decisions I've had to make in this game so far. That last round was BRUTAL. You almost had me, Asp. Straight up.

So now if everybody doesn't mind, I am going to go ahead and dump all my info I've gathered onto my now known safe Informant. Since I doubt I'll be surviving the night. I could probably use some protection, if anybody who could do that wants to get ahold of me...

Welp... I didn't expect a confession. But dang, we're doing good! Two successful lynches in a row. And we've taken out the Spiked Mistborn. Definitely the best game for the villagers so far!

Maw sighed in relief.SThey were choosing all the right people.iAnd with the Mistborn gone,gthe few Spikedhremaining would be at a serioustdisadvantage.

Five Years Ago

Maw met the man at the designated place. He had been told that to keep his family alive, he would need to steal specific items from merchants. The man left notes in a code that told him when and what to steal. Maw had grudgingly given in. He wouldn't let the man kill his wife or new child.

Edited by Mailliw73

Well this is interesting.  It makes me think that an earlier comment about how the Spiked were trying to save Erendi by throwing a bunch of votes at me.  It's kinda odd how Mabi either got a Soothed vote OR Clan is a Connector and is storing his votes. (If votes against Mabi are getting soothed then thank you!)

So not knowing if Mabi will survive the night (although there are far more appealing targets out there for Coinshots) here is what I'm thinking so far relative to the information that I have about my character so far.

Day 1 - Erendi and Mabi both had three votes against them, but only 2 votes for Mabi were counted.  The people that voted for Mabi were: Asp, Clan, and Xaneth

Day 2 - Asp was lynched and he was one of the three people that voted for Mabi in what I assume was an attempt to save Erendi.

In my opinion this casts some suspicion against Clan and Xaneth (I would like to emphasize that it is suspicion and not actually an accusation).  Additionally Clan has voted on both Day 1 and Day 2 against Mabi.

In my opinion these are the two most likely situations in respect to Clan.  Either:

1 - He is a Connector Ferring and is storing his votes.

2 - He is a Spiked and someone Soothed votes against Mabi.

(I realize a third option is a Spiked Connector, but that doesn't make as much sense since if he were to store his vote then Erendi would be back on the chopping block)

My suggestion (if there is still a Seeker out there - I haven't been keeping consistent track sadly) is if we can verify Clan and Xaneth's identity it may be helpful in our situation.

Okay now that my thoughts are aired onto RP!

Mabi was in pain, the soreness from the previous night paled in comparison to what she was feeling now.  She had been caught in the stray spray of coins as Asp had entered his death throes as the entire village had realized that the crazy village peddler had been much more dangerous than they had realized.

While she was glad that another one of the killers that had started to plague the village was dead, she couldn't really celebrate with the others that had escaped unscathed.  She was on the ground, one coin had landed in her leg on her left thigh, another in her right bicep.  She was keeping still laying on her right side, following Selvar's orders to keep still and pressure on the wounds.  She did her best to keep pressure on her arm, and someone else was helping her keeping pressure on her leg.  I suppose that mean that they flipped my dress and petticoat up?  I can feel the wind down there. She wasn't really sure who it was as her eyes were closed tight as she just focused on blocking out the pain and trying to keep calm.

I'm going to need a new dress. An idle thought surfaced in her mind as she thought about having to repair what would now be a blood-stained dress.  I hope that these coins are going to be enough to pay Selvar to patch me up, and hopefully some left over to go towards a new dress.  Numbness was slowly settling in on her injured arm and leg replacing the pain, she could no longer feel the warmth of whoever was applying pressure to her leg.  

She could distantly hear voices around her, it seemed that Selvar's voice was near, telling her that it wasn't too bad that that she'd be up and about by night fall.  Part of herself doubted that, but she wasn't the doctor, just the occasional assistant for her skill with needles.

Edited by Lanscaper

If Clan is a Connector, then he's doing a bad job of it. For a Connector, the smartest choice should be to hide in the largest group. Even if he thought Asp was innocent, there's no reason to vote for Mabi instead, as his vote wouldn't count anyways. Someone is soothing/rioting Clan, or maybe just anyone who votes for Mabi.

The thread is getting a little long, so I'd like to point out that there are links to each of the write ups in the original post for easy navigation. ^_^  so if you're looking for something specific, that should make it easier to find.

You can always start a new thread, like I did last game. I will merge them all together when I'm near a computer. Whatever you think will work best; just giving you the option, if you want to use it. 

"Cyrus?! Is that you?!" Gamut thought he was going crazy. He was still in the throes of celebrating the brief victory over the Spiked, and nursing a minor wound in his shoulder, from one of those wild coins Asp had shot back at everybody earlier. And that was Gamut's drinking arm!

He had been carousing and having fun, when he thought he heard the faint echoes of a familiar voice. It had almost sounded like...

"Cyrus? Have I done good? I've been a loyal Provost, doing my best to protect your people. Please, Captain, show me the way!"

There was a faint murmur, a slight sigh on the breeze in response.

"What? Link right-ups? That doesn't make any sense!"

Did I hear something about 'navigation', too? Maybe it is Captain Cyrus? Gamut just shook his head and dismissed what he thought he heard. He went back and joined the party in full swing at Lurcher's Inn. He walked in and looked over the crowd, feeling content. He would protect these people, and the best way to do that was to make sure he survived the night. I'll do you proud, Cyrus. I'll do you proud.

Meta sat at a table against the wall of The Lurcher. From here, he could see everyone come and go. He had a mug sitting next to him, but it was basically untouched. He wanted a sober mind for the night. Not only were the Spiked still out there, but they would be looking for revenge. 

Luckily, I've arranged for some protection tonight, he thought as he noted Gamut in the middle of the room, talking to himself. Amazing how much difference a day can make. We killed the crazy one and now our ex-pirate seems to be going crazy as well! 

Tonight was a great victory, but an animal is most dangerous when backed against the wall. Meta kept a careful watch, his mind cycling through everything that had happened, looking for clues. As long as they survived the night, perhaps something that happened tonight would lead them to another one of the foul murderers. 

Through out the Game, clan has been helpful, all those statistics and Such, while Xaneth has just been doing nothing. Seek him first.

I would use that as an argument exactly the opposite. In my opinion, an active posting a Spiked is much more dangerous than an inactive one. Take the first game for example. Mat was the Spiked mistborn and didn't post much in the thread. Despite having the most power, role-wise, I think Aether or Beetle, despite not having as much role power, were the more influential and dangerous Spiked. I say that Clan should be Seeked next.

Gamut finished off his drinks and left Lurchers Inn, strolling through the mists and patrolling around Blackwater Village. Cyrus had struggled and fought tooth and nail to establish this safe haven for the Skaa, and he had given everything to maintain that dream.

Gamut thought back to his younger years. Yes, everybody had called him a pirate, and he was. For a brief period of time. But you don't develop such a wide range of skills like Gamut had by sticking to one profession. But no matter what job he held, he always found himself protecting people. It seemed to be a natural side effect of his powers. Evil things would Push in the night, and Gamut would pull.

After rounding a corner and dashing into an alley way, Gamut downed a vial of Iron and burned it. Tiny blue lines sprung up all around him, pointing to all of the various sources of metal nearby. He flared his Iron and pulled himself up to a metal bar he had specifically installed on the roof of Lurcher's Inn, grabbing ahold of it and hoisting himself up over the edge onto the rooftop. He had always silently laughed at the irony of being a patron of a tavern so aptly named for him

You could almost say the name 'pulled' me in. He laughed to himself. Even in the bleakest of situations, Gamut had always found time to laugh. The world could always do it's best to bring you down, but as long as you had a smile on your face, evil could never win.

But all jokes aside, there was work to be done.

"We may have gotten two of them, but there's still more out there. We have to find out who we can trust!" Gamut's informant was of course already waiting for him, hiding in the mists.

"You're the one with the stupid rule that you can only Seek people right before dawn." Gamut replied. "I can go yanking myself across the rooftops anytime I want."

And with that, Gamut flared his Iron and took a running jump off of the roof, pulling himself towards a plate of steel he had attached to one of the nearby buildings. Pulling slightly backward at the metal bar on top of Lurcher's Inn, Gamut landed smoothly and continued on over to the next building. As skilled at Lurching Gamut was, there was still one other thing he did better. And that was collecting information.

Time to go see what my little birdies have to say...

OOC: So, no use really hiding anymore, since the Spiked already know my role. As the Dothraki would say, "It is known."
RP is definitely a lot more fun, being able to openly use powers! :P

*I would like all of the villagers with Roles to get ahold of me and let me know what they are. Or at least what you claim to be. I realize the potential of Spiked coming to me and lying about their roles, but the more I find out about what everybody is claiming to be, the more we can find inconsistencies.
I will not claim to be infallible, and if I live long enough to act on information, mistakes can  and most likely will be made. I apologize in advance for any Villagers I accidentally out and kill as a part of this initiative, but
even then we still still have information to learn from it.

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Clan found himself under suspicion. He couldn't say he was surprised, despite his best efforts to help he had, thus far, failed to successfully identify the spiked. He doubted he would be around much longer, spiked or no, but he would spend the time he had left doing his best to ferret out the spiked.

Well, things are going remarkably well. :) I am not the connector ferring, if I was I would be voting a lot differently to how I have been. Either a soother is targeting me or, far more likely, just defending Mabi. I kinda suspect Mabi is a soother. Spiked? Maybe not, but rather likely a soother.

Regarding those suspicious of me, well fair enough to be honest. If you look back through my posts though, each of my votes and arguments have been logical and aimed at getting us the information we need despite at times knowingly putting myself in a suspicious situation by doing so. Given that, I think that seeking me is a slight waste of a round, however I can definitely understand the desire to do so, and given our early spike kills we do have a bit of leeway to play with now so long as the spiked don't find our seeker.

Still reading words of radiance, still not posting much, you should be grateful I'm on at all ; )

So. Mabi was a suspect earlier, I would say she still should be. Gamut - can you verify who has been cleared? Or rather, who has been scanned and showed up as not spiked (assuming none of them were smoked).

P.S. I'll start role-playing again once work lets up a little. Last few weeks have been hell.

P.S.S. I believe if someone shows up with a roll and not spiked that means they are 100%clear. Peng, is that correct? I read the smoker definition and it says: 
If scanned by a Seeker, the smoker or the person encompassed within his coppercloud will show up as nothing. Does that mean they show up as a regular villager?

Edited by Macen

I just Realized that most of My Posts have been Lacking in RP. So

During the night, Joe helped Raubber Bury the Bodies. Raubber was still healing from the Night before, so Joe did the Heavy lifting, and the Deep Digging. They had buried Erendi Deep, and taken the Spike out to melt at Joe's Shop, and they were doing the same thing to Asp tonight. a Spiked Mistborn was no Laughing Matter. They Had found nearly enough Spikes to make an Inquisitor in Asp. How did he Hide them All? They Replaced all the Metal Spikes with Wooden Stakes, then filled the Grave with Alcohol and set it On fire.

As they Waited for the Fire to Burn out, Joe sat on a Pile of Dirt to do some serious Thinking. Who among us Could be Spiked? Lents hasn't been on the World for 5 days, Gamma was obviously Safe, and Meta probably was. Joe hated the Backstabbing going on. He had known some of these men when they were simple Plantation Skaa, and Cyrus was Alive. But now? Suspects, all of them. He would have to step Carefully. 

When the Fire burned out, He and Raubber silently Piled on the Dirt. These Spiked could be Given no Leniency. 

Selvar walks up to the gravesite. "Farewell, my once friend, well... acquaintance, well... more like I know him on sight. May your rest be unwell and fraught with danger."

Edit: @Macen, if it's like the previous games, they would show up as smoked.

Edited by SirVarrock

I have told Gamut my occupation and told him to have his Seeker seek me. And I voted for Mabi purely as a emotional response to Clan's reasoning. I am not Spiked (it's not a very big Spike, not enough for Ruin to...you know control me) :P 

Edited by 18th Shard