Long Game 3: Blackwater Village

Peng the Just

Well you're just no fun then, aren't you?

I am fun. I'm just evil. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! MUAHAHAHA!

*cough cough*

I mean, "i thought this would add an interesting aspect to the game."

Edited by jasonpenguin

"Does Anyone know where Selvar, That Lazy Doctor is? His Analysis Couldn't Be more Useless than Meta's Was. What does he have to say?" So, he was killed from behind with an Obsidian Dagger. A Normal Killed Him?

"I Think there should be Multiple causes of Death, Since he had Pewter, and the Dagger alone couldn't Kill him."

Edit: He being Cyrus

Edited by The Only Joe

No, yells Lents from the rooftop, totally making his stealthy perch entirely useless, a dagger would do it. You can kill a pewter-burner with a dagger...

I should know.

His clockwork armor bristles, blades sliding from every joint.

It looks painful to move in that thing now.

Wark was startled by the screaming having slumped down outside Cyrus's door, bottle in hand.  He had just stood up as Cyrus rushed past, falling straight back down again.

"Me Far'tha always said "Sun, when ye fahl down tha thurd tyme, thahts whare ye shall sleep""

The commotion drew Wark to Cyrus's body.

"Stahhbed eh? Or so thaht de'tact'uve fulla rek'ons. Oi'd nevah 'ave wohrkd thaht one out. Stihl nought cahn be dun about it.  If ahnyone wahnts me, Oi'll be a tha Larcha"

Maw raised the pitchfork he had carried to protect Cyrus in the air. "I vow to track down these killers and destroy them. Who's with me?" He yelled.

He was angry. Little children and now Cyrus? Maw detested these Spiked. He would hunt them down or die in the process.

"Me Far'tha always said "Sun, when ye fahl down tha thurd tyme, thahts whare ye shall sleep""

Joe Dragged a Thin Matress behind Wark, then pushed him over onto it. "Have a Pleasant Nap Wark, Hopefully the World will be A better Place when the Sun Rises. Maw I'm With You! But I also think we all need to get some sleep tonight. Lets all Go home, In Groups Mind you, And Sleep. I don't think that anyone should remain Alone anymore. Can Someone Offer Mabi a Place to Sleep?"

I would Suggest StripSearching everyone for Spikes, but the Internet would Censor Everything.

In the spinnings of the canals of ash, there are no beginnings or endings. Cyrus's death was the end of innocence, and the beginning of deceit. Now we are left to deal with the never ending winds, starting from the Ashmounts, blowing down to us.

Looking somewhat groggy, Selvar makes a sudden appearance by the body.

"My apologies for my absence, I had barricaded myself into my house from the moment it became clear that Cyrus would have benefited from a meeting with the local undertaker. It was also a wonderful way to get some uninterrupted time to my self. You see, I had recently seen some new words around, brilliant words, words that positively glowed. I presumed to complete my study of these words before immersing myself in the common world."

Selvar walks towards the body and waves a metallic looking cylinder over it before hitting the device on his hand and muttering to himself, "I really need to get Lents to fix this thing." After putting it away, he loudly proclaims, I can not see why my services were required, since I am fairly certain most of us agree on what killed him. A dagger through the chest tends to do that quite efficiently. Putting all that aside, we should give the man the respect he deserves with a prompt burial."

Well, I'm back. I was pretty much avoiding the forums until I had read Words of Radiance, and that's done with now. I'll probably reread, but now I can spare the time to use the forums, and without worrying about spoilers either. For now, good night!

Edit: What in Harmony's name happened to my post? Let's just remove the HTML tags...

Edited by SirVarrock

Meta hunched his shoulders at the insults hurled at him. 

Plebeianshe thought. I will show them the power of my detective skills! 

As such, Meta spent most of the night writing and rewriting; copying the same note time and again. During the early morning hours, he went house to house. He either slipped a sheet of paper under every door or he nailed it nearby. He... missed a few houses, but was that due to exhaustion or intent? 

Every note read the same. It said:

In the event of my death, I've taken the time to inform everyone of my uber-special techniques of amazing detective work, that are awesome and beyond reproach: 

• If no one speaks up against a lynch, then you're likely doing the work of these killers for them. They are a devious lot and they relish in letting us kill each other. As I write this, they will know these thoughts and try to confuse you, but be wary. 
  • Beware bandwagons. Voting is an option, not a rule (unless a GM demands it). The less likely that the vote will go the way these murderers wish it to, the more they will have to speak up. This will give them more opportunities to slip up.
  • Take into consideration that they may have vote-changing abilities, but even then, they'll have to discuss to make those abilities work for them unless you do the job for them.
  • Talk openly about your suspicions! If you get too close, They may want to silence you and while you will be dead, the rest of the village may be able to pull information due to your death. Again, they will try to use these to their advantage, but this makes it a gamble on their part and not a for sure thing.

Every note was unsigned, but it wouldn't take a "genius" to figure it out.

As dawn approached, Meta collapsed onto his bed. He had multiple samples he still needed to analyze that he had picked up during his search of Cyrus' body, but they would have to wait. 

Before he passed out, he thought to himself; Did they really think that I would tell them everything I had found right there in the open? The murderers were likely amongst those that had gathered. After all, the killer is likely to frequent the crime scene. 

With that, he let the sweet release of sleep overtake him.

So When Does the Night end? And Meta, You Get a Shiny Green Upvote for that.

Figured it Out. 5 hours about till the the Game starts in Ernest.

@Peng, Since it started at night, do the Spiked get to kill one of us, or is Cyrus their kill for the Night?

Edited by The Only Joe

Sorry for being late to the game, i didn't do anything but eat and read, work and read, drive to work, and sleep since WoR came out. finished it last night.

Raubber slowly walked to the scene in front of him, the dead never go anywhere, so why rush? he thought, reaching the back of the crowd. "move aside please," he said in his slow, morose tone. "I need to measure the body and get his grave ready. hopefully my shovel doesn't break, it's not good to leave a dead body around. It could spread disease. It is probably spreading disease right now and more of us are going to die from sickness." with that, raubber pulls out his measuring device and starts his work. whispering to himself "the end comes to us all, dear friend. the end always comes."

Day 1:

Dyrii was worried. Cyrus was the only real form of leader these people had. What would these youngsters do without order? Revolt, probably. There was only one thing to do. Seek everybody. If he could find the killers, he might be able to restore some semblance of order. He wondered out in the mists, burning bronze and thinking. He heard something and tensed, spinning around to see a mistwraith making its way along the street. He relaxed. “I’m getting far too jumpy” he muttered to himself “there’s nothing to be afraid of.” That’s exactly when the cudgel snapped down on his head

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone seemed confused over what happened. Cyrus had been part of the village for forever and now he was dead.  To make matters more confusing, messages had appeared during the night. Scratched on to three sides of Cyrus’s hovel were three separate messages:

alethiketek_zps8202b6ca.pngShort and simple, I know. And it's not quite perfect, either. Seriously, though? Trust? In a game like this? The person writing this must be Smoking. But that's impossible, as ze's the Tineye.

And:

Hello. I am your Mistborn. That, of course, means that I won't be able to communicate with you until eight cycles from now. I accept that.

Be vigilant. Be careful.

I am here.

And:

I must go out in the mists again, to the .swirling .mists go I,

And all I ask is to glimps.e the stars as the ash falls through the sky,

To taste the chill air and hear the wind's song and see the .lantern .lights glowing,

And feel the wet cobbles beneath my feet, as .through the mists I'm roaming.

I must go out in t.he mist again, for the call of the misty tide,

Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be d.enied;

And all I ask is a calm night, while conspirators convene,

An.d the fallen ash lies unbroken, not a footprint to be seen.

I must go out in the mist again, to my lon.ely mist-wrapped vigil,

.As the red sun dips, the voices fade and the light begins to dwindle;

For the night is dark and full of .terrors, far too many to list,

As night falls, my watc.h begins, under cover of the mist.

Let the games begin!

And may the odds be ever in your favor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1 begins now, but will only last about 32 hours, (barring extension requests)

Dryrii was a Seeker

Edited by jasonpenguin

Lents shifts his weight, gazing through the mists as best he can. Suddenly, the thatch under his feet collapses. He tumbles down into a hovel, clipping a support beam with an armoured leg before knocking his head on the ground.

For a moment, everything is dark.

Then he looks up. The metal weathervane he had been hiding against is leaning dangerously.

With a crack, the support beam he had clipped breaks.

The last thing Lents sees is a metal rooster, plunging like a scruffy, flat angel of Death towards his face.

Poor Lents.

In other news, I'm going to have to drop out of the game. Perhaps I should have planned for this China trip :P

Wow. They really got the Seeker on their first night?

Has anybody told anyone else their roles yet? Or was that just the luckiest shot the Spiked could make?

Also, looks like we have two tineyes.

Oh, and Lent dropping out will really suck if he's a villager also. I think we'll need every advantage we can get this game...

Edit: Just for fairness, if Lents did happen to be a Misting, if he legit has to drop out of the game, maybe have a regular 'snap' and gain his power? Just so the teams remain balanced. (But if Lents was a spiked, then just leave it as is.) :P

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Vizzini was amazed by the recent events. He had stayed locked in his house all yesterday but was surprised by the violence he had found. A seeker dead in the first night? Why was it that they never seemed to last a week? Vizzini was glad he wasn't a seeker, he might survive.

Edited by the Gleeman

Wow. They really got the Seeker on their first night?

Has anybody told anyone else their roles yet? Or was that just the luckiest shot the Spiked could make?

Also, looks like we have two tineyes.

Oh, and Lent dropping out will really suck if he's a villager also. I think we'll need every advantage we can get this game...

Edit: Just for fairness, if Lents did happen to be a Misting, if he legit has to drop out of the game, maybe have a regular 'snap' and gain his power? Just so the teams remain balanced. (But if Lents was a spiked, then just leave it as is.) :P

The Spiked probably knew that Dyrii was the Seeker, otherwise they would've targeted Meta instead, or me, because I'm a lead-misting. and lead-mistings are scientifically proven to be the most powerful mistings of all mistings. In fact, one of my past lives did a study on it... 

Anyway, does this mean that there are already PM groups? I thought we would've learnt from the first game that that is (for the most part) a bad idea. That and nobody ever invites me to their birthday parties -- I mean PM groups.

I hope that Peng will give Lent's role (if he has one) to someone else, since he's dropping out. Of-course I'm not saying that he should give it to me, I mean, I'm already a lead-misting after all.