[OB] Funny moments in Oathbringer

redgarlic68

On 11/15/2017 at 0:51 PM, Wittiest man alive said:

Probably my favorite was the description of all of the newly changed parshmens behaviors. Especially the Azish who decided to formally lodge a formal complaint as opposed to outright war. 

Loved that too. even though I kind of expected it, it was still hilarious. 

On 11/19/2017 at 7:57 PM, signspace13 said:

To Me one of the funniest moments is When the Stormfather gets genuinely angry at the Night Watcher/Cultivation for what she did in making Lift, he seems Mad that she isn't restricted by the storms and the "She goes to Far!" line had me laughing, as well as Dalinar's downright confusion as too why his spren was suddenly sulking.

That entire exchange makes me ship the Stormfather and Night watcher.

2 hours ago, Alfa said:

I'm not only getting out, I'm running out.

No.

“The evil force that rules the palace did not think highly of someone coming with a letter from the king.” She smiled at him. “You could say, um, it made that point quite clear.” Smile. I need you to smile. I need what happened to be all right. Something that can simply roll off me. Please. “Well…” Kaladin said. “I’m glad we … took a stab at this anyway.”

Sanderson, Brandon. Oathbringer: Book Three of the Stormlight Archive (p. 636). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition. 

R.I.P. Shalladin.. 

Bridge Four:

“Yeah,” Lopen added. “Drehy likes other guys. That’s like … he wants to be even less around women than the rest of us. It’s the opposite of feminine. He is, you could say, extra manly.”

“See, Brightness?” Leyten said. “New recruits might get bored by guard duty, but you’ll never find a veteran complaining about a nice quiet afternoon full of not being stabbed.”

Lift:

It didn’t have any Stormlight, which was good, since one that big would have been bright. Like, redder and brighter than Gawx’s face when Lift told him about how babies was made. He should know stuff like that already. He’d been a starvin’ thief! Hadn’t he known any whores or anything?

Wyndle—who she knew by now was almost certainly not a Voidbringer

(Finally!)

Nightblood:

“And what is evil, sword-nimi?”

I’m sure you can spot it. You seem smart. If increasingly kind of boring.

Also everything Pattern says, I think all of those have already been posted though :P

Edited by Cowmanthethird
I accidentally made one of those quote boxes a spoiler box instead.

Been said before, but i like the whole sequence in Chapter 13:

“Oh!” Pattern said suddenly, bursting up from the bowl to hover in the air. “You were talking about mating! I’m to make sure you don’t accidentally mate, as mating is forbidden by human society until you have first performed appropriate rituals! Yes, yes. Mmmm. Dictates of custom require following certain patterns before you copulate. I’ve been studying this!”

“Oh, Stormfather,” Shallan said, covering her eyes with her freehand. A few shamespren even peeked in for a glimpse before vanishing. Twice in one week.

“Very well, you two,” Pattern said. “No mating. NO MATING.” He hummed to himself, as if pleased, then sank down onto a plate.

He leaned down. His breath smelled of spices, his uniform of the crisp, clean starch Dalinar required. His lips touched hers, and her heart fluttered. So warm.

“No mating!”

She started, pulling out of the kiss to find Pattern hovering beside them, pulsing quickly through shapes.

• 2 weeks later...

The scene on the wall when the hole is letting in the troops. Adolin is giving orders about what everyone needs to do to prevent this. Suddenly there is a big noise and Jasnah completely repairs the wall in one swoop of her hand.

Adolin looks at the wall, then "OK, new plan".