[OB] Funny moments in Oathbringer

redgarlic68

- NO MATING!

- Adolin's safehouse in Kholinar being... his tailor. 

- "Monstrous terrors from the mythological past, enemies of all that was right and good. Destroyers who had laid waste to civilization countless times. They were playing cards"

- Every time Kaladin accepts a challenge just for his Stormlight to run off is funny to me for some reason. 

- Shallan's conversation with Hoid. 

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] Funny moments in Oathbringer
6 minutes ago, Ryshadium said:

Sigzil wanting an official document about Drehy and Dru was hilarious. As was Kaladin’s eye roll about it all not being a big deal. 

I loved how it [their relationship] was barely more than an offhand mention, nothing that required pages of discussion one way or the other.

Edited by Leyrann
clarity

8 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

I loved how it [their relationship] was barely more than an offhand mention, nothing that required pages of discussion one way or the other.

And how the entire Bridge Four crew rallied to Drehy's defense, but Kaladin's line about calling Renarin "feminine" killed me.

"Drehy, you are literally courting a man."

The essays submitted to the Azish on why they should join the war was brilliant.

Lopen teaching his spren obscene gestures- nope wrong finger...no that's your foot.

Lift just wandering into Odium's FEAR ME I AM ALL POWERFUL magic skype session with Dalinar.

Shallan thinking that all she did was grope an eldritch spren.

That scene in Kholinar where Kaladin wait for Shallan near the palace and she came to him and asked what did he think about her boots just cracked me up for some reason. She is going to use that theme always isn't she?

Edited by Harbour

18 hours ago, Ryshadium said:

And then Bridge Four giving her boots as a wedding present :lol:

It just occurred to me that in their initial interaction, she was posing specifically as a horneater going to a Wedding. The boots running joke had been going on so long I forgot about the original context.

I liked Syl’s endeavoring to be captured in Shadesmar:

Ancient Daughter?

“You’d better catch me before I scamper away! Wow! I’m feeling capricious today. I might just vanish again, off to where nobody can find me!” 

I laughed out loud. Literally.

I think you did a great job, Szeth, the sword said from Szeth's hand as they rose above Thaylen City. You didn't destroy many of them, yes, but you just need some more practice!

Shortly after he single handedly apparently exceeded the death counts of Rambo parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the span of a few minutes.

9 hours ago, aemetha said:

Shortly after he single handedly apparently exceeded the death counts of Rambo parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the span of a few minutes.

Ohhh yes, that was awesome. Best part is those Voidbringers he killed with Nightblood are permanently dead. IOU an upvote when they refresh.

Edited by WhiteLeeopard
IOU paid :P

On 11/15/2017 at 3:44 PM, Seerow said:

The defense of "that makes him manlier than any of us" had me rolling.

I stopped reading and went in to tell my wife about this because I was laughing so hard.

Thanks everyone for posting all of these! There were so many funny moments it is hard to keep track of them, reading your favorites is bringing them all back.

If I had to pick one it would be Lopen's face stuck to the plateau, promising the earth he wouldn't leave her...It went on for several pages, which just made it funnier. Kaladin didn't bother to tell him how to get unstuck...

Lopen saying the 2nd Ideal and going to Kaladin to get congratulated. For Kaladin to say, nice work, you are now second in command, gotta go.

Dalinar giving out instructions on the defense of Thaylen city to all his KR to end with, any questions? Lift: yeah, where is some food? 

Adolin running to defend Jasnah during the assault. Only to see her turn enemies to air with a snap of her fingers. So he turned around, Alrighty, cousin is just fine, lets find someone I can actually help.