[OB] Taln is my man

Steeldancer

I already had to suffer angst during the Tor chapters thinking that Dalinar might forget Navani because he married her, but I refuse to deal in this Taln is Odium-ish angst. Taln is amazing and selfless and strong and he was so happy that humanity had been able to come so far.

Edited by Nashan'Elin

13 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I already said this on the discord, but I will fight you for Taln. 

Taln would tell you both to stop letting Odium drive you :rolleyes:

My first impression when he was happy for humanity was sadness. Thinking humanity did not deserve him. He was happy he was tortured for 4500 years so humanity came so far maybe now they have a chance to finally win. My first thought was...I'm not sure I want you to see where humanity is. Yes they have come very far. But. Alethkar is full of people just half a shade away from Odium. Iri and Rira are already united with Odium. T is already throwing Jah Keved and all his scholars and schemers into Odium's service. Things are so grim, when after the amazing sacrifice Taln did they should have been more ready than ever to win :(. Really gave an impression of been a superior being in comparison to the pettiness and cowardice all around.

Edited by WhiteLeeopard

I am not convinced he even failed to be honest. Doesnt the spren that is talking to / guiding Venli (its name is Umli i think?) say it escaped. I think that implies it got through despite Taln holding  and that he says he thinks he is late (in WoK) when arrives at Kholinar because he didnt think she should be here. He had the words (he thinks something about them never having been his before) so he must assume he has been broken but I'm not completely convinced that he actually did. What if the spren found away around the weakening Oathpact? That seems at least as likely as him failing. And that only makes him even more awesome.

• Chaos locked this topic