General Open Role-Play

GeneralHZRD

I wish! I found the images online. Raisa owns a confectioner’s shop, and is a chocolatier and sugar artist. So this is her real job, when she’s not hanging with world hoppers.

”This one,” she pointed at Pastry covered in swirls of chocolate and a sugar glass flower, “is chocolate chip. The chocolate is a specialty blend, and far better than you will find in shops. The cookie surrounds a soft, creamy truffle.”

Despite the mask, one could sense her irritation. “And it is perfectly fresh. They are made anew each day. Most are done on request. These were made for you.

”This my living Eighth. I would not sacrifice quality simply to show off. I am an artist; you will not find anything like these elsewhere. Anyone can make a cookie; it takes a master to transform it into art. These are unique.

”They are also safe to eat. I hope you all enjoy.”

Eighth looked at Raisa, "I meant no disrespect, and I'm sure that they taste fantastic. I was merely saying that there is some comfort to the familiar. Just because one has slept in the most comfortable bed in the world, does not mean one wouldn't prefer one's own."

Eighth turned to Louik, "considering what I know about Rend, It does not seem overly surprising." he said with a smile.

"ANYONE CAN MAKE A COOKIE?!" Louik shouts as his face darkens with anger, "That is heresy of the highest degree! Sure any one can throw eggs, flour, sugar, and butter into an oven and call it a cookie, but these cookies that I hold are not regular cookies. Very, very few people have what it takes to bake a cookie with such exquisite taste and beauty that it permanently alters your spirit web after eating it! And that's before we add in the hemalurgic spikes! This recipe comes from the Dark alley themselves, our bakers were Perfecting the art of Bakery for eons! Our founding bakers served their goods to Adonalsium himself! What could you have accomplish in your lifetime that is even comparable to the Years of Labor poured into these heavenly concoctions?"

“Art and innovation. Also uniqueness.”

Btw, as a chocolate lover, there is no comparison between well made artisan chocolate and the mass produced stuff. Except mass produced is cheaper and more easily accessible. Put another way: Hershey’s is cheaper than Godiva - but Godiva tastes better. (Godiva is probably the most accessible source of specialty chocolate. (And I mean their actual store locations; not the bags of truffles I can find at some stores.) There are almost certainly better ones, but harder to get to.)

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

Of course well made artisan chocolate is better then most things mass produced (I say sometimes because there are a few types produced that im not sure if they are mass produced or if they are artisan, but I would say are better), as a fellow chocolate lover I completely agree. Louik doesn't see how anything can be better then the DA's cookies. Each of which was painstakingly hand crafted in the alleys to a standard that gods were jealous of. 

"Uniqueness? Bah! Its impossible be better than perfection. Over the years, we tried every single method for making a chocolate chip cookie possible. We arrived at the conclusion that this is the best possible way to make a chocolate chip cookie and still have it count as a cookie. Each of these cookies I hand baked last night, putting hours and hours of labor into bringing them into up to the standard of perfection."

Edited by Ookla the Capricious

“Yet they remain unsafe to eat, which rather defeats the purpose. Mine can be enjoyed by all.

”This one is for you.” Raisa pointed to decorated with deep red swirls of sugar glass surrounding a molding chocolate spike. “This one is red velvet, with a raspberry ganache in the center, to honor your chosen profession. The coating is dark, semi-sweet chocolate.

”Please enjoy.”

"Mmmm... These are good, I would like to apologize for any comments that I may have made. Though I would like to note that only about half the cookies we make are for spiking people, the other half are perfectly fine to consume. If you would like one, try one from this plate from this side," Louik points to one side of the plate, "I realized that the heavier side of the plate is the one with all of the metal spikes in it. Yeah those are good cookies. If the DA was still around this is when I would invite you to join our non-hemalurgy baking division,"

Grinning, Louik states, "There is a person in there who has a special ability that I need, Also they want to talk to him or something. So we go in, they talk, I get my power, and he dies a painful death after having parts of his soul removed, Rend can do all the bloody work, you guys can leave for that part."

hahahaha

"No Swing, That's not what that means" Harthan said rather suddenly, staring at some point in the air. "It's a sign of agreement you crazy Spren" He glances over at the others, "Sorry, My spren is acting up" Harthan of course, missed the last thing that Louik said.

Edited by Benjamin_Stormblessed

Eighth glanced over a Louik, "Fake? I thought that was your natural state." he said grinning.

Edit: Are we supposed to be in present tense or past tense? I've been using past because it feels more natural to me, but most of you are using present.

Edited by Ookla The Idiot

11 minutes ago, Ookla The Idiot said:

Edit: Are we supposed to be in present tense or past tense? I've been using past because it feels more natural to me, but most of you are using present.

I'm not sure. Either way works. It doesn't really matter for conveying what's happening. But if you want to set a certain tense as the rule for this RP, that's fine.