General Open Role-Play

GeneralHZRD

Rend’s Pastry was angel food cake, light and airy. It was covered in a white chocolate shell, that had been dyed different colors, swirling upwards toward a tight, rainbow spiral of translucent sugar glass. At the center of the food cake is a molten chocolate center, rich and luscious, with just the slightest hint of heat (there is just a touch of Chile pepper in there.)

Basically, it’s a pastry version of Breath.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

I would also like to join. I assume we're using the assumed free-form roleplay rules? (No god-modding, etc.,)

My primary character is a Lurcher Savant named Seftibournes who somehow is able to Worldhop without using known perpendicularities. He uses this method sparingly, however, and some suspect that it involves a magical device with a limited fuel source. He has a Hemalurgic aluminum earring, granting nicrosil Allomancy, though that part is not common knowledge. He has gathered a fair amount of BioChromatic Breath, though he is not quite to the First Heightening.

He studies Realmatic Theory (especially Worldhopping) at the Silverlight Universities.

Seftibournes sat in his study, looking over some of Khriss' essays. He was beginning to realize that the Darksider was a genius.

At the back of his desk, against the wall, sat an odd device; beautifully crafted from wire that looked like gold (though he was fairly sure it wasn't, as gold was very heavy and this Ironline was thin), it held a large Heliodor, which was flashing at present.

Someone just Worldhopped to Scadrial, he thought. It wasn't someone he knew, or the device - his contact on Roshar had called it a Fabrial - wouldn't have alerted him. It was either someone he was watching or someone he hadn't met. Either way, it could be urgent, so he had to go the quick way, even if it was expensive. 

He pulled a coin from his pocket - a special one inspired by the Southern Scadriens, though it's purpose was quite different - and started the Process. He burned his metals and saw the coin start glowing white.

Ironlines exploded from him, things that normally even he couldn't see, despite his Allomantic strength. He saw several in particular that were somehow warped, as if someone had twisted them around themselves, and he Pulled on them. A moment later he was in the dark corner of an abandoned building. In the center of the room were several people, many of whom had stopped talking and were looking around in confusion. Sef knew that knew from experience that they would have suddenly started seeing Ironlines as he arrived, which was usually quite confusing and disorienting the first time.

"Sorry to interrupt," Sef said, stepping out into the middle of the room. "Please identify yourselves."

He realized, too late, that these were all Scadriens, who knew nothing of Worldhopping. Oops. He his watch - a smaller version of the Fabrial on his desk - and his fears were confirmed. There was no Perpendicular Remnant. Rusts.

"Oh," he said, realizing his mistake. How did that happen? He wondered. He walked out of the room, cursing under his breath. The Ironlines should have put him right where he needed to be. Had something pulled him off course?

He pulled out a vial of iron and nicrosil and downed it's contents. He heard a commotion outside - like a door being knocked down - and ran there, where the door of the house across the street sat midway between houses.

He walked across the street to the doorless building, iron Burning in his stomach to alert him of motion.

Edited by Sazedezas
New info.

Realizing that this new man just appeared in the middle of them with a dramatic entrance was trying to disorient them and make them give him  information, he did the only logical thing.

"Welcome to Scadrial, How may I help you? Do you want a Cookie?" Louik smiled as he offered his plate of untouched cookies to the new stranger, completely ignoring the man crumpled in the staircase. 

Edited by Ookla the Capricious

What if he Flares iron and sees faint lines pointing at the cookies, then grabs the one that has no lines and doesn't seem any heavier than normal, which will either be metal free or hold aluminum or duralumin, whether Hemalurgic or not?

EDIT: Sef weighed the possibilities. Are they poisoned? Drugged?

Ignoring the cookies until he figured it out, Sef looked around the room. He noticed red near the stairs and looked that way.

It was a woman's hair - still attached - and the woman wore one of those silly religious dresses from Roshar - he seemed to remember the word "havah."  Everything just got way more dangerous, he realized. No matter what was traditional of women on Roshar, this one was a Worldhopper, so he couldn't make assumptions: she could have a Shardblade. He wouldn't be able to tell if she did, for it would remain nonexistent until she needed it, and he couldn't see one with Ironsight, because they were so heavily Invested. Something about her face kept caused his eyes to linger on her for a moment or two longer than he had intended. Either she was familiar, or attractive. Some days he wasn't sure how different parts of his brain thought of things

Edited by Sazedezas
New info.

Looking hurt Louik pulls the plate back and starts eating a cookie, "So why are you here?" He mumble with crumbs falling out of his mouth. 

Edit: yes some of the cookies are hemalurgic, however most don't contain normal allomatic medals due to the fact that they were designed for subduing the bloodmaker that we came here to meet.

Sef walks over and grabs one of the cookies off the plate, Faring iron. No metal in it unless it was Hemalurgic aluminum. He couldn't see any reason to spike a fellow through a cookie, and aluminum Hemalurgy couldn't do him much harm - even if it was painful.

"Actually," he replied, taking a careful bite of his cookie, "I was about to ask you something similar. I'm actually native to this Rusting planet, but what are all of them doing here?"

EDIT: Ah. Interesting.

Edited by Sazedezas
didn't want to double post.

Louik grins, "Well, is actuality an interesting story, I was talking with a guy when I realized that he knew a guy who had been around the block a few times, in the process gained something that I absolutely had to have. I told my friend to talk to this guy so I could get it. We decided to exchange information for the item in the place where I sold my first cookie. My friend showed up late, the other guy came in on time but brought someone else. Somehow a third person got wind of this and came for more information and then the final guy, well I'm not sure about what happened with him. We ended up trying to exorcise him."