General Open Role-Play

GeneralHZRD

Hi all, so I've been looking through the Role-Playing board and couldn't find a topic where we can role-play just for fun, with no real goal or reason. I think it could be fun to have somewhere where we can role-play to our hearts content and just see where it ends up. :) Anyone can join, the only rule is that all in world text, weather describing your actions or spoken words, must be in colored text. Also, try not to give your character god like powers. :) I can't wait to see where this goes!

I'll start it off... My character is named Eighth of Midnight, born on the world First of the Sun. He is a world hopper with a single brown and red Aviar named Sift. Sift gives Midnight the ability to know a brief history of any object he touches.

As night fell a lone figure shoved the doors open to a large building. Inside lay a large banquet hall, quiet and empty except for the dusty broken tables strewn all over. "What do you think Sift?" Midnight looked around the room, "it looks abandoned." The bird on Midnight's shoulder chirped as if excited, he always got excited by old things. "They said they'd be here." Midnight did not like waiting.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll join in, My Character is going to be an hemalurgist. Who at the moment has four spikes, but is trying to gain more. There are 3 spikes visible. The spike types are brass, duraluminum, and pewter. The fourth is seen from a bulge from in his rib cage. His name is Louik. His last name isn't known. @Ookla The Idiot, should I tell what powers my spikes give me? I picked the powers using a random number generator, so nothing too OP. Also, what time period are we, and world.

"Hello," A cloaked figure said from the end of the corner, "I apologize about my compatriots not showing up, They were. . . Occupied," He finished grinning. He walks slowly closer and asks "Do you have the goods?"

Edited by Ookla the Capricious

I don’t mind joining. I can’t seem to

change the colors though... I’m bolding instead. And it’s at least era 2 as my character is a South Scadrian. Her name is Raisa and she has a four metal medallion. It’s currently hidden.

Did you think him foolish enough to invite but one party? If he can pay I will be an ally.’ Raisa spoke calmly as she entered the room.

Her bangles jingled as she walked toward Eighth. ‘You have the information I requested?’

My character is an awakener from a Nalthis. He is called Rend. He is a power hungry man, with enough breaths to be sixth hightening, and searching for a way to reach higher hightenings and more power in general. He learned how to worldhop by accident but 

A man runs in, out of breath, but grinning.

"Sorry I am late Louik, I ran into some trouble on the way here." Rend says between strained breaths, "I got the package though." (points to leather bag hanging on side).

Edited by Ookla the Elephant

Eighth looked over at Riasa "You're early, I was hoping to get this over with before you got here. The information you seek was going to be given to me by this gentlemen." Eighth said gesturing toward Louik, "In exchange for a certain... item." Eighth tossed Rend a small bag of coins, "As promised, payment for the delivery of this sensitive cargo."

My character is a red-head Knight Radiant - a Lightweaver - named Carola Davar. She hasn't said many oaths yet, but that is mainly because she has been very interested (some would say invested) in discovering more about this "Cosmere". She only learned world hopping recently - mainly on accident, as she had been trying to find out more about Horneaters.

Carola strides into the room, bag slung over her shoulder, "I heard there is some information trading happening over here?"

13 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I don’t mind joining. I can’t seem to change the colors though... I’m bolding instead.

If you want to change colors but can't access the palette, you can use [*color=blue] Text here. [*/color] for it.  Just remove the * and it will work.  If you want a different color then just change blue to whichever you want.  Red, green, yellow, cyan, purple .....

How’d Carola get her Spren off world? BTW, my character’s name is Raisa and she’s trying to track the Sovereign. 

I tried the color command, but it just vanishes and the color doesn’t change.

”I thought you might be given some trouble. I do not trust that one.” She inclined her head toward Louik. “I will wait until you are done, and keep watch.”

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

Louik waves rend forward reaching into the leather back while simultaneously reaching inside of his cloak. He pulls a book out of the bag and a key from his coat., "Everything you need to know is in this book, there are certain... beings, that I don't want to have this information. Please refrain from reading it allowed." He states as he hands a locked book of engraved metal plates to eighth. "Here is the key. Now, the item?" 

Edited by Ookla the Capricious

Eighth takes the book from Louik, then walks over and retrieves the bag from Rend, "We have an understanding then. This is not to be used for personal gain, the power it holds is too great and could destroy you in minuets. I hope you know what you are doing Louik."

Quick question, where are we in a time line, is it before or after mistborn era 1? Mistborn spoilers:

Spoiler

After harmony ascends, there is no more atium. That could make a huge difference for my character.

"You can trust me. I may be self centered, but I'm not stupid. However, I cannot guarantee that this power may be used to destroy someone else in minutes."

Like Ookla the Elephant said, the timeline will just shift and change as need be. We have a very fluid timeline here.

Eighth smiled grimly, "sadly that is usually the case." Eighth turned to the figure in the darkest corner of the room, "You can come out now."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Before we proceed, can we please make sure that the rest of this room is empty? I'm concerned that one of the current residents of the house may have gotten onto this room with all of these other people coming in." Louik announces, seeming genuinely concerned and a slightly bit miffed that someone had been in a darker corner then he had.