Brandon Reads From Skyward (Mystery Project)

Chaos

Did you know 17th Shard has a YouTube channel? It's true; we've had it for eons and did very little with it. But lo, there will be more video content.

This I didn't expect, though, to actually get a reading from Brandon Sanderson from the Oathbringer Release Party. He revealed that the Mystery Project is in fact Skyward, and read from its prologue today. 

Brandon asked that if you are going to see him on his tour to not watch this, so you can experience it live. Please respect his wishes!

Just now, Chaos said:

People at the release (I wasn't there) say there was no announcement on the subject. 

I doubt it's Cosmere, based on the reading itself. But Chaos is right, Brandon didn't specify.

Also, I just want to say that the whole signing and reading and everything was incredible.

31 minutes ago, Jorherbst10 said:

So, I searched Skyward on Brandon's site and found that it was mentioned on State of the Sanderson 2013. At the time, he stated that it was a YA Cosmere novel. Maybe that changed.

We reported this yesterday :D http://www.17thshard.com/news/brandon-news/the-mystery-project-is-likely-skyward-white-sand-vol-2-likely-february-r355/

19 minutes ago, SilverTiger said:

Is there a transcription floating around anywhere? I would love to read it.

Not yet, if there is, I'll let you know. At least the audio is listenable. 

• Chaos locked this topic