2017-11-14 [Oathbringer] Mysterious Galaxy - San Diego, CA

Salkara

6 minutes ago, Fourth Of The Night said:
11 minutes ago, Salkara said:

145. Already picked up my copy. Not sure how early you plan on getting there, but they said they'll be closing the inside off when they reach max capacity (300 people). Wife and I are planning on getting there around 4:30.

Whoa, really? Even if you have a number? I didn't expect to need to get there so early, I get off work at 3 and have to drive down there from Long Beach.

Sorry, should've been more clear. They have a max capacity in the store of 300. They're only allowing that many in for the reading and Q&A, but they'll have speakers set up outside so everyone can hear it. After the reading and Q&A, they'll send everyone outside, and then do the signing portion about 100 people at a time by ticket number.

Edit: Moved this to the SD event thread to avoid cluttering the other thread more than we already have.

Edited by Salkara

Just now, Salkara said:

Sorry, should've been more clear. They have a max capacity in the store of 300. They're only allowing that many in for the reading and Q&A, but they'll have speakers set up outside so everyone can hear it. After the reading and Q&A, they'll send everyone outside, and then do the signing portion about 100 people at a time by ticket number.

Ahhh, that makes sense. Well, we'll see how it looks by the time we get there.

I'm trying to upload audio now. Hopefully it'll work!

Edit: I've uploaded it, I thought, but there's no "finalize" button on the page where you upload, and it hasn't shown up on the event page yet. Maybe it's waiting for approval? No idea how it works. This is obviously a first time for me...

Edited by jdilts

Are all of the audios from this weeks event going to appear on the Arcanum?  Living vicariously through those of you who can make it to these events, and reading/hearing the questions and answers is one of my joys.

Super excited to have Arcanum as a resource!

34 minutes ago, Stark said:

Are all of the audios from this weeks event going to appear on the Arcanum?  Living vicariously through those of you who can make it to these events, and reading/hearing the questions and answers is one of my joys.

Super excited to have Arcanum as a resource!

Everything that is recorded uploaded will make it online as quickly as we can manage. We have the audio from this event, and we'll be working on getting it out as soon. (As we all finished reading the book first!)

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, WeiryWriter said:

Check out this event in Arcanum, though keep in mind it is still in-progress: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/172-oathbringer-san-diego-signing/

Heads up, everyone, the audio for this one wasn't ideal, so you'll see a higher than usual number of unclear bits and incomplete transcriptions. If you can hear something that we haven't been able to, feel free to submit it in the designated thread (or, if you are reading this when we have opened user suggestions directly in Arcanum, there):