[OB] TOMORROW!!!!!

bdoble97

@Pammie Stay away from the Oathbringer spoiler board and from the cosmere discussion board. Just. Stay away. Other parts of the forum should be safe. 

Also, I will be rushing home from work tmmrw to grab the book as soon as possible - it should have been delivered. From there I will spend every practical moment reading it. 

For this will be my life now. 

Sadly, I can’t do what I used to do (devour the whole book in a day and a half by reading through all my classes. Now I have work. C’est la vie.)

6 minutes ago, The Invested Beard said:

Wait...so...if I just set my system time and date to the 14th...would that trick Amazon into thinking I was in the time zone where it should have been released?

It's possible, but not likely. Most likely, Amazon has a single UTC time when the ebook is made available worldwide, and that would be determined server-side.

If they do have different ebook release times based upon location, you'll probably need to spoof your location as well.

Well mine still has to ship and arrive so, yeah.......

Imma miss the first round of discussions as I will need to avoid the shard so as to avoid spoilers...nevertheless, I shall return!

If I'm here tomorrow, I stumbled upon some money and bought the EBook version as well (unlikely unfortunately).

Just now, Salkara said:

It's possible, but not likely. Most likely, Amazon has a single UTC time when the ebook is made available worldwide, and that would be determined server-side.

If they do have different ebook release times based upon location, you'll probably need to spoof your location as well.

Well, if were able to do such a thing...and if I were planning on doing such a thing...I would most certainly not confirm it in a public setting like this. Nope. Not something I'm planning on trying.

38 minutes ago, gerareg said:

Yeah, I also got one from Weller's and I'm all the way here in the Philippines.

Okay, you win.

I know I'll eventually get the ebook, but not at release.  I am not overly fond of paying three times for the same item, and between shipping and the donation to ask a question, ebook will be next yearish, once it has had a chance to come down in price.  Enjoy!

11 minutes ago, Erunion said:

@Pammie Stay away from the Oathbringer spoiler board and from the cosmere discussion board. Just. Stay away. Other parts of the forum should be safe. 

Also, I will be rushing home from work tmmrw to grab the book as soon as possible - it should have been delivered. From there I will spend every practical moment reading it. 

For this will be my life now. 

Sadly, I can’t do what I used to do (devour the whole book in a day and a half by reading through all my classes. Now I have work. C’est la vie.)

I remember my senior year of college I purposely scheduled a 3 hour gap in between classes so I sould go to the library and read Wheel of Time. I was on midnight for 7 years and I used to bring books to read when I was on the desk or when it gets really snowy here in the winter I just bring the book and read but once both bring is out it's going to come with me to work everyday hahaha 

3 minutes ago, The Invested Beard said:

Well, if were able to do such a thing...and if I were planning on doing such a thing...I would most certainly not confirm it in a public setting like this. Nope. Not something I'm planning on trying.

My understanding is that location spoofing in iOS is pretty difficult (I don't do Apple, so someone else might have a better idea), and the latest versions of Android make it pretty easy to tell with location is being spoofed. Still if I thought this was something that might work, I'd probably have tried it. Amazon employs some pretty decent engineers, so I doubt something like a release time is going to be anything but a UTC timestamp.

I'm in the UK but ordered from amazon US to get the better cover + the end pages and the Brandon written blurb... I'm a purist...

So I won't have mine tomorrow. I'm hoping it will arrive on Friday or Saturday morning but there's a high chance it will be next week for me, I could get impatient and get the ebook as well so I can read this weekend, not sure, I'd rather read the physical book I enjoy it more that way.

So with people saying the amazon kindle version should release at 12am est, i am hoping the same holds true for the Nook book version. If so, then since i am in PST i will be checking my nook every 15-30 minutes from 9pm PST to 12am. If it hasn't come by 12am i am going to sleep and will repeat the process when i wake up at 6:30am until i can get the book downloaded on my Nook.

It is a slow time at work so i think i will close the door to my office and pretend i am busy with work while i will instead be furiously reading. If anyone comes in i will say i was taking my break or on my lunchtime. The difficulty is going home where i have a 3 year old. I might have to pause for a few hours until his bedtime then i will cram in more reading. The great part is i read all the early released chapters on TOR.com and will be able to start with the first set of interludes. Muhahahahaha!

Today is my brother's birthday. Should i feel bad, or feel like a bad brother, because i just want the day to end because i really want to read Oathbringer?

42 minutes ago, The Invested Beard said:

Wait...so...if I just set my system time and date to the 14th...would that trick Amazon into thinking I was in the time zone where it should have been released?

With the release of Civilization VI I know people set their location to Australia in Steam so that they would get the game early. Maybe you can do something like that with Amazon too?

Edited by Leyrann

Ladies and mentlegen! 

It's been a pleasure partying with you every week during the chapter releases! I will be returning after a couple readthroughs with a thousand new questions, and hopefully a couple of answers to old questions! I also plan on asking about 

Eleventh Metal Spoiler? 

Spoiler

My theory that gemmel stole a hemalurgically charged fork from Schezler's basement in The Eleventh Metal

At the signing on the 21st! So i'll be sure to come back with an answer to that one way or the other! 

Jouney before destination! 

55 minutes ago, Psmith9882 said:

I've spent the last 5.5 hours at work listening to I3 and reading every Oathbringer Topic on the Shard.......... I don't really feel bad, but I don't think it's actually "helping" me wait out the next 10 or so hours.....

It isn't for me. If anything it is making it worse.

8 minutes ago, The Rooster said:

My Amazon Preorder book was just delivered.  I'm at work now just watching the time tick by sweating more every second.  It's going to be a long night.

That's just not fair hahaha I went to pre-order on Amazon and my wife is like do you really need that book so I just said to myself I'll go to the bookstore in the morning of and now I wish I preordered it if it could be at my house right now maybe my wife surprise me I doubt it though