[OB] kindle vesrion availability?

djammmer

15 minutes ago, retrorocket1 said:

for some reason google books doesn't have a read link yet :(

I just noticed that while the Google Play Books app has the Read link (which doesn't work <_<), the Play Books website shows a "Cancel Pre-order" link instead. This, to put it mildly, is annoying.

I'm sorely tempted to click on that "Cancel Pre-order" link and just order somewhere else, but it doesn't seem to be available on Kindle Store either. *sigh*

Edited by skaa

18 minutes ago, retrorocket1 said:

so will 1/16th of people not get the book?!? :o

And by the looks of it, it might be the Skaa.

Thank God I followed my hunch. So, I pre-ordered Oathbringer last April on Google Play Books using a credit card that got deactivated last month. Apparently Google only charges people for pre-orders on the day of the release, so when it tried charging that old credit card last night (well, midnight), things went wrong. So that's the reason I was having problems.

Solution: Add my new credit card to the Play Store, cancel pre-order, then buy the book.

I now have Oathbringer! It even ended up being cheaper this way. :D

But storm it! If I tried this last night I would've already been half-way done by now!

Edited by skaa

18 minutes ago, skaa said:

And by the looks of it, it might be the Skaa.

Thank God I followed my hunch. So, I pre-ordered Oathbringer last April on Google Play Books using a credit card that got deactivated last month. Apparently Google only charges people for pre-orders on the day of the release, so when it tried charging that old credit card last night (well, midnight), things went wrong. So that's the reason I was having problems.

Solution: Add my new credit card to the Play Store, cancel pre-order, then buy the book.

I now have Oathbringer! It even ended up being cheaper this way. :D

But storm it! If I tried this last night I would've already been half-way done by now!

thank you that worked, i will correct a small thing though, at least for me it has nothing to do with card, Pre-order is broken

Just now, retrorocket1 said:

thank you that worked, i will correct a small thing though, at least for me it has nothing to do with card, Pre-order is broken

Interesting. Well, I guess I won't be pre-ordering any e-books from now on...