djammmer

[OB] kindle vesrion availability?

62 posts in this topic

what exact time and time zone is the kindle version available for download?  12am est?

Jealous. I live in South Africa so I'll only be able to get it at 7 am tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, Goatbringer said:

Jealous. I live in South Africa so I'll only be able to get it at 7 am tomorrow morning.

It's still the same thing. 

7 hours ago, lastofus said:

It's still the same thing. 

Not for us it isn't!:(

Though, a few times in the past when I got lucky, I happened to find that books were available to me on 12 AM here (we are 7 hours ahead of you) so I can actually read earlier:)

Fingers crossed I'm not jinxing it by telling...haha

Edited by Musica

Words of Radiance installed on my iPad at 9 pm EST the Monday before release in 2014 (versus 12 am EST) so I’ve been hoping for the same to happen tonight...

I bought a physical copy on Amazon because I couldn't make it down to the release party in Provo, but I don't think I can wait until I'm done with class and work on Tuesday.  I think I might have to get the kindle version to start ASAP!!!

Anyone know if the 12am est time might also apply to a Nook book? I feel like when WOR came out the book was available on my nook sometime later in the day then 12am est or PST.

4 hours ago, JPark317 said:

Words of Radiance installed on my iPad at 9 pm EST the Monday before release in 2014 (versus 12 am EST) so I’ve been hoping for the same to happen tonight...

*Goatbringer frantically opens up his iPad to check if this works*

It's the first time I've pre-ordered anything from british Kindle Store and I'm wondering if it's likely to come at midnight local time or same as in the american store?

I seem to remember previous releases arriving at midnight or possibly one am from Amazon uk. Can't be 100% certain though

Books will be sold at 10pm MST at BYU. That is what Brandon wanted. It’ll be the same worldwide. 

Ordered it through Amazon and it's saying Tomorrow 8pm. I have no idea what timezone that is -_-

As I thought mine just downloaded in the UK. Have fun everybody.

I don't know if this is considered underhanded or not, I often set my kindle location to the UK (I am in the US) to get books early. I got The Core almost a week a head of time. Reading Oathbringer now.

33 minutes ago, Galavantes said:

I don't know if this is considered underhanded or not, I often set my kindle location to the UK (I am in the US) to get books early. I got The Core almost a week a head of time. Reading Oathbringer now.

How did you do this??? I'm trying to figure it out because apparently kindle versions do NOT release at 10pm MST.

I’m on the east coast, and my nook preorder is NOT loading!!! Panicking, contemplating buying kindle ebook and reading on an app...

Ahhhh  it is not downloading!  I am devastated to wait three more hours! 

Yeah kindle version isn't up for me yet either... I'm in the eastern time zone, and I don't think it's gonna release until 2 AM eastern time... at least that's what it says on the preorder page for the audible audiobookIMG_1308.thumb.PNG.7d57840cfc1a5abc0aa8e1ab74804eea.PNG

Edited by Bcknight2

Boooooo

i want it so bad. No luck here yet for kindle in CST

I’m getting mine from amazon and it’s not loading!!!:angry::angry::angry: