What other Aethers could there be?

Okay, so we know there are four regular aethers, and two "god" aethers, but could there be others?

I personally thought it would be pretty cool if there was another set that works by charging things with different energies: One thermal radiation (Incendous) and the other electricity (Galvane).

What do you think? What would make cool aethers?

Edited by Sazedezas
typo

Well, Pagerunner found that Brandon continued to do Aether-related work even after Mistborn was published and he had plans for a Wind-based one; Syl was originally going to be from that work which gives another link in the chain of how the Aether concept has changed over time and influenced other works. Given this, you could probably cast most/all 'radiantspren' in Aether terms. Wyndle is probably the most obvious given the visual similarity he has with Verdant bonds.

The Aethers as we see them appear to be either end-positive or maybe end-neutral, it's kind of hard to be sure since we know so little about Ferrous and Bestarian is sort of its own thing, but Amberite and Verdant are probably end-positive. Since those two result in the creation of matter in the Physical, you could easily imagine new Aethers that create different forms of matter/energy. So creating electricity or heat wouldn't be outside the theoretical scope. I'd actually like to see some magic involving the manipulation of water at some point, so I'll imagine an Aether called something like Aqueous as a counterpart to wind.

• 4 months later...

I like these ideas and I think the similarities with wyndle will prompt Brandon to make the aethers be more of a unique system. I like that you mentioned the net result as we don't really see an end-negative unless there is something about the god aethers (very possible I am mistaken I am not so well versed as you haha) which is think is something Brandon likes to include in his magic systems. I am very curious to see how this plays out.