Ummm I just got back and I'm really confused. I've been travelling all of today and I started reading Oathbringer :)

I don't really understand half of these votes, but I'm 100% down to be involved in a tie. SO carry on.

I'm not sure how good ties are in the late game, but they make loads of sense for early lynches.

Edited by Drake Marshall

The sun set on a day of dissent in Luthadel. Darium climbed quickly up the stairs of the skaa tavern. Dressed in the ash stained clothes of a commoner, Darium knocked on the wooden door at the top of the stairs. The door swung open silently, and Darium entered. Inside, a man sat in a chair behind a desk, a display of luxury and riches few skaa possessed. The man regarded Darium silently for a few seconds, then gestured to a seat on the other side of the desk. Darium sat.

“Lord Darium, I presume?”, the man asked. Darium hesitated. He hadn’t expected the man to know his name; he had sent the message to meet with him anonymously. This man had more resources than Darium had expected.

Darium quickly recovered from this, and responded with a terse, “Yes. You are the man known as Mistwraith, correct?”

“Correct.”, the man responded with a faint smile playing on his lips. He didn’t talk like a skaa. Every syllable was clearly enunciated, without a hint of a street accent.

“Now that we have properly introduced ourselves, what is it you wished to talk to me about?”, Mistwraith said, leaning back in his chair.

Hey guys. Sorry for the inactivity all cycle. I don’t really have an excuse for that. Sorry. I don’t really have any suspicions or leads right now, because I didn’t really read the thread very closely. I guess any of the lynches sound okay to me. However, one thing stood out to me. Steeldancer said something somewhere like “Road’s posts seem fishy.” and then voted him. I guess that might not be really all that suspicious because it’s day one, but still something to look out for maybe? I don’t know. So yeah.

“I assume, Mistwraith, that you have heard of the plant called Mew fern?”

The man leaned forward curiously.

“No, I have not.”

“The Mew fern is a plant found in the Terris dominance that induces euphoria for three to four hours. I believe that the skaa in this city would be quite eager to buy such a thing. The Mew fern trade is already quite big in other cities such as Fadrex City and Urteau. If we could ship in a shipment of Mew fern from the Terris dominance and it gets big with the Skaa, then we could be rich men!”, Darim said excitedly. The two sat in silence for a couple moments. Mistwraith reclined in his chair, stroking a wispy grey beard. Then his face turned towards Darium, and said, “The Skaa Rebellion are getting riled up again over a village massacre. It could be quite risky to do this.”

“But think of the rewards if this succeeds! You could be retired after this first shipment! We’ll split it fifty percent fifty percent.

“Alright, I’ll do it.” The two men shook hands and Darium left with a smile on his face. This could be his most profitable deal ever.

Mekel Urbain intercepted Belmark on his way back to keep Entrone. Entrone raised an eyebrow. What could he want at this hour?

"Belmark Entrone?" he asked. Belmark nodded politely. "In that case I am here to inform you that you are under arrest," he explained, as a pair of hazekillers materialized from the mist on either side of Urbain.

"Arrest? But that's absurd! I've only just arri--"

Entrone's protests were cut short as he was knocked unconscious.

Belmark Entrone faced the crowd of angry nobles. They wanted his blood.

Well, most of them, anyway. Others were just doing a good job of faking.

He absentmindedly read through his death sentence as Urbain prattled on about order or some such nonsense. Finally, Entrone sensed it was time. A steel inquisitor seized him, forcing him forward towards execution. Belmark felt a vague sense of accomplishment that he had been enough of a threat to warrant one of those creatures.

"And thus, found guilty of treason, you are sentenced to death. Do you have any last words?" Urbain asked.

Entrone glanced back down at his death sentence, then back up at Urbain.

"...I see that you have made three spelling mistakes."

An obsidian axe struck the base of his neck, and he crumpled.

A hooded figure strode out, walking along the docks at Luthadel. They moved slowly, keeping to the shadows, looking for anything out of place. Not noticing anything out of place, or anything at all, really, they slowly lifted the latch of the administration building for the docks, and slipped inside. They checked the ledgers, his eyes quickly flickering over the page, scanning for anything out of place, or anything new. Not noticing anything off, they slipped off, into the night.

The Royal ball that was being held tonight was supposed to be extravagant, the talk of all of the Noble houses for the days-no! Weeks- following it. Yet it appears that there was some sort of lack of care for it, with all of the news of Skaa having infiltrated the houses, and only one person showed up, sitting in the back corner, drinking a drink quietly.

Drake Marshal (Belmark Entrone) was lynched! He was a Skaa Zinc Misting! All credit goes to Drake for the death writeup, please go give him upvotes.
(3)Asterion: Straw, Rae, Budgie
(1)Cloud: LivingLegend
(2)Road: BR, Steel
(4)Drake: Lopen, Asterion, Phatt, Alv

I am going to be nice, if your house did not send someone to the Noble Ball then you can still send someone for the rest of the cycle. Please send this to me ASAP, as only one house sent someone. This is a one time thing, please do not forget to send someone later.

If you did not receive a PM about the results of any action that you took please let me know.

Your house Foci has been declared in the Title of your house doc

Edited by DroughtBringer

okay, so the vote's turned into a bit of a mess right after I signed off. Let's see if I can make some sense of it.

[rambling]

Anyway, I find it rather interesting that Drake was a zinc misting when that was combined with the attempts to keep the vote tied up. I'm no expert, but I'd say that a zinc misting could probably mess with a tie. From a quick glance over the votes, it seemed Phattemer, Asterion, Alvron and Straw where involved in trying to keep the tie. Though trying to figure out what would happen in case of a tie is a reasonable explanation, I can't help but wonder if someone was trying to give the Zinc Skaa an opening to slip out of trouble without standing out. Then again, it would probably have been possible to get Drake out of the firing line in its entirety by focusing the vote towards Asterion and Roadwalker, so I'm not sure how much this suspicions is worth.

On to other matters, Lopen put a vote on Drake and stuck it there based on suspicions, rather than the tie dance, which makes me lean a bit more village on him. Then again, it's Drake that just got killed, and keeping the dastardly/fantastic move he pulled in MR25 in the back of my head I'm not going to rule out some advanced bussing.

[\rambling]

In conclusion, I'm leaning slightly village on Lopen, and will keep an eye on Phattemer, Asterion, Alvron and Straw.

Darquez noticed a familiar tune floating through the building, Joxter the Mighty had arrived. The arrogance of Joxter's song escaped Darquez' simple child mind. He had to meet Joxter, but how could he approach such a powerful and significant being? Darquez thought about all possible outcomes. Could Joxter really be the man the song heralded? Would Joxter meet his lofty expectations, perhaps exceed them!? What would their magnificent excursions look like: fighting evil, serving kings, the stuff of legends? Darquez paused. Why would such a man want anything to do with him. He had never been anything of importance to anyone. The only song ever sung about him resounded in his head: 

Dirty feet and smudgey face
Little orphan should know his place
Tries to play
Go away
Gets in everybody's way

Joxter The Mighty would never pay him any attention. He might as well turn back. It wasn't too late to give up, and he could save himself the embarrassment. But as the sounds of Joxter's tune continued to echo closer, Darquez knew he had to stay; Joxter was just steps away now; Darquez wanted nothing more than to turn and run, but something would not allow it. His idol meant to step by, but Darquez watched, as if a spectator, as his own hand reached out and grabbed the armor on the man's hip

@Alvron

Edited by ShaneysRus

Randuir, I don’t know what you were reading, but I ensured there wouldn’t be a tie specifically so that there’d need to be a lot of vote manipulation to make a difference. 

This is a good start, and I’d like Alv to explain more why exactly he  wanted a tie vote- to find out what would happen doesn’t feel like a true explanation. 

39 minutes ago, phattemer said:

Randuir, I don’t know what you were reading, but I ensured there wouldn’t be a tie specifically so that there’d need to be a lot of vote manipulation to make a difference. 

This is a good start, and I’d like Alv to explain more why exactly he  wanted a tie vote- to find out what would happen doesn’t feel like a true explanation. 

Agreed. Alv is cognizant enough of a player to realize that a tie vote would be very likely to be manipulated. That he pushed for it anyways seems suspicious to me

Ok, time for a planning/strategy post. First of all, noble houses don't gain as much of an advantage from killing each other as they do from killing skaa. Therefore, using your action as a kill has minimal benefit to your house, and you would be better off using it a different way. Bye the way, can anyone help me come up with a list of useful actions that each type of misting could take? Also, lynching other players at random does not help the nobles win due to the very small chance of killing the correct player. In my opinion, all players should focus on analyzing members of their own faction, thus creating a higher likelyhood of successfully identifying an Eliminator. Later in the game, we may want to consider house representatives that can communicate the suspicions of their house. Additionally, I would encourage all players to strategize and plan as much as possible. Strategizing helps your house, the nobles as a whole, and also increases activity in the game. Personally, I think that we should wait until day two to begin lynching players, as it will allow us to gather information on players. I would recommend that all non-mistings should experiment with what non-allomancers are able to do, and then report back to their faction. Additionally, I would recommend that players not reveal their role in the doc, and instead add a new player with their role being their name, and a different color. For example, if I was a steel misting, I'd put my name down as "Straw," but I would put my name down as "Steel Misting." 

Notes:

-The above post is over 200 words of strategy/RP. I will post a second strategy/RP post later this turn.

-The above post is rambling, badly formatted, and likely contains numerous grammar mistakes :P

Okay I'll look back over last cycle again sometime, but for now, off the top of my head this is what I got from it.

Phattemer was trying to get Drake lynched the whole time...I could tell this just by reading through the swapping lynches because every time Drake got an extra vote he'd switch back to Drake immediately. -definitely reading village for this because he pushed very hard on someone who ended up being an elim on Day 1

Lopen voted Drake when there were still a few other candidates out there and he did it on Day 1 which I find harder to believe an elim would do. (not impossible, just less likely and that's what I have to work from) -reading village for this rn

Alvron pushed for a tie, but it was cycle one and there wasn't much reason to suspect Drake yet. (I can see why he'd push for a tie because we need to know what will happen in one sooner rather than later because when it gets important later than we need to know) I can see Alv doing this as villager or elim so it's NAI for me.

So, for any suspicions I'll go back through and look at who was actively "trying" to keep Drake out of the lynch or pushing for a tie to go unnoticed. (people that weren't Alv because it was his idea, but it'd be easy for an elim to hide by acting like they're going along with it)

1 hour ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Alvron pushed for a tie, but it was cycle one and there wasn't much reason to suspect Drake yet. (I can see why he'd push for a tie because we need to know what will happen in one sooner rather than later because when it gets important later than we need to know) I can see Alv doing this as villager or elim so it's NAI for me.

From what I know of Alv, him trying to obtain a tie fits well with his playstyle and would be NAI. That said, I’m not confident that’s what he was actually trying to do. I doubt Alv would forget to account for vote manipulation, especially in a game we can assume would be rather heavy with it.

On thinking about this issue further, I suppose it’s possible that he was trying to protect someone other than Drake, or if he were protecting Drake it’s possible that it was because they were housemates, rather than co conspirators. I’d agree that it’s NAI overall, although my gut wants to say it’s suspicious. I’ll be keeping a closer eye on him, and plan on looking over the chain of votes more closely when I get the time

1 hour ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

-definitely reading village for this because he pushed very hard on someone who ended up being an elim on Day 1

*Ahem*

I read the opposite. I read bussing, and this is exactly the hoped-for result of bussing someone d1.

~~

Lawrence was snapped back into the night-time as the momentary chaos of the mixed up night and day righted itself with a vengeance. His head hit the wall, and he slumped down. Best as he recalled, the two hooded figures and the one and the dress had eaten his food, then conked him on the head and left him in an alley. Lying unconscious in an alley was not a good way to ensure your health.

A distant thunk of an axe, followed by the roar of a crowd greeted his ears.

Foolishness. There were things he needed to-

-- Lawrence and Arthur were running down a dark hallway, someone was chasing them. Lawrence shot a glance back at Arthur and-

-- Lawrence slumped down against the wall of an alley, blinking rapidly to clear his eyes. What had that been? He-

-- Yelling and the crash of booted feet echoed behind them. They were out of weapons and tools. Arthur gasped, holding his side, out of breath but still running. A crossbow bolt smacked against the stone wall ahead of them-

-- Lawrence could see dark figures coming for him, overlapped in both worlds. He gasped, holding his side. He could feel the pain of the cramp in his side. The figures kept coming, probably skaa, mugging a nobleman. He probably looked drunk to-

-- Someone screamed from behind. Arthur tore off his cloak, tossing behind them at knee level. A soldier cursed, and-

-- Lawrence opened his eyes, trying to dispel the overlapping images. He was lying in the ash, someone standing over him, reaching down...

~~

If anyone wants to mug me or help me, be my guest.

Edited by Roadwalker