[OB] What appeareances always occur in SA that are still incoming in OB?

WhiteLeeopard

While 2 is not enough to form a pattern, there are some things that always seem to happen in SA. Rather amazingly several of these have already happened in OB

Story told by an in-book character

1. Way of Kings: Wandersail

2. Words of Radiance: Fleet

3. Oathbringer: The Girl Who Looked Up

Ten Fools appearance 

1. Way of Kings: Cabine, He acts like a child although he is an adult

2. Words of Radiance: Eshu, He speaks of things he does not understand in front of those who do

3. Oathbringer: Dillid, He ran up a hillside toward the Tranquiline Halls with sand sliding beneath his feet—running for eternity, but never making progress.

Kaladin's otherworldy chat with the Stormfather

1. Way of Kings: When strung up by Sadeas

2. Words of Radiance: In the chasms with Shallan

3. Oathbringer: Rescuing people trying to convince SF to stop blowing

So, what other specific events seem to happen in all SA books that have not yet appeared in OB? Or that have happened already?

Edited by WhiteLeeopard

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] What appeareances always occur in SA that are still incoming in OB?
4 hours ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

Story told by an in-book character

Do we want to call it a story by an in-book character?  Or do we want to call it a Story by Hoid?  Because the second case has not happened yet in Oathbringer.  And the first two both served to help Kaladin make an important life realization...

44 minutes ago, Stark said:

Do we want to call it a story by an in-book character?  Or do we want to call it a Story by Hoid?  Because the second case has not happened yet in Oathbringer.  And the first two both served to help Kaladin make an important life realization...

I thought so at first, but then didn't he say in twitter OB story would be the Girl with the Red Scarf? So I thought we might have already gotten our story. But not certain there. And honestly, meant for Kaladin or not, I can never think of Wandersail truly meant for anything other than Szeth :P. The other points Kaladin gets from it are a bonus, but secondary for me. As for Fleet, I suspect there is a huge realization we will get from it in a later book. As the lesson from Fleet, or the realization to our characters somehow seems incomplete.

I’m looking forward to meeting new spren. Both bonded and regular spren. 

And the scientific progress in understanding spren. (Fabrials; bonding; fusing;etc)

Also I think we learn more about the gemtones listed in the Arcs Arcanum — in OB in was Emerald. WoR Garnet/Blood in think.  — but I’m not positive this is a thing. 

Edited by JoyBlu
Formatting

1 hour ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

As for Fleet, I suspect there is a huge realization we will get from it in a later book. As the lesson from Fleet, or the realization to our characters somehow seems incomplete.

I thought this came when Kaladin stopped Moash and Graves from killing Elhokar.

3 hours ago, treblkickd said:

I believe there's a WoB that we can expect another Letter correspondence epigraph sequence in OB (and presumably in each SA novel?). 

zuriel45
Out of curiosity, in the [epigraphs] will we be getting another Letter?

Brandon Sanderson
In intend for the first five to all have letters.

(source)

5 hours ago, ASMonnig said:

WoB has confirmed we will at least get Wit in the epilogue. It was the same one where he confirmed Hoid left Jasnah before she got to Urithiru.

Questioner 1
Does Wit go to-- uh... what's that one place in The Way of Kings... The one place they go to, aft... The end of the book. Uh, I can't remember it now. *someone suggests something* The city they go to at the very end.

Brandon Sanderson
Of Way of Kings?

Questioner 1
Not Way of Kings, uh...

Questioner 2
Words of Radiance.

Questioner 1
Words of Radiance, yes. Does Wit go there?

Brandon Sanderson
Radiance. Urithiru?

Questioner 1
Urithiru! Does Wit go to Urithiru?

Brandon Sanderson
By the time that a certain somebody at the end shows up there. Wit is no longer with her, and nobody knows where he went.

Questioner 3
Oh, he disappeared again! *others comment*

Brandon Sanderson
He tends to do that. What's that? So Wit has been lost. He will show up at some point in the book... But yes, he will at least have the Epilogue.

(source)

Source for those who like to see the WoBs like me. I'm loving the new Arcanum site.

I think we'll also see another Rysn interlude, and probably Szeth interludes. Maybe another Kaladin dream/vision (in WoK he dreams he is traveling with the Storm, in WoR he dreams speaking to the Stormfather right before Szeth comes). We have accounts of the night of Gavilar's assassination in all the epilogues. And in the last two books we have Kaladin speak oaths and burst into stormlight in a tense situation.

15 hours ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

While 2 is not enough to form a pattern, there are some things that always seem to happen in SA.

Discovery of a World Hopper (that we have already been introduced to) on Roshar

WoK: Wit/Hoid

WoR: Zahel/Vasher

OB: ???/Vivenna (noticed I used 3 ??? — maybe she has three letters in her Roshar name??? And maybe not)

8 hours ago, JoyBlu said:

OB: ???/Vivenna (noticed I used 3 ??? — maybe she has three letters in her Roshar name??? And maybe not)

I don't know that wit is the best example of world hopper for WoK how about the 17nth sharders?

Also a run in with axies specifically.

Kalladin brooding about tien and spiraling which displeases Syl.

15 hours ago, JoyBlu said:

Why would she have 3 letters in her Roshar name?

• Chaos locked this topic