[OB] Jasnah and the Ghostbloods

BrightVoid

I've been thinking about this a bit, and I think despite her dislike of the Ghostbloods, Shallan will keep her association secret. 

Shallan, despite what she wishes, is not a rational character. She will feel like she's betrayed Jasnah and want to tell her the truth but she won't out of fear. Fear of rejection from Jasnah. Fear for her brother's safety. Fear that she will never learn what Mraize knows about Heleran. 

As usual, rather than face her issues, she'll hold them in the separate personas. This is going to drive her further apart, with Shallan being "herself" for Jasnah. The Shallan that Jasnah knew, and embracing Veil more fully for her interactions with Mraize. 

9 hours ago, gbazz4 said:

Anyone curious to see how Shallan reacts to seeing Jasnah walk into the room? We all know Jasnah is alive because we read the epilogue to WOR. But Shallan is not aware. Anyone think she is going to think Jasnah might be an impostor? Or will she just accept it is Jasnah? If she thinks she is an impostor that could maybe effect her actions with regard to the Ghostbloods and confiding in Jasnah.

My thought is, if she was smart, she draws her patternblade and points it right at Jasnah and asks her to prove she is Jasnah by telling Shallan something only Shallan and Jasnah would know. Then after doing that I can't decide if Shallan would break down because she had been thinking Jasnah had died and was relieved she was alive or if she would throw herself at Jasnah and hug her.

Maybe Jasnah coming back will help Shallan with her identity crisis because she can share the burden of Radianthood with Jasnah. Just a thought.

Honestly, as Soon as Jasnah appear and After the first shock. Everyone will link the dots and understand that the Stormlight's Healing Shallan keeps using as "i am mostly invincible" is fairly enough to let Jasnah survive.

There is no need of something so melodrammatic as unleash the Blades, probably Jasnah has already proved her Identity or at least his Radianthood (as far as we know She maybe didn't use the Oathgates at all and instead She elsecalled here directly).

I believe Jasnah's return could break a bit Shallan's relationship with Navani. Because in the end Navani was (ridicullusy) right, Shallan made the Ship where Jasnah was lying horrible wound reach the sea's depths.... It's not a Logic accusation, but something She could actual consider at least at intimate level.

Anyway, we have now two public Elsecallers in Urithuru XD 

On 11/7/2017 at 2:27 PM, gbazz4 said:

I think it is obvious the ghostbloods are going to be watching Jasnah like a hawk chicken.

Fixed that for you.

But I agree with the Shallan-keeps-secrets-from-everybody faction. She, Radiant, and Veil are going to find themselves all alone against the world.

Maybe Jasnah coming back will help Shallan with her identity crisis because she can share the burden of Radianthood with Jasnah. Just a thought.

There are so many juicy opportunities for conflict in this! I think Shallan’s affiliation with the Ghostbloods will be part of her moving away from her wardship relationship with Jasnah. Shallan has proven herself and has a role in the KR without Jasnah, and Jasnah’s reappearance threatens that position. In the end, I imagine we will see them become peers that use the ghost blood connection to seek out hidden histories. 

On 8.11.2017 at 1:07 AM, WhiteLeeopard said:

Pfff, haven't you guys read the 103% accurate things to happen in book 3 thread? You want to know what will happen, go read it :P.

But that's horribly inaccurate! 

Lift got her shardfork in book 2.5 not book 3, and it wasn't Dalinar who told Shallan out if the blue that Kaladin killed her brother, but Adolin. 

• Chaos locked this topic