Location of Adonalsium

paperstones

Question

7 answers to this question

We do not know for sure. We know that the Dragonsteel series, the story of the Shattering, is set on Yolen (barring some twist where all the characters worldhop somewhere halfway through). But we also know Adonalsium created Roshar, so he was by no means limited to the Yolish system. So, that's a good question that we will most likely have to wait a long time to get answered.

5 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

But we also know Adonalsium created Roshar, so he was by no means limited to the Yolish system. So, that's a good question that we will most likely have to wait a long time to get answered.

This is why I'm asking actually. I wonder if the Desolations are an after effect of the Shattering.

50 minutes ago, paperstones said:

This is why I'm asking actually. I wonder if the Desolations are an after effect of the Shattering.

Pagerunner would probably be better at finding them, but I'm almost positive we have a few WoB's that confirm Odium is the architect of the Desolations. Though the Shattered Plains could be an option for the Shattering of Adonlsium, but I think it's safer bet that it's the location of Honors splintering. 

39 minutes ago, Kered said:

think it's safer bet that it's the location of Honors splintering. 

Depends on the accuracy of the Vorin teachings.

Navani held up the page. “You’re trying to overlay Stormseat with the Shattered Plains. It’s not going to work unless you have a point of reference.”
“Preferably two,” Shallan said.
“It’s been centuries since that city fell. It was destroyed during Aharietiam itself, I believe. We’re going to have trouble finding clues out here, though your list of descriptions will help.” She tapped her finger against the papers. WoR Chapter 77 "trust"

Aharietiam was the Last Desolation. Honor lived to see the Recreance, roughly two to two and a half millennia later. Additionally, I don't believe there is a similarly ruined area on Sel, where Devotion and Dominion were Splintered. I don't think it affects the physical realm in that way. Khriss' talk about Ambition seemed like it'd be something different.

46 minutes ago, Kered said:

I'm almost positive we have a few WoB's that confirm Odium is the architect of the Desolations.

Funnily enough, I actually don't think we have any that say or imply that. :)

We have WoB that there were no Desolations before humans were on Roshar, but humans there predate the Shattering, so that means nothing.

While we wait for Oathbringer I've been trying to figure out what we don't know. I think the Highstorms are straight up Adonalsium investiture or originally it was. I wonder if the Everstorm or the Desolations were the backlash from the Shattering. Honor could've used the Oathpact to hold back that "power" and Odium would highjack it to spread his influence. 

Probably wrong but I think a major curve ball is headed our way in regards to the mechanics of what is happening.

5 hours ago, paperstones said:

While we wait for Oathbringer I've been trying to figure out what we don't know. I think the Highstorms are straight up Adonalsium investiture or originally it was. I wonder if the Everstorm or the Desolations were the backlash from the Shattering. Honor could've used the Oathpact to hold back that "power" and Odium would highjack it to spread his influence. 

Probably wrong but I think a major curve ball is headed our way in regards to the mechanics of what is happening.

The Highstorms were pure Adonalsium back in the old days, but Honor messed a bit with them therefore probably now the Stormlight is not so 100&% Andy