Resonant Frequencies and the Shattered Plains

Andy92

So, on the shattering, the stormfather is older than the shattering, do you think he caused it? Do you think that the Shattering of the Plains happened when the Oaths were broken? Or did it happen before then? Is it known when it happened and does it line up with any of the Recreance events?

15 hours ago, Knghtstlker said:

So, on the shattering, the stormfather is older than the shattering, do you think he caused it? Do you think that the Shattering of the Plains happened when the Oaths were broken? Or did it happen before then? Is it known when it happened and does it line up with any of the Recreance events?

I've seen some theories that the Stormfather could have been involved. I would have to research the timeline of the plains shattering in terms of the Recreance though. I think the plains shattered before the Recreance but I would have to look to find confirmation on that one. 

He perhaps did it when he was angered. Or perhaps this has all happened before? Not everything is known in history due to the recreances and the shattering. Or if it happened during a stormlight surge, Ooh. What if the Shattering, caused them to break the Oathpact. Just going off the cuff. HAPPY OATHBRINGER DAY!

SPOILERS: First half of Oathbringer (that's as far as I am right now):

Spoiler

It looks like Stonewards can mold stone. So, I'm thinking it might be a combo of that plus another surge. I mean, we've seen two Radiants use their surges in concert to do something neither can do on their own. Maybe Dustbringer? Combine them and set them to the right frequency relative to each other?

Another thought: Windrunners can carve the wind, which reminds me of how the Stormform-Fused were able to use a common Rhythm to create the Everstorm. Makes me think that the Fused surges might be weaker imitations of the Radiant Surges, but that due to their connection via the Rhythms they can work together to increase the scale. What if one of the Forms of Power imitates the powers of a Stoneward, and that a bunch of Stoneform-Fused were able to use a Rhythm to shatter the stone around them?

The Spoilers don't touch on story points, except for a certain character discovering an ability. It's mostly about some of the stuff we discover about the Radiant and Voidbringer abilities. So read at your own risk.

Edited by Brightlord Maelstrom

• Chaos locked this topic