Pun/clue or coincidence

IndigoAjah

Everyone refers to the hypothetical metal of Harmony as Harmonium, but based on the other God Metals it would in fact be Sazedium. 

Now, Ettmetal is sometimes thought to be a candidate for this metal and has new unique Allomantic properties. It also explodes in contact with water. Much like Caesium. Sazeium in fact. Is this a deliberate joke by Sanderson or a red herring or neither?

From Reddit 

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/cstcots/?context=3

youshallnotpass

Will there be a metal called harmonium in the mistborn world?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO. But good question.

WeiryWriter

Just an fyi but you have confirmed the existence of harmonium before. (And this is probably a RAFO, but is there a reason you didn't follow the convention of the other "god metals" and call it something like sazedium? "Harmonium" just seems out of place.)

Mistborn

Sazed didn't like the sound of Sazedium.

So you're correct in how it should be, but Harmonium is right. 

Also, just to add a bit, it is confirmed that Ettmetal and Harmonium are the same thing.

ERVIEW: Dec 3rd, 2016

Little City Books-AU Tour (Paraphrased)

PAGERUNNER

*holding out list of Allomantic metal symbols* Is ettmetal's symbol one of these 4? *Points at the unused ones*

BRANDON SANDERSON

No. It has a symbol, but I don't think you've seen it yet. No, you haven't seen it.

PAGERUNNER

*making connections internally* Oh, that's interesting, since we have seen Harmonium's symbol.

BRANDON SANDERSON

No, you haven't. Have you?

PAGERUNNER

Yeah, we have. *momentary staredown* It looks like the double lerasium. *waves hands around in the air like an idiot to pantomime the axis of reflection*

BRANDON SANDERSON

*looks crestfallen* Oh. Right. Then, I guess you have seen ettmetal's symbol.

PAGERUNNER

*cackles internally* So, ettmetal is Harmonium!

BRANDON SANDERSON

*sadly* Yes...

PAGERUNNER

Am I allowed to tell people? I can keep it a secret if you want.

BRANDON SANDERSON

No, you can tell people.

PAGERUNNER

*almost ditches the rest of his signing turn to go tell people*

• Chaos locked this topic