All-Time Favorite Cosmere Scene

MistbornAlpaca

This is a very tricky subject as there are so many amazing scenes and incredible moments. That being said, I think the one that will always stick with me is:

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT READ ALL THREE OF THE FIRST MISTBORN BOOKS!

Spoiler

When Sazed realizes he is, unfortunately, the Hero of Ages.

Mistborn (Spoilers for first Trilogy!)

Spoiler

Finding out that Sazed is the Hero of Ages, and that the Gender Neutral pronouns were speaking of him directly. As an Intersex person this was a very powerful scene.

Seconding Warbreaker

Spoiler

Lightsong giving Susebron his Breath is a very close second for me. I cry every time.

Edited by Fourth Of The Night

47 minutes ago, TheLordRuler said:

Mistborn

Reveal hidden contents

Finding out Kelsier is The Sovereign, and that he is alive and active in the cosmere. Really excited to see what he does next.

This scene was so crazy I dropped my phone (which was playing the audiobook). Luckily it was on carpet. 

The Way of Kings

Spoiler

When Kaladin and Bridge Four go back to the Tower.

Warbreaker 

Spoiler

When Lightsong gives up his Divine Breath.

Mistborn: The Hero of Ages

Spoiler

Hard not to mention Sazed becoming the Hero of Ages, but I love the scene in that book when Marsh removes Vin's earring and Vin ascends. 

My favorite scene is from the end of the Way of Kings.

Spoiler

When Kaladin and Bridge Four are doing their last bridge run. I'm a fully grown man and I tear up a little every time I read this section:

"Bridge Four!" he bellowed. "Side carry right!"

They hadn't practiced that maneuver in weeks, but their training was manifest as they obeyed without question, dropping the bridge to their side just as the archers loosed.

I'm going to answer my own question here, (The "I am a stick" comment doesn't count, that was a joke.)

Spoiler

I think I'm going to have to go with Kaladin saying the third oath and getting his Shardblade. This scene (and really that whole set of chapters) gives me chills every time.

3 scenes.

Secret History and Hero of Ages Spoilers.

Spoiler

Kelsier having his final conversation with Vin before she goes into the Beyond. Totally did not cry. 

WoR Spoilers 

Spoiler

Kaladin getting Syl back and her saying "Your will matters not". From the point he loses Syl, to him protecting the King from Moash, to getting Syl back is probably the best conflict/resolution I've ever read. Probably my favorite scene of all time, even outside of Brandon's books. 

Warbreaker Spoilers. 

Spoiler

Lightsong finding out his past life, the conversation with his brother, and then giving his life to save the God-Kings. For sure cried during that one. 

Oh and, "Then he punched God in the face".

Edited by Kered

In quote form.

Mistborn

Spoiler

"I am unfortunately The Hero of Ages"-Sazed

Way of Kings

Spoiler

"We follow the codes not because they bring gain, but because we loathe the people we would otherwise become."-Dalinar

Words of Radiance

Spoiler

"Honor is Dead but I'll see what I can do."-Kaladin

Oathbringer

Spoiler

Friend,
Your letter is most intriguing, even revelatory. I would have thought, before attaining my current station, that a deity could not be surprised. Obviously, that is not true. I can be surprised. I can perhaps even be naive, I think. I am the least equipped, of all, to aid you in this endeavor. I am finding that the powers I hold are in such conflict that the most simple of actions can be difficult. I am also made uncertain by your subterfuge. Why have you not made yourself known to me before this? How is it you can hide? Who are you truly, and how do you know so much about
Adonalsium? If you would speak to me further, I request open honesty. Return to my lands, approach my servants, and I will see what I can do for your quest.

—Third Oathbringer Letter

Edited by theuntaintedchild

My favorite scenes would be from The Way of Kings and The Emperors Soul.

Spoiler

I'd probably have to say Kaladin preforming the kata.

"He was on the battlefield, surrounded by enemies but ringed with friends.

Spoiler

Gaotona's final scene is also amazing. 

“He found himself weeping.

Not for the future or for the emperor. These were the tears of a man who saw before himself a masterpiece. True art was more than beauty; it was more than technique. It was not just imitation.

It was boldness, it was contrast, it was subtlety.”