Obert Sky

Richard Paul Evans

C.S Lewis

Jonathan Stroud.

By series:

Sherlock Holmes is pushing the line

Cove

Potion masters

I have a longer list but these are ones I have read recently. I feel you BTW, it is hard to find good books that are clean.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have had this exact same struggle. However, I tend to read much faster than authors can write so I have literally tried most of the fantasy books that show up when you google "Good Fantasy Books". The books that I have determined "Clean" also tend to be older and longer. Just as a reference Warbreaker is just on the cusp of my comfortability.

Here are some of my favorite books and Series that are clean.

Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn: by Tad Williams.

The Licanus Trilogy: by James Islington

The first three Tarzan of the Apes Books

The First Riftwar Series: by Raymond Fiest

The Inheritance Cycle: By Christopher Paolini

The Wheel of Time: By Sanderson and Robert Jordan (This one is barely on my list because it can get pretty "Floofy" at times.)

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this topic, I love it.

As for suggestions: (I haven't looked through the thread yet so Idk if these are repeats)

• the Redwall books are chill and fun and very appropriate 
  • The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer is sci fi/fantasy (4 book series with two half-books) (Fairest is a bit iffy)
  • The Ugly Princess and the Wise Fool by Margaret Gray (probably written for under-teens, I still think it's fun)
  • The Squire's Tales by Gerald Morris (stories of King Arthur's knights, portrays "courtly love" as a bad thing) (there are ten books, but the last one is depressing, because King Arthur's story has a depressing-ish ending)
  • Scary Stories for Young Foxes by Christian McKay Heidicker (it's scary-ish stories that would only be truly scary if you were a fox, and the book teaches a lesson and it's my favorite book and I LOVE IT it's my favorite book you should read it) (there's a second book but I like the first book best)
  • Any of Eoin Colfer's books
  • Enola Holmes by Nancy Springer
  • Dark Life by Kat Falls and the sequel Riptide should be good? I don't recall anything problematic in those two
  • The Ascendance Series (Five book trilogy) by Jennifer A. Nielson (not exactly fantasy, no magic system, but fun)
  • The Books of Bayern by Shannon Hale (4 books)
  • Princess Academy by Shannon Hale (start of a 3-book series, the series is good)
  • The City of Ember (I don't remember the author.)
  • The Four Kingdoms by Melanie Cellier (4 books with two half-books. Has two other series in the same world: Beyond the Four Kingdoms and Return to the Four Kingdoms) (Fantasy-ish historical fiction with (appropriate) romantic sprinkles, my younger sister likes them because they're medieval-ish feeling and it has an actual plot instead of picking petals off a daisy "he loves me he loves me not" stuff (Quarterfeather says "And they do stuff! The main character princess-like characters actually do stuff!"))
  • Catherine called Birdy is historical fiction
  • Gail Carson Levine writes clean books
  • Robin McKinley also writes clean books as far as I know, though she tends more towards retellings (They're cool retellings)
  • Foundling by D. M. Corinch
  • The Knights of Arrethtrae series by Chuck Black should be appropriate. I haven't read the first book all the way through yet. The author's a Christian and it's very obvious in his book.

My sister Quarterfeather's suggestions:

• Dragon Slippers (first book in a 3-book series)
  • Vivian Vande Velde is an author who does clean books that might count as fantasy. Quarterfeather and I think they're fun.
  • Brass Carriages and Glass Hearts (clean book, steampunk-ish)
  • Shards of a Broken Sword
  • Andari Chronicles (might have language (cursing) issues)
  • Entwined by Heather Dixon
  • The Castle Behind Thorns by Merrie Haskell
  • The Enchanted Forest series by Patricia C. Wrede
  • Mairelon the Magician and the Magician's Ward (omnibus is called Magic & Malice) by Patricia C. Wrede
  • The Moorchild
  • Troll Mill and Troll Fell (I don't remember which comes first)
  • Land of Stories by Chris Colfer
  • Savvy (start of a three-book series)
  • Spellfall (should be good, but we don't know for sure)
  • Gifts (appropriate as far as I remember)
  • The Ring of Five
  • Untold Tales by William J. Brook
  • Icefall
  • Gregor the Overlander is kinda fantasy
  • Seven-day magic by Edward Edgar
  • Wren's Quest (might be a second book, I don't remember)
  • Peter and the Starcatchers
  • No More Strangers, Please! (Not fantasy, but awesome.)
  • Sisters Grim
  • Spinning Starlight is sci-fi
Edited by Tani