Amaram Fan Club

Well, Toater, I can’t really call myself an Amaram fan. But I do understand why you would like him. He’s practical, and at least some of his reputation as an honorable man has to be true. I’m interested in finding out more about the Sons of Honor, and what that will reveal about his character. 

Plus, to be fair, basically every time we’ve seen him, it’s been through the eyes of someone who hates him. It’s hard to like a guy when you’re basically only shown negative images of him. 

2 hours ago, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

Wait, Amaram has fans?

He has fan (me). I want to see if there are any others out there, so that we can unite around our Amaram love.

13 minutes ago, Nashan'Elin said:

Well, Toater, I can’t really call myself an Amaram fan. But I do understand why you would like him. He’s practical, and at least some of his reputation as an honorable man has to be true. I’m interested in finding out more about the Sons of Honor, and what that will reveal about his character. 

Plus, to be fair, basically every time we’ve seen him, it’s been through the eyes of someone who hates him. It’s hard to like a guy when you’re basically only shown negative images of him. 

Great post! I agree. 

1 hour ago, CaptainRyan said:

@Toaster Retribution: Can you share with us what it is about Amaram that makes you a fan?

I have to admit, I'm curious too.

I don't hate him as much as a lot of people seem to, but I don't really like him either...

In my opinion he thinks he is doing the right thing, but is very incorrect.

Edit: I actually do like him from a story perspective, simply because he creates good conflicts, just not really as a single character.

Edited by Cowmanthethird

12 hours ago, CaptainRyan said:

@Toaster Retribution: Can you share with us what it is about Amaram that makes you a fan?

I usually start to like characters for silly reasons, like names or the fact that they look cool. I think Amaram has a nice name, but I also like him because I find him interesting, with his willingness to sacrifice a lot in order to accomplish his goal. I have symphaty for him because of how he regrets having to do what he does, and I also like him because I feel that he tries to be good when his commitment to the Sons of Honor doesn't stop him. In addition, he has the potential to be a badass. Also, defending him all the time gives me an attatchment to him.

6 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I usually start to like characters for silly reasons, like names or the fact that they look cool. I think Amaram has a nice name, but I also like him because I find him interesting, with his willingness to sacrifice a lot in order to accomplish his goal. I have symphaty for him because of how he regrets having to do what he does, and I also like him because I feel that he tries to be good when his commitment to the Sons of Honor doesn't stop him. In addition, he has the potential to be a badass. Also, defending him all the time gives me an attatchment to him.

One thing I really like about Amaram is how complicated he is as a character. In all reality, he only has, as far as we know, one black mark against him. To be fair, it is a pretty egregious event but, aside from that, he is an otherwise admirable guy. 

What makes him even more interesting is that his story arc could really go anywhere. He could plausibly end up redeemed or he could plausibly end up slowly becoming more and more "evil" (using that four letter word just triggered 1/3 of the forum haha). 

Anywho, I don't know if I am a fan of Amaram but I am very interested in how his story plays out. Thanks for sharing your piece. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
10 minutes ago, BitBitio the Mudkip said:

This might be why guilds aren't taking you.... necroing threads, double posting, and insulting people is bad form...

No offense to you, but that's what everyone did when they first joined. I did it, you did it, Ene did it, and i assume the people who came before me did it. Except not the insulting people part, that was just him. No offense to Ark either.

Edited by Kidpen

11 hours ago, Kidpen said:

No offense to you, but that's what everyone did when they first joined. I did it, you did it, Ene did it, and i assume the people who came before me did it. Except not the insulting people part, that was just him. No offense to Ark either.

My first or second post was a 4 year necro... :)

15 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Hey! I didn't!

Then again I already had 7 years forum experience when I joined here.

Never been one for necroing though.

Spoiler

Amaram is a awful human being. Oh wait, he was an awful half-Voidbringer monster (who was inhabited by an UN-MADE). I'll ignore everything he does to Kaladin, but seriously, trying to wipe out humanity when the Voidbringer became aggressors instead of diplomats is awful. 

OB spoilers abroad.

Edited by AxeliustheGreat