[OB] Killing and Resurrecting Shardblades

Shadowmancer

I believe that has been brought up to Brandon before. The problem is the amount of power required. While theoretically possible, the Forger would need access to another magic system to replace the power lost. 

I would also imagine that the stamp creation would be as difficult as the one in the Emporers Soul. The entire history of the Spren would need to be rewritten (restored) to recreate the mind. Then extra Investure would be needed to power the transformation of an Invested object.

In other terms, since Forgery is similar to computer programming, you'd need to handwrite the code for an entire supercomputer and then strike it with lightning to turn it on. 

Emporers soul

Spoiler

At one point in the story she has the thought that it is much easier to turn gold into lead than lead into gold.  

I can see the Emperor as a rough analog for a dead Shardblade; Physically present but Cognitively destroyed. The extra layer of difficulty is that the Shardblade is heavily Invested and the Emperor, while important, was just a man. 

I'm also not sure how a human would go about testing soulstamps on a Shardblade. A living blade, of the same type of spren, with a similar history would be needed to test the stamps.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Killing and Resurrecting Shardblades
  • Chaos locked this topic