Gold Mistings and Soulforgery

1 hour ago, Shqueeves said:

Personally, I think an aluminum ferring would be better. They can go identity-less and be stamped with practically anything

I don't think this is true.

Be Identity-less doesn't remove your history, the Soul will still fight back the manipulation.

You will only gain a margin to the amount of Dor working to the Forgery. As the Identity-less state would mean the Investiture Interference doesn't apply

59 minutes ago, Yata said:

I don't think this is true.

Be Identity-less doesn't remove your history, the Soul will still fight back the manipulation.

You will only gain a margin to the amount of Dor working to the Forgery. As the Identity-less state would mean the Investiture Interference doesn't apply

I actually agree with Shqueeves. From what I understand, (correct me if I’m wrong) storing Identity would, if only while you stored it, make you a sort of clean slate for Forgery. What you are suggesting is that somehow, although having no personal identity (that was built through past experiences) you still have a history. That would mean a soul stamp would say something like, “... he was proud, and then no longer existed as himself, then was extra himself, then ate a cookie he found in a dark alleyway.”

Sorry for the rambling (and probably incoherent) post, it’s late and I’m tired. 

54 minutes ago, podman36 said:

I actually agree with Shqueeves. From what I understand, (correct me if I’m wrong) storing Identity would, if only while you stored it, make you a sort of clean slate for Forgery. What you are suggesting is that somehow, although having no personal identity (that was built through past experiences) you still have a history. That would mean a soul stamp would say something like, “... he was proud, and then no longer existed as himself, then was extra himself, then ate a cookie he found in a dark alleyway.”

Sorry for the rambling (and probably incoherent) post, it’s late and I’m tired. 

The point is Identity is not what you think.

It's not something related to your personality or experience or memories.

It's "only" a Spiritual markup that allows Investiture to work with other Investiture without interference. It's what allow a Feruchemist but not another one to access his Metalmind or a guy to retrive his Breath from an object but deny other from doing it

1 hour ago, Yata said:

It's "only" a Spiritual markup that allows Investiture to work with other Investiture without interference. It's what allow a Feruchemist but not another one to access his Metalmind or a guy to retrive his Breath from an object but deny other from doing it

Like a  spiritual fingerprint or retina scan etc

8 hours ago, Yata said:

So what you're saying is that because the interference isn't another Investiture, but your own history, storing Identity doesn't solve the problem. I think that makes sense. You're probably right. However, in that case I'm moving my vote to what @Calderis said. Storing/tapping connection would probably get the effect I was thinking of earlier.

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2017 at 3:10 AM, Yata said:

Would copper feruchemy affect soulforging, then?

1 hour ago, The Allomantic Metalhead said:

Would copper feruchemy affect soulforging, then?

Actually no, the Forgery works regardless of your knowledge. It's what your Soul "knows" to matter (so what It's written in your Spiritweb), not your actual memories.

A guy with an amnesia It's harder as a guy without amnesia to forge. To affect Forgery, you need to manipulate soul...So a Connection-editing would work but not a mere memories editing

On 10/31/2017 at 1:10 AM, Yata said:

Sorry, Yata, you are actually wrong on this one.

sebarial

Would a feruchemist actively storing identity be more susceptible to Forgery? Would more outlandish changes be able to take effect? Thanks for your time, and have a wonderful day.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, if you store identity, it makes you susceptible to ALL KINDS of things in the Cosmere. Forgery would be on the short list.

bubblebooy

Does the difficulty of effecting metals in a body with Allomancy have to do with identity?

Brandon Sanderson

No, more to do with the fact that most people are innately invested in the Cosmere--and certain planets have extra investiture. Something invested is more difficult to transform/move/etc with another form of investiture.

source

34 minutes ago, RShara said:

Sorry, Yata, you are actually wrong on this one.

I corrected the Identity's meaning. Not the possibility to turn the Forgery a bit easier with an Identity-Less guy.

Anyway in the List of what you will be more susceptible while Identity-Less, Forgery would be one of the less impacted as the main obstacle (The Soul's rightful sense of self) is still there

On October 30, 2017 at 6:10 PM, The Allomantic Metalhead said:

Okay this isn't really a theory, it's simple logic:

This was a very intimidating way to start this thread because right off the bat I worried about feeling stupid if I didn't understand the theory. :P

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2017 at 5:05 AM, The Allomantic Metalhead said:

Why not both?

If you were both, than you either 1: have hemalurgic spikes, or 2: you would be a fullborn. I don't know what soulstamping would do to someone hemalurgically charged, does anyone have a WoB that would explain this? and if they were a fullborn there would be a whole host of other possible applications.

9 hours ago, Cognitive Shadow said:

If you were both, than you either 1: have hemalurgic spikes, or 2: you would be a fullborn. I don't know what soulstamping would do to someone hemalurgically charged, does anyone have a WoB that would explain this? and if they were a fullborn there would be a whole host of other possible applications.

You could be a twinborn. We were talking about allomantic gold and feruchemical aluminum.

• Chaos locked this topic