Ammanas

Malazan

585 posts in this topic

So I finished up Outlander 4 earlier this week(fantastic btw) andvowed that I would finish up SW in a solo and NOT cave in to multi read Broken Earth 1... I succeeded for 3 whole days. I caved today and am now multi reading again lol

27 minutes ago, Briar King said:

So I finished up Outlander 4 earlier this week(fantastic btw) andvowed that I would finish up SW in a solo and NOT cave in to multi read Broken Earth 1... I succeeded for 3 whole days. I caved today and am now multi reading again lol

I've had the Fifth Season in my library for over a year and haven't read it yet. You'll have to let me know if it's worth it!

I finally read Edgedancer last week, but I recommended Malazan to someone on Twitter and I'm trying really hard not to just abandon everything else for another reread.

@officiumdefunctorum Broken Earth may be one of thos series that require a few tries for me. Only given it one try so far, but plan on giving the audiobooks a try when it is my turn (I think I am hold 8 on two copies). One thing I did think was cool is that one of the rotating character viewpoint chapters features the ultra rare second person point of view! I can probably count one one hand the number of times I have encountered that.

Edited by Ammanas

I’m only 6 pgs in but it’s a super interesting reading style. Reminds me a bit of Grace of Kings in that it just reads different then your standard bk sort of way.

Edited by Briar King

1 hour ago, officiumdefunctorum said:

I've had the Fifth Season in my library for over a year and haven't read it yet. You'll have to let me know if it's worth it!

It's really good, Jeminsin is a trained psychologist, and that expertise really shows in how her characters act. 

1 hour ago, TheOoklaThatComesBefore said:

It's really good, Jeminsin is a trained psychologist, and that expertise really shows in how her characters act. 

I follow her on Twitter and she's pretty awesome as it is, and has mentioned that the geology in her books was an important aspect, as well. I'll have to finally listen to it when I'm done with a Malice. I can't get the other Gwynne audiobooks because I'm a yank. Ugh.

Tell ya what I’ve hit the mid 40’s and I’m utterly compelled with this exp. it is some kind of brutal though esp just coming off the often brutal elements an Outlander bk can bring.

this is going to be special I feel.