• RotCG
    • Stonewielser
    • OST
    • BoB
    • Assail
    • Dancers Lament
    • Deadhouse Landing
    • Kellanved's Reach

That’s pretty much what the convo I’m talking about in GotM was about but at that time when it was the only book you don’t really know the epic scope of what the series was gonna be about. It’s not till a reread that one can grasp what Tool was saying(imo).

i didn’t like having this stuff turned upside down at the time. We will see eventually how I take the reread.

ive got a headache so I’m not typing very coherently about what I’m trying to say about epic scope. 

So, my kitten is about four months old, now, and he is finally big enough to access things he once could not. This means he is CLIMBING ALL THE THINGS. So I am in the position, fully aware that I have done this to myself, of bleating in alarm as a pure white kitten tries to scale a table lamp or a tower of DVDs (multiple times a day) and shouting "Silchas Ruin!", while I scurry to prevent immanent disaster. This name has now and will likely forever have lost any majesty or gravitas it once held.

Really helps you to get over the oddness of a name, though, shouting it multiple times a day. 

20180811_140210.jpg

1 hour ago, officiumdefunctorum said:

So, my kitten is about four months old, now, and he is finally big enough to access things he once could not. This means he is CLIMBING ALL THE THINGS. So I am in the position, fully aware that I have done this to myself, of bleating in alarm as a pure white kitten tries to scale a table lamp or a tower of DVDs (multiple times a day) and shouting "Silchas Ruin!", while I scurry to prevent immanent disaster. This name has now and will likely forever have lost any majesty or gravitas it once held.

Really helps you to get over the oddness of a name, though, shouting it multiple times a day. 

20180811_140210.jpg

Silchas Kitty always puts a smile on my face.

Settled on the *Kel Tath* for my boat name. Just have to do the painting now. 

6 hours ago, AngelEy3 said:

Lol, I'm afraid my own wit escapes me... 

Hah Fisher...I love it. It's a shame that practically everone on the water will not get it :). People have a tendency to exagerate size in their catches so maybe when you meet other people fishing you could ask them, "When a fisherman speaks of truth to another fisherman , what hope has truth? Let me ask this, then. Does one find memory in invention, or will you find invention in memory? Which bows in servitude before the other? Will the measure of greatness be weighed solely in the details? Perhaps so, if details comprise the full weft of the world; if themes are nothing more than the composite of lists perfectly ordered and unerringly rendered; and if I should kneel before invention, as if it was memory made perfect.
Do I look like a man who would kneel?"

Edited by Ammanas

Lol, Dathenar and Prazek are my favorite speaking characters so far. I was actually just lamenting in the Moon's Spawn discord server that those two don't have speaking parts in GotM and DoD. 

Edit: here's an invite to the server 

https://discord.gg/A5zPMZH

Discord is a free chat application for pc and mobile. 

Edited by AngelEy3

13 minutes ago, AngelEy3 said:

Lol, Dathenar and Prazek are my favorite speaking characters so far. I was actually just lamenting in the Moon's Spawn discord server that those two don't have speaking parts in GotM and DoD. 

Edit: here's an invite to the server 

https://discord.gg/A5zPMZH

Discord is a free chat application for pc and mobile. 

Did you happen to notice that in DoD,  one of them had become a woman? I know he and ICE both play fast and loose with K'rul's gender/form, but they're an elder god and all, so I'm wondering if he'll hand-wave that he even wrote that into the events of DoD, or if there is some precedent for changing one's gender in the Tiste andii culture.

Reread is going extremely well even on Nimander stuff which is what really sapped my full enjoyment of bk 8(even worse then Mybe stuff in 3 for me) on 1st read. Only on pg 341 so not much progress from last post. Been busy yesterday and then played lots of No Mans Sky today 

oh ha wrong message board. I was on pg 318 2 days ago on Malazan board

Edited by Briar King