[OB] Inside cover art!! Finally!

Overlord Jebus

I noticed it as well, but I'm still too distracted how pale he is. Ash's skin is faintly glowing with stormlight, her hair radiating as if she's about to put on the mask and surgebind. Why does Jezrien look so different from her? Did she get her look from her mother? I don't see similar depth and symbolism in her father's portrait, Ash remains my favorite by a large margin.

Is it just me who likes the first two better? I know it's fantasy art and all that bla bla and I don't want this to sound in any way mean or anything like that, but the 2 new ones look a bit .. cheesy/ kitsch? :ph34r: Don't throw stones at me, please !  I understand that they are supposed to be made by two different artists even in the books, but I like the first ones  better because I feel they are a good balance between modern and traditional. And that is what SA is to me. 

In the Jezrien and Vedel ones I feel like the background is a bit too much. It distracts me from the actual characters and Vedel's features look a bit odd to me.

Edited by mariapapadia

Vedel is gorgeous, and I love the stained glass window behind her. I'd love to see the whole thing as a separate drawing. I wonder if it's a real in-world window (maybe in Urithiru)?

Jezrien looks quite kingly with his golden crown and shardplate. I like that the circle of gems on his belt matches the stained glass window. He's quite handsome, but his skin is lighter than I expected. The windspren are a nice bonus.

6 minutes ago, Aleksiel said:

@mariapapadia you are not alone :ph34r: I'm underwhelmed as well. The first is as if the artist tried too hard to make Jezrien look majestic and Vedel has too much going on the background and weird choice of accessories. I just don't feel them as Jez and Vev. Ishar and Ash had the right vibe, these two are a miss for me.

I agree. I am not a fan of those earings and that belt :ph34r: I appreciate the use of a glove on the safehand, but it feels a bit odd paired with such a flowy dress. I feel like someone who has a glove on the safehand would wear something a bit more practical. (When did this turn into Stormlight's next top model, I don't know :ph34r:

Edited by mariapapadia

12 minutes ago, mariapapadia said:

I agree. I am not a fan of those earings and that belt :ph34r: I appreciate the use of a glove on the safehand, but it feels a bit odd paired with such a flowy dress. I feel like someone who has a glove on the safehand would wear something a bit more practical. (When did this turn into Stormlight's next top model, I don't know :ph34r:

:lol:

I hear you! The artist threw glyphs left and right and it didn't help :ph34r: I think the circular element on Jez's armor mirrors the colored glass glypg circle behind Vev, so the in-world artist must be fond of it, but I can't recall something like that being described before. I wouldn't have recognized her as Vedel if not for the ED symbol.

1 minute ago, hypatia said:

Is anyone able to help - what has Vedel possibly to do with keys and a divider for navigation?

The keys should have been golden, 'Vedeledev's golden keys' was used in-world to express... surprise? It's hard to be sure. No idea why she has a pergel.