[OB] Inside cover art!! Finally!

Overlord Jebus

3 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

My theory as well. Either her or one of Adolins Ex's

That feels a bit weird to me, she's not legendary so it's fair to say she's good but not supernatural like szeth and her having a shardblade but not her honorblade? Or her just not using her powers? She's so mundane people haven't realized she uses a shardblade so it's unlikely she uses surges to assassinate.

I have to say, ever since the Ishar and Shalash paintings were released last week, I've been dying to see Jezrien and Vedel but at the same time concerned that the different artist couldn't live up to Dan Dos Santos's work. Man, were my fears ever unfounded. I'm blown away by these. I absolutely buy them as religious imagery, in the vein of the illustrations in Hare Krishna publications. 

Edited by DSC01

I really like the newest two images released (Jez and Ved) much more than the previous two. They remind me of a ancient Persian king and the goddess Athena. I really wasn't impressed with the pictures of cult worship and wierd girl in the almost transparent dress.

2 hours ago, Blacksmithki said:

That feels a bit weird to me, she's not legendary so it's fair to say she's good but not supernatural like szeth and her having a shardblade but not her honorblade? Or her just not using her powers? She's so mundane people haven't realized she uses a shardblade so it's unlikely she uses surges to assassinate.

She can't have an Honorblade, all' the remaining Honorblades are with the Shin

Jezrien's belt buckle thing is interesting.  He has a bunch of gems on it.

In the outer circle, there are 10 gems, likely corresponding to the different orders.

However, in the center, he has 3 gems.  My gut says for Honor, Cultivation, and Odium, but why would he have a gem for Odium?  The inner gems are light purple, green, and blue for those wondering.  I'm honestly not sure what they're for, anyone else have any ideas?

1 hour ago, Bean Delphiki said:

Hopefully this close up image of Jezrien is of better quality.  So what do you guys think, is there any interesting information we can learn from these? 

DNFwdx5UEAALLSh.jpg

Only thing I can see is that the artist doesn't know squat about how the Heralds actually look.

Why the hell is Vedel holding keys?

2 minutes ago, Nymeros said:

Only thing I can see is that the artist doesn't know squat about how the Heralds actually look.

Why the hell is Vedel holding keys?

What are you talking about?

Vedel's holding keys because that's something she's known for. "A Kharbranthian oath of "by Vedeledev's golden keys!" is used to express astonishment.[2]"

And what's wrong about their appearances?

The paintings are all incredible. Three of them, vedel jezrien and Ishar give me a serious renaissance christianity vibe. Maybe it's happenstance but those three all have halo like objects behind their heads, reminiscent of how the saints and angels are depicted in Christian artwork. Furthermore, vedel includes a set of keys, which is a common expression "vedels golden keys". This was a common practice, to include an object the subject was known for so that the uneducated masses would be able to identify who the painting was of. 

Anyways, just my first impression upon viewing. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Star said:

However, in the center, he has 3 gems.  My gut says for Honor, Cultivation, and Odium, but why would he have a gem for Odium?  The inner gems are light purple, green, and blue for those wondering.  I'm honestly not sure what they're for, anyone else have any ideas?

I believe this is Roshar and the three moons. The very center of the buckle looks like a swirling tempest, which would be the planet itself, and the three gems are the moons.

7 minutes ago, Entyti said:

I believe this is Roshar and the three moons. The very center of the buckle looks like a swirling tempest, which would be the planet itself, and the three gems are the moons.

Probably and the 10 Polestones are the 10 Gassous giant in the external part of the system.

Another possibility is the three gems to be' Roshar, Breize and Ashlyn

23 minutes ago, Entyti said:

@Patrick Star

That was my first thought as well. The three moons are purple, green, and blue. 

Edited by JoyBlu

1 hour ago, Patrick Star said:

What are you talking about?

Vedel's holding keys because that's something she's known for. "A Kharbranthian oath of "by Vedeledev's golden keys!" is used to express astonishment.[2]"

And what's wrong about their appearances?

Im aware. The hell is she associated with keys for? So weird (still hot though).

I doubt Jezrien is a greying or Alethi...

Pretty sure the artist copy pasted Michael Whelans version of rockbuds and the storms.

it looks like Ishar attracts glory spren, Jezrien wind spren and Vedel life spren....cool details!

Edited by Nymeros