[OB] Inside cover art!! Finally!

Overlord Jebus

I am relatively confident about Ishar because of the Bondsmith symbol. The lady though... not a fan of Vivenna, unless her role in the series is much bigger than I thought. Both her dress and her mask(s) make it seem like she is not in the Physical Realm, maybe a spren of some sort, maybe even the Nightwatcher. Who knows, it's too good to think!

Initial instinct without looking closely was Honor and Cultivation.

But between the priests, pose and my thought that Ishar is Tezim and probably a big bad, I'll go with him for the left.  (Just can't imagine Honor in that 'bow before me I am so Holy' type pose.)

The right...seeing as the Nightwatcher HAS to be making some kind of appearance this book, it's probably her/Cultivation.

BUT, the dress and masks rreeaalllyyy make me think some kind of shapeshifter/illusionist.  (C'mon, that dress practically SCREAMS it.)

Which certainly could still be the Nightwatcher/Cultivation.  But that does seem off.  I suppose it could be Ash.

Edited by What's a Seawolf?
Name of creature

That dress looks odd. Like it is formed (or forming, given the mask she's holding) of some crystalline substance. Hmmm... crazy idea: could it be Shardplate? We already know Shardblades can change appearance, can Shardplate (a Sharddress)? It certainly doesn't look Alethi, actually, it doesn't seem to cover much at all.

2 minutes ago, What's a Seawolf? said:

Initial instinct without looking closely was Honor and Cultivation.

But between the priests, pose and my thought that Ishar is Tezik and probably a big bad, I'll go with him for the left.  (Just can't imagine Honor in that 'bow before me I am so Holy' type pose.)

The right...seeing as the Nightwatcher HAS to be making some kind of appearance this book, it's probably her/Cultivation.

BUT, the dress and masks rreeaalllyyy make me think some kind of shapeshifter/illusionist.  (C'mon, that dress practically SCREAMS it.)

Which certainly could still be the Nightwatcher/Cultivation.  But that does seem off.  I suppose it could be Ash.

Meant to quote you in the post above.  I agree with Seawolf regarding this being Ishar and Ishar = Tezim.

Here's another idea - the man could be Melishi, the Bondsmith who turned the Voidbringers into parshmen. Running with that idea, the woman could be the spren Gavilar mentions in the prologue, the one responsible for the Listeners' transformations (she is vibrant, and the masks could point to that). A bit far-fetched for my normal liking, but I like it thematically.

14 minutes ago, paperstones said:

Well, the woman has her safe hand covered. I wonder if she is on another planet, Braise or Ashyn, with Roshar in the background.

Tinfoil time.

It's Shallan, lost in one of her disguises. 

(Edit: Originally I mistakenly remembered the Ghostbloods symbol as triangles, like the images earrings, but those earrings could still form a diamond-esque shape.) 

grammer, mistake

2 minutes ago, paperstones said:

Well, the woman has her safe hand covered. I wonder if she is on another planet, Braise or Ashyn, with Roshar in the background.

I'd go with Braise and the woman being Shalash (and the man Ishar) , makes sense to feature two Heralds and Braize might be where they went inbetween desolations.

7 minutes ago, What's a Seawolf? said:

Whose symbol is triangles?

That's what I thought.

Whose? I really don't get it right now.

Edited by SLNC

7 minutes ago, SLNC said:

Whose? I really don't get it right now.

My mistake.  In my head the Ghostblood's symbol was a triangle.  There's an image floating around of three diamonds in the shape of a triangle, and I guess mentally I just cut out the middle man and made it a triangle.

That's what I get for working a double shift.

Though if you put those two triangles together you could get a diamond...

I need sleep

I think the woman is Cultivation and that the mask on the ground is mean to be Honor. The fallen mask appears to be somewhat masculine looking and has shards or splinters coming from it. I have no ideas about what the woman taking her mask off means. 

Edited by Seeker861