Lets get this right!

Knghtstlker

Does anyone have anything to add to any of these? Perhaps Hemalurgical differences? They can be used to pass both Feruchemy and Allomancy correct? I distinctly remember them Only able to take one power at a time, which is why they prefer to take Mistings instead of Mistborn to create Steel Inquisitors. So does that mean that in theory someone out there? Possibly Marsh? Has All possible combinations? Is this answered in Era 2? I'm halfway through the second book. Which means there is still quite a lot of explanation to go I'm sure. Does anyone have any insight to offer that doesn't spoil Era 2? Haha! Please just give me a Rafo if there is a further in depth explanation further on.

Again please leave all spoilers out for Mistborn Era 2. As I'm just not quite there yet. Is there anyone who can perhaps link to some kind of Infographic "If there is one" or a Table of some kind that explains more and perhaps possible Twin Born Combinations? I'm sure there are quite a few, Even a few that can no longer be identified "Currently", because to my knowledge Atium is all gone. lol.

LIST OF METALS

ALUMINUM: A Mistborn who burns aluminum instantly metabolizes

all of his or her metals without giving any other effect, wiping all

Allomantic reserves. Mistings who can burn aluminum are called

Aluminum Gnats due to the ineffectiveness of this ability by itself.

Trueself Ferrings can store their spiritual sense of identity in

an aluminum metalmind. This is an art rarely spoken of outside of

Terris communities, and even among them, it is not yet well

understood. Aluminum itself and a few of its alloys are Allomantically

inert; they cannot be Pushed or Pulled and can be used to

shield an individual from emotional Allomancy.

BENDALLOY: Slider Mistings burn bendalloy to compress time in

a bubble around themselves, making it pass more quickly within

the bubble. This causes events outside the bubble to move at a

glacial pace from the point of view of the Slider.

Subsumer Ferrings can store nutrition and calories in a bendalloy metalmind;

they can eat large amounts of food during active storage without

feeling full or gaining weight, and then can go without the need

to eat while tapping the metalmind. A separate bendalloy metalmind

can be used to similarly regulate fluids intake.

BRASS: Soother Mistings burn brass the soothe (dampen) the emotions

of nearby individuals. This can be directed at a single individual

or directed across a general area, and the Soother can focus

on specific emotions.

Firesoul Ferrings can store warmth in a brass

metalmind, cooling themselves off while actively storing. They can

tap the metalmind at a later time to warm themselves.

BRONZE: Seeker Mistings burn brass to "hear" pulses given off by

other Allomancers who are burning metals. Different metals produce

different pulses.

Sentry Ferrings can store wakefulness in a

bronze metalmind, making themselves drowsy while actively storing.

They can tap the metalmind at a later time to reduce drowsiness

or to heighten their awareness.

CADMIUM: Pulser Mistings burn cadmium to stretch time in a

bubble around themselves, making it pass more slowly inside the

bubble. This causes events outside the bubble to move at blurring

speed from the point of view of the Pulser.

Gasper Ferrings can

store breath inside a cadmium metalmind; during active storage

they must hyperventilate in order for their bodies to get enough

air. The breath can be retrieved at a later time, eliminating or

reducing the need to breathe using the lungs while tapping the

metalmind. They can also highly oxygenate their blood.

CHROMIUM: Leecher Mistings who burn chromium while touching

another Allomancer will wipe that Allomancer's metal reserves.

Spinner Ferrings can store fortune in a chromium metalmind,

making themselves unlucky during active storage, and can tap it

at a later time to increase their luck.

COPPER: Coppercloud Mistings (also known as Smokers) burn copper

to create an invisible cloud around themselves, which hides

nearby Allomancers from being detected by a Seeker and which

shields nearby individuals from the effects of emotional Allomancy.

Archivist Ferrings can store memories in a copper metalmind

(coppermind); the memory is gone from their head while in

storage, and can be retrieved with perfect recall at a later time.

DURALUMIN: A Mistborn who burns duralumin instantly burns

away any other metals being burned at the same time, releasing an

enormous bursts of those metals' power. Mistings who can burn

Duralumin are called Duralumin Gnats due to the ineffectiveness

of this ability by itself.

Connector Ferrings can store spiritual

connection in a duralumin metalmind, reducing other

people's awareness and friendship with them during active storage,

and can tap it at a later time in order to speedily form trust

relationships with others.

ELECTRUM: Oracle Mistings burn electrum to see a vision of possible

paths their future could take. This is usually limited to a few

seconds.

Pinnacle Ferrings can store determination in an electrum

metalmind, entering a depressed state during active storage, and

can tap it at a later time to enter a manic phase.

GOLD: Auger Mistings burn gold to see a vision of a past self or

how they would have turned out having made different choices

in the past.

Bloodmaker Ferrings can store health in a gold metalmind,

reducing their health while actively storing, and can tap

it at a later time in order to heal quickly or to heal beyond the

body's usual abilities.

IRON: Lurcher Mistings who burn iron can Pull on nearby sources

of metal. Pulls must be directly toward the Lurcher's center of

gravity.

Skimmer Ferrings can store physical weight in an iron

metalmind., reducing their effective weight while actively storing,

and can tap it at a later time to increase their effective weight.

NICROSIL: Nicroburst Misitings who burn nicrosil while touching

another Allomancer will instantly burn away any metals being

burned by that Allomancer, releasing an enormous (and perhaps

unexpected) burst of those metals' power within that Allomancer.

Soulbearer Ferrings can store Investiture in a nicrosil

metalmind. This is a power that very few know anything about;

indeed, I'm certain the people of Terris don't truly know what

they are doing when they use these powers.

PEWTER: Pewterarm Mistings (also known as Thugs) burn pewter to

increase their physical strength, speed, and durability, also enhancing

their bodies' ability to heal.

Brute Ferrings can store physical

strength in a pewter metalmind, reducing their strength while actively

storing, and can tap it at a later time to increase their strength.

STEEL: Coinshot Mistings who burn steel can Push on nearby

sources of metal. Pushes must be directly away from the Coinshot's

center of gravity.

Steelrunner Ferrings can store physical

speed in a steel metalmind, slowing them while actively storing,

and can tap it at later time to increase their speed.

TIN: Tineye Mistings who burn tin increase the sensitivity of their

five senses. All are increased at the same time.

Windwhisperer Ferrings can store the sensitivity of one of the five

sense in a tin metalmind; a different tin metalmind must be used for each

sense. While storing, their sensitivity in that sense is reduced,

and when the metalmind is tapped that sense is enhanced.

ZINC: Rioter Mistings burn zinc to riot (enflame) the emotions of                                                                                         

nearby individuals. This can be directed at a single individual or

directed across a general area, and the Rioter can focus on specific

emotions.

Sparker Ferrings can store mental speed in a zinc

metalmind, dulling their ability to think and reason while actively

storing, and can tap it at a later time to think and reason more

quickly.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't believe that all of the twinborn combinations have been officially listed. Theres 16x16 possible combinations (256), excluding the mistings/single-metal feruchemists.

And I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not (I believe this was revealed in Hero of Ages, but I'm not certain), so here.

Spoiler

And you are correct that hemalurgy can only take one ability per spike (and making a spike usually results in the death of the victim, so making more is veeerrry difficult.) And only read below after you've read Shadows of Self.

Spoiler

Excepting "Trellium" which is a god-metal and revealed in Era 2.

For the rest, RAFO, unless someone has an applicable WoB to share.

Edited by Alderant
Correction of information, ninja'd

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

@Alderant the above question is for you.

I'm going to spoiler my reply, just in case.

Spoiler

Ah I didn't make myself clear. I'm sorry for the confusion. It's not that Trellium can steal multiple abilities with one spike, but that it has a very theoretically broad range of possibilities. Ordinarily a spike can steal one and only one attribute.

It's all theoretical. We're not entirely sure yet what exactly Trellium does. Here's the Coppermind's blurb on it:

Trellium is the uncanonical name for the unknown metal seen in Shadows of Self. It is a silvery metal with a red cast to it, and dark red spots similar to rust. Its Allomantic and Feruchemic properties are unknown. It can be used Hemalurgically to steal some, if not all, Allomantic and/or Feruchemic abilities and grant them to Kandra. It can also be used on humans to create hemalurgic constructs. Kandra and Hemalurgic constructs with a single spike of Trellium will be hidden from Harmony.

See, normally Kandra can't use hemalurgy and allomancy. We know that Trellium somehow allows Kandra (and presumably Inquisitors and full-Koloss) to hide themselves from Harmony's presence, but only if the Kandra has only one Trellium spike. Having two means "hey guess what, Harmony can see you now!"

Ordinarily, I believe a Kandra usually need their spikes in pairs. Not only that, in Bands of Mourning it's revealed that Kandra using another Kandra's spikes is physically unpleasant, and more than two spikes means the Kandra is more susceptible to Ruin's (Harmony's) influence. Somehow, however, the Trellium spikes were allowing Paalm to both use allomancy and use the spike as a "blessing" to restore sentience, hence why its theorized it can be used to Hemalurgically steal "all" Allomantic abilities.

5 minutes ago, Yata said:

@aldenen Indeed as @Kingsdaughter613 said the Spoiler in the Spoiler is false as the general rule of Hemalurgy still apply to the metal you refered to.

Sorry, it's a mistype on my part. See my above spoiler.

I am sorry for the OP but I need to heavly use Spoiler tag to reply to @Alderant as we are talking of all the Era2's released books

Spoiler

Ok let's start with the sure facts.

Every mundane Spike we see so far could steal a single human attribute or a whole quadrant of the Metallic Arts (for example a Steel Spike could steel A-Steel, A-Iron, A-Pewter or A-Tin) while the Atium could steal EVERYTHING. The Trellium has to be in the middle of those limits as it showed the ability to steal at least physical Allomancy, physical Feruchemy and an unknown not magical Attribute.

Kandra can't born as Allomancers or Feruchemist but they could acquire those powers like everyone else, they could burn Lerasium to gain Allomancy and they could gain Metallic Arts with Hemalurgy (not only with Trellium).

Now the probably but not sure facts.
Trellium's Hemalurgy usage isn't spotted by Harmony but we don't know if this is an actual Trellium's power or it's a mere side effect of the Trellium's origin. By the way, probably Harmony can't spot a Trellium user also if he uses more than a Trellium Spike as I say no reason for the otherwise.

We don't know if the Kandra's blessing have to be of a paired metals, historically in TFE the Blessing were made of the same material but this tell us nothing  of a magical restriction.

I believe you misunderstood the last point, every compatible Spike allows to a Mistwrath to overcome his Cognitive Block, A Magic-granting-Spike is as good as the canonical Blessing in this regard. The Trellium Spike isn't special in this, Paalm was mad for the Spike miss as Reluur was...Simply while ReLuur had not the attitude to keep going without a SPike, Paalm was too stubborn and determinate to let the madness completelly stop her.

Oh the spoilers. Yata, I have legitimate questions. Sorry, I'm not trying to be confrontational. This is not my area of expertise and you're certainly more versed than me.

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Yata said:

By the way, probably Harmony can't spot a Trellium user also if he uses more than a Trellium Spike as I say no reason for the otherwise.

That doesn't make any sense. Hemalurgy is one of Harmony's forms of Investiture, and it's explicitly stated that more than one spike allows Harmony to control a Kandra. That's why Shadows of Self ends the way it does, because Wax shoots her with a hemalurgic bullet. I always figured that it was both the combination of having only one spike (can't be controlled) and having it be made of Trellium that was why Harmony couldn't find Paalm.

16 minutes ago, Yata said:

Every mundane Spike we see so far could steal a single human attribute or a whole quadrant of the Metallic Arts (for example a Steel Spike could steel A-Steel, A-Iron, A-Pewter or A-Tin) while the Atium could steal EVERYTHING. The Trellium has to be in the middle of those limits as it showed the ability to steal at least physical Allomancy, physical Feruchemy and an unknown not magical Attribute.

Couldn't a Steel Spike steal only one physical allomancy attribute though? It couldn't steal A-Steel and A-Iron. Just A-Steel OR A-Iron, right? (Too many steel/steals.)

18 minutes ago, Yata said:

I believe you misunderstood the last point, every compatible Spike allows to a Mistwrath to overcome his Cognitive Block, A Magic-granting-Spike is as good as the canonical Blessing in this regard.

I wasn't aware of that.

18 minutes ago, Yata said:

Paalm was too stubborn and determinate to let the madness completelly stop her.

I assumed this was in part due to some outside influence acting upon her.

22 minutes ago, Yata said:

We don't know if the Kandra's blessing have to be of a paired metals, historically in TFE the Blessing were made of the same material but this tell us nothing  of a magical restriction.

I've never heard that before, haha. I'd always read that a Kandra blessings were paired.

@Alderant 

Spoiler

Harmony could not see Paalm when she had the Trellium Spike.

Trellium has been shown to steal physical quadrant abilities. We don’t actually know what was stolen to create the Chimeras; you can create hemalurgic constructs with magic stealing spikes. We don’t even know that it’s called Trellium.

Just because an investiture form comes from a Shard does not mean the Shard is always aware of what is being done with it.

Spoiler
22 minutes ago, Alderant said:

Oh the spoilers. Yata, I have legitimate questions. Sorry, I'm not trying to be confrontational. This is not my area of expertise and you're certainly more versed than me.

Hide contents

That doesn't make any sense. Hemalurgy is one of Harmony's forms of Investiture, and it's explicitly stated that more than one spike allows Harmony to control a Kandra. That's why Shadows of Self ends the way it does, because Wax shoots her with a hemalurgic bullet. I always figured that it was both the combination of having only one spike (can't be controlled) and having it be made of Trellium that was why Harmony couldn't find Paalm.

The Hemalurgy's fault and the detectability are separated stuff.

Two Hemalurgy Spikes are enough to a Kandra to be controlled by external sources and the Trellium isn't peculiar in this as we saw (as you wrote) the SoS's ending with Paalm controlled by Harmony with two Spikes, one of Trellium and one of mundane Metal....So the Trellium was no different effect rather a normal metal in the Hemalurgy's fault.

In the regard of the Harmony's Hemalurgy-sense (horrible name but I can't find a better term), Harmony was able to detect Bleeder only when a normal Spike was insert into her. It's not the number of Spikes who made her "pop" in Harmony's radar but rather the normal Spike without the "unseen" property (this indeed is debatable but I see no reason to see it differently).

Couldn't a Steel Spike steal only one physical allomancy attribute though? It couldn't steal A-Steel and A-Iron. Just A-Steel OR A-Iron, right? (Too many steel/steals.)

Maybe I was unclear I meant that a Steel Spikes could steal A-Steel OR A-Iron OR A-Pewter OR A-Tin, of course I didn't mean it could steal all this things together...sorry for the doubt.

I've never heard that before, haha. I'd always read that a Kandra blessings were paired.

The Kandra blessing were always paried, but this don't mean they have to. Just because TLR decided to provide paired Spikes as Blessing this doesn't mean it is impossible to use umparied metals. It's like to say that as TLR used only 4 metals to make Blessings, other metals can't be used as Blessings' material.

By the way Reluur has an uncommon Spike (by Marasi's words a Nicrosil one) and it's other Spikes were probably made not of Nicrosil too, as he was older of the Nicrosil's discover

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Just because an investiture form comes from a Shard does not mean the Shard is always aware of what is being done with it.

You're right. I know this. I'm just confused. It's not that I think that Harmony goes "Oh you're using Hemalurgy, I see you doing that." It's more Harmony going "I should be able to find Paalm because she has hemalurgic spikes, but I can't. Why?" This all seems to be pointing to a new godmetal, or at least the direct intervention of another Shard.

5 minutes ago, Yata said:

In the regard of the Harmony's Hemalurgy-sense (horrible name but I can't find a better term), Harmony was able to detect Bleeder only when a normal Spike was insert into her. It's not the number of Spikes who made her "pop" in Harmony's radar but rather the normal Spike without the "unseen" property (this indeed is debatable but I see no reason to see it differently).

Ah that makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

6 minutes ago, Yata said:

Maybe I was unclear I meant that a Steel Spikes could steal A-Steel OR A-Iron OR A-Pewter OR A-Tin, of course I didn't mean it could steal all this things together...sorry for the doubt.

All good. So that at least works like I thought it did.

6 minutes ago, Yata said:

By the way Reluur has an uncommon Spike (by Marasi's words a Nicrosil one) and it's other Spikes were probably made not of Nicrosil too, as he was older of the Nicrosil's discover

You're right. I'd forgotten he had a Nicrosil one.

• Chaos locked this topic