The WoB Archive, Arcanum, is Here November 8th

Chaos

4 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

Is that the neural network to generate WoBs?

That neural network has a name and family and a job. Namely, it's called Brandon Sanderson.

22 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

Actually, I think I might create a WoBinator next year, if I'll want a break from Arcanum. Anyone can guess what that'd be? ;)

Would it be, perhaps, an app someone suggested? :P

After listening to these Brandonerisms again and again, I can reveal the Brandon template. 

Questioner

Question

Brandon Sanderson

Repeat question. Guffaw. "So... that's a good question". Start partially answering (with keywords blocked by baby crying). Reveal big secret and end it with "...and stuff like that. Right. You guys knew that right?".

So now you all know how to be Brandon. Remember, "and stuff like that" and "right?". All you'll ever need. 

1 minute ago, Extesian said:

Don't make me go back over my entries and tally things vs stuff oversleep. I don't know which epoch you've been transcribing but I get a 3:1 stuff: things ratio. Mestiv, give us the "things like that" and "stuff like that" stats ;)

I actually put these expressions in the search engine to check, y'know...

Although I admit my samples were only the first 50 results. I might need to go and redo the search.

Edited by Overstorm

2 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

An n of 50? Those are rookie numbers @Overstorm, you gotta pump those up!

I redid the search for exact expression and counted every instance of that exact expression. Here are the numbers as of October 25th 2017 23:53 Warsaw timezone:

stuff like that = 53 instances found
stuff like this = 13 instances found
things like that = 214 instances found
things like this = 112 instances found

@Extesian things win over stuff, hard :P

18 minutes ago, Overstorm said:

I redid the search for exact expression and counted every instance of that exact expression. Here are the numbers as of October 25th 2017 23:53 Warsaw timezone:

stuff like that = 53 instances found
stuff like this = 13 instances found
things like that = 214 instances found
things like this = 112 instances found

@Extesian things win over stuff, hard :P

:ph34r: every "things like that" WoB is wrong

59f1093475c71_unnamed(5).gif.3d4819a0f494de085ed4879b3cbd807c.gif

But seriously it's a wonderful day. Nov 8 will be even more wonderful :) long live Arcanum! And I am surprised noone guessed the name (including me before I started), except for one person I noticed. Iirc.

Oh here. Screenshot_20171026-091500.thumb.jpg.550a797943e36f1875f9ce6412f9a4a1.jpg

Congratulations @Steeldancer you, my friend, are a hero.

Edited by Extesian

48 minutes ago, Extesian said:

:ph34r: every "things like that" WoB is wrong

59f1093475c71_unnamed(5).gif.3d4819a0f494de085ed4879b3cbd807c.gif

But seriously it's a wonderful day. Nov 8 will be even more wonderful :) long live Arcanum! And I am surprised noone guessed the name (including me before I started), except for one person I noticed. Iirc.

Oh here. Screenshot_20171026-091500.thumb.jpg.550a797943e36f1875f9ce6412f9a4a1.jpg

Congratulations @Steeldancer you, my friend, are a hero.

Wait. I GUESSED IT? HAHAHA

5 hours ago, TheBlackPiper said:

I need this in my life. THANK YOU for putting this together for the lazies like me who can't be bothered/don't even know where to begin. Hooray! --Sae Sae

What's that, Arcanum song confirmed? Great, thank you! :rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, Argent said:

What's that, Arcanum song confirmed? Great, thank you! :rolleyes:

@TheBlackPiper I'm expecting nothing less than the Ainulindalë ;) Well, without Melkor. For Arcanum is sweet harmony.

Wait. Unless one of the Arcanists has been betraying us. 

One is almost certainly a traitor to the others

joeST.png.624053a6ab5aec31b868bd290880d562.png

Edited by Extesian

12 hours ago, Calderis said:

As a purely mobile user who's  been working on Arcanum, it's very good. I've had absolutely no issues. 

3 hours ago, Extesian said:

@TheBlackPiper I'm expecting nothing less than the Ainulindalë ;) Well, without Melkor. For Arcanum is sweet harmony.

Wait. Unless one of the Arcanists has been betraying us. 

One is almost certainly a traitor to the others

joeST.png.624053a6ab5aec31b868bd290880d562.png

Wait...how did I not know that you two were working on this?

Also, this helps the theory that you two are the same person, since you're both working on Arcanum...

20 hours ago, Chaos said:

arcanumpreview.png

There's a bunch of new stuff we've acquired that's never been seen before, too! .

I'm so excited! Thanks for all the hard work. I keep hearing great things about the system, and can't wait to try it out, but I also want to congratulate those that worked on the visual design. That logo is beautiful, and I'm sure the whole site is just as pretty!

Will there be a good way to find the new, never-before-seen items for those who feel up to date on what is currently available?

20 minutes ago, ccstat said:

I'm so excited! Thanks for all the hard work. I keep hearing great things about the system, and can't wait to try it out, but I also want to congratulate those that worked on the visual design. That logo is beautiful, and I'm sure the whole site is just as pretty!

Will there be a good way to find the new, never-before-seen items for those who feel up to date on what is currently available?

There will not, unfortunately. You may need to go down the even list, open each one up, and scan real quick to see if it looks familiar. You could compare the Theoryland event list to Arcanum's, but the former has some events with 0 entries, so you'll still be missing stuff. The vast majority of new WoBs are from Reddit (which you'll basically be up-to-date on if you saw my spreadsheet), and the events that occurred this year (which have all had transcriptions already posted in the Events and Signings forum). Weiry might be able to provide a list of old events that are only in Arcanum, but the only ones I know off the top of my head are AU Seattle and a White Sand release event.