The WoB Archive, Arcanum, is Here November 8th

Chaos

7 minutes ago, Blightsong said:

I also second Argent there. The babies always screech when you least expect them. 

Babies, apparently, also screech when you most expect them. And when your expectation levels are somewhere between "least" and "most". They just screech a lot, man. In my ears. I've grown to sympathize with a certain character in the Cosmere who hears screaming all the time... poor soul, I feel your pain now.

6 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

Brilliant! Simply brilliant! 

Once the Arcanum goes live, will us lay folk be able to help with transcribing, updating, etc.? 

Yeah, that's the plan. Though honestly just having one place to host audio files (and there's a nifty interface for parsing them, too) goes a long way.

Also it's just "Arcanum", not "the Arcanum". Currently half a dozen members are on the Discord channel holding back Chaos from reflexively banning you for ruining his naming scheme. ;)

3 minutes ago, Govir said:

So since this will be digital only, would you say that it's Arcanum...Unbounded?

:mellow:

Get out. :mellow:

Edited by Kurkistan

8 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

Once the Arcanum goes live, will us lay folk be able to help with transcribing, updating, etc.?

That's the plan. That is what it was intended to do :P

2 minutes ago, Kurkistan said:

Currently half a dozen members are on the Discord channel holding back Chaos from reflexively banning you for ruining his naming scheme. ;)

I wonder what he'd do if I used the d-word :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Steeldancer said:

It's just... Arcanum?

I can't believe I didn't guess this. 

Yeah, it's not like half of us set their member titles to "Arcanist" month ago or anything :ph34r:

Edited by Overstorm

25 minutes ago, Argent said:

I don't think we'll need an entire Discord server for it. There will probably be a channel though. @Chaos?

Since there's already been a channel for it for months, that's a safe assumption ;D. The current plan is for it just to have the one channel hosted in the 17th Shard discord. If it gets to the point where it needs multiple channels for some reason we will look at our options then.

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

So happy this name is known. No more WoBinator 4000. 

1 hour ago, Argent said:

RIP my clever name. RIP WoBoratory, and RIP the WoBrary. :(

Actually, I think I might create a WoBinator next year, if I'll want a break from Arcanum. Anyone can guess what that'd be? ;)