Edgedancer Poll

Ammanas

Edgedancer Poll  

36 members have voted

1. 1. You own Arcanum Unbounded. Do you plan to buy (or have already bought) a copy of the Edgedancer only hardcover book/novella?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Just was wandering what my fellow sharders were planning on doing. I personally voted no. Not because I didn't like the story; it was ok, not my favorite though. I thought there were stronger stories in Arcanum Unbounded. The Emperors Soul was my favorite and I wouldn't pay for a novella only release for that one to go along with my Arcanum Unbounded.

I bought it.  It was smaller than I expected. Like 5"x 3" 12.5cm x 7.25cm.

Its small and cute.  Looks weird among the giants that is the rest of Stormlight.  Which kinda sums up Lift, so it works.

Edited by Stark
inches, not feet. Stupid non metric system. Screw it I'm using cm.

The only reason I would consider getting it is if it became apparent that there was additional material in it that I wouldn't have access to otherwise; which to my knowledge has not been the case with Shadows for Silence and Emperor's Soul.

If they do a 10th Anniversary leather bound of "Edgedancer" then I will buy that. But I'm fine, for the moment, with just Arcanum Unbounded.

Though, it would be nice to have a stand alone "Edgedancer" copy to place between "Words of Radiance" and "Oathbringer" on the bookshelf... Dang it. Maybe I do need one.

<EDIT> Unfortunately, the hardback edition of "Edgedancer" is significantly smaller in all three dimensions than the Stormlight Archive hardbacks. Learning this was a huge disappointment as that means I cannot insert the standalone hardback in-between the "Words of Radiance" and "Oathbringer".  Will not buy. :( </EDIT>

Edited by CaptainRyan

• Chaos locked this topic