[OB] Oathbringer chapters 25-27

Mestiv

48 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Did anyone else think about Warbreaker when the white-haired girl was mentioned in Shallan's story?

For me it seemed inspired by Elantris- a white haired person, a massive wall with steps on the other side that keeps the inhabitants in. Obviously the details have been corrupted but thats not unexpected considering its a different world and the time gap is a few thousand years as well. 

I couldnt help but think of Shinovar when Shallan was telling her story.

1. Mountains protect and isolate the country, much like the wall in the story.

2. I am not aware of any earth-like predators on Roshar, only prey animals such as horse and pigs. No predators in between the village and the wall.

3. No mention of spren at all.

4. Stormlight seems to exist on the other side but not hers until she brings it back. Do the highstorms still infuse as strongly in Shinovar?

5. The wall is to seperate people from something else. Listeners maybe?

I know that humans on Roshar came from a variety of places and some at least pre-date the planets shards, but is it possible the Shin actually arrived before everyone else?

Edited by Jace21

Just now, Agent34 said:

Reread to pick up any details you might've missed, plus that way you can see it all together rather than bits.

Yeah I'm going to reread it.  I think the story will flow a little better when it's not artificially chopped up into three chapter segments.  Plus the art!  My wife's going to start at the interludes though, a house divided...

3 minutes ago, Agent34 said:
4 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Only 21 more days until the full book comes out. Should I skip past part one, or reread it...?

Reread to pick up any details you might've missed, plus that way you can see it all together rather than bits.

Part of me is convinced that in the actual book the epigraphs will be much more useful but that probably unlikely

5 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Only 21 more days until the full book comes out. Should I skip past part one, or reread it...?

If you know well enough when you'll get the book, you could reread part 1 starting a day earlier, so that when you receive the book you'll be able to immediately delve into part 2 without any break between the parts. that's what I'lll try to do, if I can know when my copy will come. Which I'll probably won't, because transoceanic shipping is always erratic

Anybody else noticing that there have been alot of appearances of rare Spren in Urithiru? Every bundle of chapters has mentioned shockspren, awespren, or creationspren and almost always is followed with the charachter mentioning how uncommon they are.

Seeing as how Pattern confirmed the copycat killer is an Unmade, I cant help but wonder if It's presence on the CR is attracting these rare Spren; and weather these manifestations are being used to "track" the violence in Urithiru. 

Tinfoil theory I know, but Jasnah's Spren discusses how painspren are called grinders and are apparently "harmmore" instead of harmless. I know it's a long shot that an awespren might be responsible for spying for the Unmade, but clearly a spren Cognitive self can vary greatly from it's Physical self.

Great three chapters, both the Shallan chapters brought the plot of the story forward satisfactorily. The Dalinar chapter was interesting.

The odium spren looks like a kandra, as mentioned in the comments, is it the cause of the copycat murders? The lightweaving scene was beautiful. Most importantly, POOR ROCK! Hopefully, the stormlight should heal his hand ^_^

The Dalinar chapter marks a turning point in his life.I like Evi(so far) too.

The moment we've all been waiting for! Adolin told Shallan about Kaladin and Helaran! 

What I would like after these chapters- a storytelling competition between Hoid and Shallan :lol:

Just thought about the white haired girl in shallan's lightweaving, We just got a painting of Shalash from the end papers this past week. She has white hair, she is the patron of the light weavers. What if Shalash can peer through the light weaving of others....... maybe thats what those crystiline looking masks meant in the painting.....

8 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Reread it! You pick up so much more that way.

I really liked how highly Adolin obviously thinks of Kaladin at this point. His hatred towards Amaram even though he wasn't personally hurt, the sympathy and respect in his words when discussing Kaladin saving Amaram's life, "the two of us spent time in jail"... I don't necessarily ship Kadolin romantically but I live for protagonist bonding.

Shallan's story is awesome, it's probably suposse to meant something, but not a clue.

Blackthorne shouldn't be unleashed.

“I won them both, but I give them to you. A gift. For your children.”

Spoiling Elhokar: the begining

“Highprince,” Dalinar finally said.

“Highprince,” Amaram said back, tipping his head.

“Bastard,” Adolin said.

I laughed outloud here, Adolin is great, who wouldn't want to marry him?

“Shallan… that Blade. You know where Amaram got that, right?”

“On the battlefield?”

“From Kaladin.” Adolin raised his hand to his head.

No, bad Adolin, very bad.I don't want to marry you anymore.