Mystery Project in Sanderson's Status Bar

Exalted

My understanding re: White Sand is that the graphic novel will be the only version providing Dynamite completes the project. If they decide not to do the whole story (originally intended to be a trilogy that volume 3 would only cover the first third of.) then Brandon will have to make a decision whether he's willing to leave it at that, or go back to writing the novels. I feel like Khriss is too important to the cosmere for him to leave her story untold. 

On 11/1/2017 at 7:46 PM, Steeldancer said:

Was a very jolly soul

With a dragon horn

And a dragon nose

And 2 eyes that could scare a troll

Frosty the snow dragon

Was a fairy tale they say

But the Sharders know

That he'll be written about someday

On 11/1/2017 at 8:13 PM, Nathrangking said:

@Steeldancer and @The Invested Beard I have the next song for your sound track.

O you better watch out, you better not cry, you better not shout I'm telling you why Santa Rayse is coming to town.

He sees you when you're ascending, he knows when you're a shard.

He hates you whether you are bad or good so call Hoid for goodness sake.

O you better watch out, you'd better not invest, you'd better run to Scadrial I'm telling you why Santa Rayse is coming to town.

What just happened to this thread??? :blink:

Oh well, might as well run with it...

You know Moash and Rock and Teft and Lopen,
Dunny and Drehy and Sigzil and Shen,
But do you recall...
The most famous Bridgeman of all?

Kaladin the angsty Bridgeboy
Had a very shiny Spren (Like a Windspren)
And if you ever saw her
You would even say she glows (like a sphere-lamp!)
All of Sadeas's soldiers
Used to laugh and call him names (like Lordling!)
They never let poor Kaladin
Join in any army games (like plateau assaults!)

Then one bloody Highstorm Eve,
Dalinar came to say, (Unite them!)
Kaladin woah you glow so bright!
Won't you help my army fight?

Then all the Bridgemen loved him
And they volunteered for more (Bridge Four!)
Kaladin the angsty Bridgeboy
You'll go down in ancient lore! (as a Radiant!)

5 hours ago, bleeder said:

*chanting* DARK ONE DARK ONE DARK ONE DARK ONE

59fc5c4d5118f_Screenshot2017-11-03at8_00_27AM.png.e8fb9d301d53e41fb567097b4c8cdabc.png

source

Read through the rest of the thread. Brandon has already specifically said that it’s not the Dark One. :(

(Is the Dark One intended to be YA anyway?)

Edited by Herowannabe

On 10/31/2017 at 1:03 PM, podman36 said:

... which means it is obviously Death by Pizza!

Callbacks to 2010 of all things.

@BrandSanderson

Over 50% on the secret project, which I'm going to give the unofficial title "Death by Pizza!" No, that won't be the final title.

10:47 PM - 7 Oct 2010

It wouldn't be too big a stretch to go from secret project to mystery project though.

4 hours ago, Ammanas said:

Here is a idea I don't think I have seen in the previous responses: could it be Wax and Wayne 4, but he is calling it a mystery project so he doesn't take away any hype for Oathbringer?

He has straight up said that he is toying around with a new concept for a YA story. Why can't people get that in their heads? The reason it's a mystery is because he doesn't know if the concept will work out.

4 hours ago, Brightlord Maelstrom said:

He has straight up said that he is toying around with a new concept for a YA story. Why can't people get that in their heads? The reason it's a mystery is because he doesn't know if the concept will work out.

I guess the reason why us simple folk can't get it through our heads is because I have never seen where he said that. I saw you mentioned it before, but did not provide a source. If you want people to "get that in their heads" you need to provide a source. Also I think many people would consider Mistborn era two young adult even if I am unsure that Brandon has made that leap.

Edited by Ammanas

11 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

I guess the reason why us simple folk can't get it through our heads is because I have never seen where he said that. I saw you mentioned it before, but did not provide a source. If you want people to "get that in their heads" you need to provide a source. Also I think many people would consider Mistborn era two young adult even if I am unsure that Brandon has made that leap.

I believe it is in this video at 1:23:00, though it's been a while since I listened to it, so I'm not totally sure.