Mystery Project in Sanderson's Status Bar

Exalted

On 10/27/2017 at 2:14 PM, OrangeJedi said:

Having read White Sand (the full draft version) I can easily see a squeal to White Sand, though I would be disappointed if it was only released as a graphic novel.

On 10/26/2017 at 6:04 PM, Angsos said:

Didn't he already state that if there was a sequel to White Sands that it would be in Graphic Novel form only?

Just now, Steelheart said:

Didn't he already state that if there was a sequel to White Sands that it would be in Graphic Novel form only?

I have no idea. I could see him saying that though. I personally loved the written (prose) version much better than the graphic novel (which I thought was confusing and explored less of the world) and so If there was any graphic novels beyond volume 3, I think that a text only/draft version would be very beneficial and pleasant to have.

5 minutes ago, Steelheart said:

That sounds right, but I dont know where I heard it. Brandon also changes his mind frequently, so nothing is set in stone.

On 10/28/2017 at 7:59 PM, Jonathon said:

I like how we're all debating and guessing at what this mystery project is going to be, and saying that you're disappointed because there's no longer a possibility for it to be this thing or this other thing. I mean honestly, we're acting like we wouldn't all drop about $100 dollars even if it were a ten page short story written in pig Latin.

If he didn't want us discussing the project, then he wouldn't have put it up with such an interesting name! If he had called it something boring like "Untitled Short Story", then it might not get as much interest.

5 hours ago, anna said:

If he didn't want us discussing the project, then he wouldn't have put it up with such an interesting name! If he had called it something boring like "Untitled Short Story", then it might not get as much interest.

I think you underestimate the Sanderfans and 17th Sharders. I can imagine it now...

"Oh my gosh, he's working on 'Untitled Short Story'! Okay, we know it's short, so it can't be Nightblood, Azlitanian, Dark One, SA 4, Mistborn Era 2 4,...

8 HOURS LATER

... which means it is obviously Death by Pizza! Wait, no, that's not right... let's try this again..."

Considering how fast it’s going my guess is a novella or a short book. Possibly a long short story, but it feels like that would be closer to 50%, since those usually go faster (I think.)

It could still be the Dark One, as that’s supposed to be YA. YA books tend to be shorter and more focused, but this probably just futile hoping.

On 10/28/2017 at 3:43 PM, podman36 said:

I doubt anyone will be able to guess what the mystery project is if he's

[never talked about it before]

We’ll never be able to guess it with that attitude!

Here’s my guess:

Patrick Rothfuss has finally decided to throw in the towel and give up on Kingkiller3, and instead has sold the rights to Brandon, and now Brandon will write all of KK3 in a couple months when Rothfuss couldn’t do it over the space of several years. ;)

Just now, The Invested Beard said:

Someone better have christmas lights made of spheres if this is a Christmas surprise. Either that or something like a christmas tree lighting ceremony but with Urithiru as the christmas tree.

With Dragons. Now that I've thought of Christmas Cosmere Dragons Im obsessed

@Steeldancer and @The Invested Beard I have the next song for your sound track.

O you better watch out, you better not cry, you better not shout I'm telling you why Santa Rayse is coming to town.

He sees you when you're ascending, he knows when you're a shard.

He hates you whether you are bad or good so call Hoid for goodness sake.

O you better watch out, you'd better not invest, you'd better run to Scadrial I'm telling you why Santa Rayse is coming to town.

Edited by Nathrangking