Shallan and Jam

Cloak

I was doing a reread with a few of my friends and we noticed that jam is mentioned in almost all Shallan chapters in The Way of Kings. May be it is used as a setup for what happened at the end of the book. But when the first time Shallan met Kabsal, she blurts out that she loves jam. It is not as if her love for jam later on in TWoR is because she was mooning over Kabsal. 

But oddly, jam is never mentioned again in WoR - it might be because of what happened at the end of TWoK. But still... jam is not even mentioned in her flashback chapters. At the rate with which she was mentioning jam in TWoK, it seems odd from BranSan that Shallan chapters never mention jam again in WoR. 

Edited by Cloak

Her flashbacks weren't exactly focused on the lighter parts of her life. 

And I don't know about you, but an attempt on my life through a poisoned food would sour me on that food. Add in her tendency to "forget" and I think not discussing jam again is just... Shallan. 

16 hours ago, Calderis said:

Her flashbacks weren't exactly focused on the lighter parts of her life. 

And I don't know about you, but an attempt on my life through a poisoned food would sour me on that food. Add in her tendency to "forget" and I think not discussing jam again is just... Shallan. 

Until pattern asks for her final truth!

Pattern: "Speak the truth..."

Shallan: "NO!"

Pattern: "Do it. You must. Remember..." 

Shallan: "I....I...I like JAM"

Radiant max level complete.  B) 

Amusing how truthberry jam, if it works as claimed, would be oh so very useful to a Lightweaver... oh Kabsal you jammy b*****d! CONCRETE proof that Kabsal is the true hero of the Stormlight archive. Confirmed. Unarguably correct.

• Chaos locked this topic