UK Oathbringer Tour - Forbidden Planet’s London Megastore 2017-11-28

Overlord Jebus

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:34 AM, Gavin-son-son-Odegard said:

Thanks @Mistbornwithakitty, that's good to know :) . I'm super excited :D

I am too!!!  I'll be the girl in the large crimson sweater, crazy colored hair, and looking rather nervous in the manga section.  Ready to finally meet some fellow Sharders!

@chx--Lol, I'm coming from Germany to go to this signing.  High-five fellow hardcore fan!  :P 

On 11/22/2017 at 11:38 AM, Mistbornwithakitty said:

I am too!!!  I'll be the girl in the large crimson sweater, crazy colored hair, and looking rather nervous in the manga section.  Ready to finally meet some fellow Sharders!

Awesome! I'll be sure to look out for you. Nobody among my family or friends are Brandon fans so it'll be nice to meet fellow fans in person finally :)

Oh and I'll be the short guy, dark hair, clean-shaven, with a black backpack and...I have no idea what I'll be wearing so i'm gonna keep you in suspense over that one :P

7 hours ago, rjl said:

Anyone know how long the line will be at a UK event - nervous that having it only be 1 hours long will mean lots of us not getting a chance to even reach the front of the line...

From what Brandon has said, they normally keep the store open for the signing for an extra hour or two so don't worry too much!

On 11/25/2017 at 4:58 PM, Ookla the Contradictory said:

I'll be there, but I have no idea what i'll be wearing. Probably a TeeTurtle t-shirt. What time is everyone getting there for?

Personally I'm gonna be there at least 4 hours early, maybe more. I don't know when the queue is officially starting but I'm not taking any risks. 

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, Ookla the Contradictory said:

I'll be there, but I have no idea what i'll be wearing. Probably a TeeTurtle t-shirt. What time is everyone getting there for?

Probably 45-an hour before.  I'm traveling with a friend, therefor I don't want to be there for an exhaustive amount of time.  But although Brandon has many readers, I don't think there are so many in London that it would take more than an hour.  Idk, maybe I'm wrong.   but I don't think there's any reason to worry. :D

43 minutes ago, Ookla the Stubborn said:

But although Brandon has many readers, I don't think there are so many in London that it would take more than an hour.  Idk, maybe I'm wrong.   but I don't think there's any reason to worry. :D

I don't know anything about the London crowd, but I think you'll be surprised :) You also have to keep in mind that London is neither too far nor too expensive for fans from other countries to fly in just for this event - which is something I am sure will happen a little bit.

52 minutes ago, Mistbornwithakitty said:

Probably 45-an hour before.  I'm traveling with a friend, therefor I don't want to be there for an exhaustive amount of time.  But although Brandon has many readers, I don't think there are so many in London that it would take more than an hour.  Idk, maybe I'm wrong.   but I don't think there's any reason to worry. :D

The last time I went for a Sanderson Signing in London there were maybe 100-200 people in the queue and it went on for a few hours! 

8 minutes ago, Argent said:

I don't know anything about the London crowd, but I think you'll be surprised :) You also have to keep in mind that London is neither too far nor too expensive for fans from other countries to fly in just for this event - which is something I am sure will happen a little bit.

Not just other countries but readers from the whole of South England will choose to go to the London signing instead of say Leeds or Glasgow.

7 hours ago, Argent said:

Then I stand corrected!  ^_^ Well, I'll be prepared for the line then.  Thanks for the info. :D 

I am wondering one thing ... though its more convenient for me to attend the signing in London.. won't traveling to an event that has an additional talk be better? Newcastle this Friday for example? I just feel like I want to meet Sanderson, get my book signed, but also listen to him at least give a small talk. Just standing in line for an hour or more to get a book signed seems.. not enough? 

Newcastle will probably be less packed than London. The SoS signing was pretty busy but I got a fairly close spot in line (and this was years ago so I can't remember what time I left for). I'll be in a TeeTurtle t-shirt and a slouch beanie so feel to drop me a fistbump/high-five or even a yarn/chat cause Harmony knows i need more Cosmere-versed friends/acquaintances!

Edited by Ookla the Contradictory

Well I'm on my way to Forbbiden Plaent. I'll be there in like half an hour to 40 minutes. I think. I wanted to be there a lot earlier but I overslept. Storms! I hope the queue isn't too crazy. I'll see you all - those who are coming at least - there.

ETA: @readergirl7, I got an email newsletter from Brandon last night, sent to those in/nearby the London area, and in it he said there's gonna be a reading and a Q&A as well in the London event.

Update: Ok I asked the staff at Forbbiden Planet and they say it's only gonna be a signing, so I'm not sure anymore. Also there's no queue as of yet.

Edited by Gavin-son-son-Odegard
Add response to readergirl7

1 hour ago, Gavin-son-son-Odegard said:

Well I'm on my way to Forbbiden Plaent. I'll be there in like half an hour to 40 minutes. I think. I wanted to be there a lot earlier but I overslept. Storms! I hope the queue isn't too crazy. I'll see you all - those who are coming at least - there.

ETA: @readergirl7, I got an email newsletter from Brandon last night, sent to those in/nearby the London area, and in it he said there's gonna be a reading and a Q&A as well in the London event.

Update: Ok I asked the staff at Forbbiden Planet and they say it's only gonna be a signing, so I'm not sure anymore. Also there's no queue as of yet.

I plan on arriving about 5-5:30, depending on tubes. Will be leaving just before 4

Just now, Gavin-son-son-Odegard said:

I already got my books signed, took a picture with Brandon and asked him a question, which reminds me should I post What I asked him and his answer hear?

You can certainly feel free to! Someone is recording this event, so we'll get a transcription eventually, but that's not stopping you from reporting what you learned if you want to.

1 hour ago, Kk- said:

I'm on my way home now from the signing, and also asked a question but (predictably I suppose) got RAFO'd.

Mine was:

Hide contents

Was Melishi bonded to the Sibling?

That was almost gonna be my question but last minute I changed it.

There were like 100 people when I got there but the queue moved quite quickly and it only took an hour but behind me the queue was snaking along corners so that by the end instead of telling people to go round the back the staff  were telling us to go a few streets along to get to the end.

I was so annoyed that they cancelled the reading but I do agree that the venue was a tad too small. Apparently my suggestion of Brandon standing on a nearby rooftop and shouting his gospel down from the heavens was "impractical" or whatever so the lady I talked to said that next time they'd try and get him a bigger venue. My question was

Spoiler

Me: If Dalinar forged a connection between Sja Anat and cultivation or honour or what have you- would she be able to corrupt a void spren to a normal spren?

Brandon: Hmmm.. maybe 

Me: What about a fused?

Brandon: With the fused it's almost the same because they're basically cognitive shadows but hmmm (while kinda wiggling his hands) maybe- I don't know how you'd write that on the forums but yeah

My friend: What's your favourite spren in the stormlight archive?

Brandon: That's like asking me to pick between my children- I'd probably say pattern at the moment

I had so much fun today and I can't believe how long I've gotta wait til I do it again