[OB] The parshendi future

Passion

In the words of radiance we are introduced to bits of the listner songs heading many chapters. The following bits caught my eye

chapter23

Nightform predicting what will be...as the gods did leave the nightform whispered

a new storm will come someday to break 

a new storm a new world to make

a new storm a new path to take the nightform listens

-listener song of spren 9th stanza

Then chapter 33

But it’s not imp. To blend

their surges to ours in the end

it has been promised it can come

or do we understand the sum

we q. Not if they can have us then but if we dare to have them again

- listener song if spren 10th stanza

Note the two blurbs are actually identified as being consecutive(9th and 10th stanza respectively)

chapter 34

Our gods...

but nightform speaks of future life 

a challenged champion. A strife even he must requite

So let’s put it to get her and this tells a number of things

1) the parshendi have prophecy’s that survived from nightform. Prophecies which tell of eventually managing to reverse their course and make things better. I personally suspect the entire purpose of the parshendi listeners who revolted against the unmade where influenced by their desire to sustain and preserve this peophecy

2) the pivotal event which will set this change up is the coming of a new storm. I take it this is the everstorm we have seen! So maybe not all listeners will end up voidbringers-hope yet remains!(at least for the long term)

3) they can ultimately end up combining their forms with surgebinding...hmm so it does sound like they can bond spren just like a radient(unless I’m misreading this and their forms of power alone which come with surgebinding powers our what’s being combined- I prefer to think even forms of power are all including in “our surgebinding” and theirs is radiency)

4) that last bit about a challenged champion and strife even odium must requite is gibberish to me. I want victorious champion or defeated champion this I can interpret but what does challenges champion mean? Strife he must requite, huh? No idea what it means but it sure sounds like a hint about the ending...

anyhow please dont don’t hesitate to bash this post or anything I really wanna hear what some other pple think!

It should be interesting to see how that prophesy works out. In fantasy, prophecies almost always come through (Wheel of Time, Mistborn) but sometimes in unexpected ways. 

I always like the twist where the prophecy is from the side of evil. 

Given the dark connotations of "nightform" it may not be a bright future that awaits them.

14 hours ago, Passion said:

Note the two blurbs are actually identified as being consecutive(9th and 10th stanza respectively)

So... you've misquoted the epigraphs.

The Nightform entry is from the Song of Secrets, Stanza 17.

Nightform predicting what will be,
The form of shadows, mind to forsee.
As the gods did leave, the nightform whispered.
A new storm will come, someday to break.
A new storm a new world to make.
A new storm a new path to take, the nightform listens.

—17th stanza[1]

This is the 9th and 10th Stanza of the Song of Spren.

The spren betrayed us, it's often felt.
Our minds are too close to their realm
That gives us our forms, but more is then
Demanded by the smartest spren,
We can't provide what the humans lend,
Though broth are we, their meat is men.
—9th stanza[1]
But it is not impossible to blend
Their Surges to ours in the end.
It has been promised and it can come.
Or do we understand the sum?
We questioned not if they can have us then,
But if we dare to have them again.
—10th stanza[2]

14 hours ago, Passion said:

1) the parshendi have prophecy’s that survived from nightform. Prophecies which tell of eventually managing to reverse their course and make things better. I personally suspect the entire purpose of the parshendi listeners who revolted against the unmade where influenced by their desire to sustain and preserve this peophecy

2) the pivotal event which will set this change up is the coming of a new storm. I take it this is the everstorm we have seen! So maybe not all listeners will end up voidbringers-hope yet remains!(at least for the long term)

3) they can ultimately end up combining their forms with surgebinding...hmm so it does sound like they can bond spren just like a radient(unless I’m misreading this and their forms of power alone which come with surgebinding powers our what’s being combined- I prefer to think even forms of power are all including in “our surgebinding” and theirs is radiency)

4) that last bit about a challenged champion and strife even odium must requite is gibberish to me. I want victorious champion or defeated champion this I can interpret but what does challenges champion mean? Strife he must requite, huh? No idea what it means but it sure sounds like a hint about the ending...

1) what is 'better'? nothing says it will be better. it says a new world will be made. This sounds like an evil prophecy promising destruction of a world in order to create a new one under a new vision. 

2) while ill agree that the new storm is probably the Everstorm, but where can you assume that the listeners wont end up voidbringers? I dont necessarily disagree, but i just dont see where to assume that from these quotes. 

3) id go with the thought about their bond being their form of surgebinding. not that they are going to somehow also gain the surges of humans

4) i think this requite just means that the Odium will be forced to return and to name his Champion. He wont be able to resist the challenge. 

Their surges to ours def. sounds like will end up with own powers and the radients powers!

i assume it means a better path bec. It’s called a new world. And the last quote about nightform speaks of new life and challenged Champion  also influenced me...the whole thing just sounds like a prophecy the listeners are preserving as favorable to them and of hope

• Argent changed the title to [OB] The parshendi future
  • Chaos locked this topic