Allomantic Superheroes

Kingsdaughter613

So, I've seen a few ideas crop up involving how certain Allomantic, Feruchemical and Twinborn power mixes basically mimic comic superheroes. So here is a thread for them!

The ones I've seen:

@Steeldancer I believe you were the one who realized that a combination of Feruchemical steel and  Feruchemical brass basically allows someone to be the Flash. To this I'll add Allomantic pewter, and note that the lower speed limit would make this closer to Quicksilver.

Someone - if you see this let me know, and I'll tag you - suggested that a blind Tin savant would be Daredevil.

@King Cole Suggested that a Lurcher would basically be Spider-Man. My thoughts: Feruchemical zinc to mimic the reflexes? Pewter medallion for the strength? 

My offering is an Allomantic pewter and Feruchemical steel twinborn with a steel medallion, because that would be the original Superman.

And on a totally random note, am I the only one who wants to see Alex Power read SA and do Windrunner stuff as a result? Because his power set should let him do that!

Feruchemical zinc would also allow you to calculate where you throw your web lines, much like Peter's spidersense does. 

I think Allomantic pewter would work better than Feruchemical iron; Peter has 'proportional strength' (we all love Stan Lee's inability to understand how this works, don't we?) and can move faster than most people. But he still weighs the same...

9 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Feruchemical zinc would also allow you to calculate where you throw your web lines, much like Peter's spidersense does. 

I think Allomantic pewter would work better than Feruchemical iron; Peter has 'proportional strength' (we all love Stan Lee's inability to understand how this works, don't we?) and can move faster than most people. But he still weighs the same...

No, the feruchemical iron is so that he can go weightless and swing farther and faster. I'm not trying to make a Peter Parker, just a powerset that would work for swinging around

Ah. But you wouldn't actually swing faster if you had less mass. You'd go slower. Calculating your weight and the correct angle works better. Basically, you want to weigh more on the down swing and less on the upward one. So Feruchemical iron is a bonus, but I think you'd need Zinc (or be a mathematical savant) to calculate all the factors as you are moving. Having more power when pushing off also allows you to go faster, which Allomantic pewter supplies. 

Peter's spidersense lets him do this on instinct. When he's been without it he's missed his jumps.

Allomantic pewter is needed to prevent you from dislocating your shoulders. And breaking the bones in your arm and, probably, neck. (Remember Gwen?) The forces involved are tremendous. There is a reason comic Spidey can take a hit from the Hulk.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

- Pewter Compounder = The Hulk. You get this from F-Pewter on its own but the compounding makes it something you could do regularly, without having to spend huge amounts of time storing in order to get the 'hulking out' effect we see Sazed do in Well of Ascension.

- Brass Compounding might get you a low-level Human Torch but we don't know enough about the mechanics of tapping large amounts of heat, just small quantities. You'd need medallions granting A-Steel and/or Iron and nearby metal sources to replicate the flight.

- Zinc Compounder + A-Pewter = Batman. The Pewter gets you to his incredible physical prowess while F-Zinc gets you his mental agility and A-Zinc can be used to scare the pants off of people, replicating his intimidation factor. And to make it closer to Batman, you'd still need this allomantic superhero to train themselves because A-Pewter and F-Zinc on their own aren't useful if you don't have the skills and understanding to make effective use of them.

- Gold Compounder + A/F-Tin = Wolverine. You can't really replicate the adamantium skeleton or the claws with the metallic arts alone but those get you his healing factor and senses at least. To really make Metallic Arts Wolverine you'd need a kandra, who could manage the metal skeleton and concealed blades (see: MeLaan in BoM) and you could give them a spike for either form of Tin to get the super-senses.

49 minutes ago, SilverTiger said:

Iron & Steel Misting is basically Magneto.

Not really. Magneto can manipulate the entire magnetic spectrum. He can create wormholes. He can create nigh impenetrable shields. He can control the force of Magnetism. He can create EMPs. He can manipulate the electromagnetic bonds in objects allowing him control over non-metallic substances. He can channel Earth's electromagnetic field through his body. He is so attuned to Earth's magnetic field he is always aware of his exact location. He actively uses said energies to sustain himself. Oh, and he has latent psychic abilities - hey Marvel! Did you forget that?! Again?! (Shouts at comic writers.) 

Basically,  Magneto can do WAY more than manipulate metal. That's why he's awesome!!!

While I'm not actually the first one to realize the potential of a steel compounder with edgedancer powers, I'm the first one to name it and come up with a symbol (the full one is in my profile page). However, they wouldn't need Pewter. Because they become dense enough to deal with the stress of high speeds, aside from the friction part, which is eliminated by the abrasion surge. 

3 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Ah. But you wouldn't actually swing faster if you had less mass. You'd go slower. Calculating your weight and the correct angle works better. Basically, you want to weigh more on the down swing and less on the upward one. So Feruchemical iron is a bonus, but I think you'd need Zinc (or be a mathematical savant) to calculate all the factors as you are moving. Having more power when pushing off also allows you to go faster, which Allomantic pewter supplies. 

But, you can think faster and manipulate your weight in any way neccassary

22 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

While I'm not actually the first one to realize the potential of a steel compounder with edgedancer powers, I'm the first one to name it and come up with a symbol (the full one is in my profile page). However, they wouldn't need Pewter. Because they become dense enough to deal with the stress of high speeds, aside from the friction part, which is eliminated by the abrasion surge. 

Yes, but this thread is dealing with the metallic arts only.

@King Cole That's why you need zinc - to calculate. Iron is a bonus ability; useful, not essential.

58 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Yes, but this thread is dealing with the metallic arts only.

@King Cole That's why you need zinc - to calculate. Iron is a bonus ability; useful, not essential.

*looks at what board we're on* right, didn't see that. Kind of hopped over directly from my notifications lol.

That being said, I'm not sure pewter would eliminate friction. It might increase their bodies ability to not burst into flames somewhat, but I'm not sure its quite enough to make a difference..

1 minute ago, Steeldancer said:

That being said, I'm not sure pewter would eliminate friction. It might increase their bodies ability to not burst into flames somewhat, but I'm not sure its quite enough to make a difference..

It wouldn't make a difference, Gold would help though.

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

That's why you need zinc - to calculate. Iron is a bonus ability; useful, not essential

Technically, Zinc wouldn't be neccassary at all, you could just pull on a building and go that way. It would be completely different from Spiderman using webs. But F-iron would help a lot. Especially from keeping property damage low...

Actually, my thought was that pewter would help you withstand the Gforces. Those can be problematic too! As someone who has been in a NASA simulater (years ago, on a vacation) I can tell you that it is not easy. You may even need Gasper abilities; the pressure makes it very hard to breathe.

True about the iron. But you mentioned swinging, which iron doesn't do.

• Chaos locked this topic