Mid-Range Game 25: Lowborn Intrigue

TheMightyLopen

12 minutes ago, Sart said:

In my opinion, it's better to trust your scans rather than doubt them. It's statistically rare to be corrupted in the early cycles, so try to build up a trusted group.

I’m of the same opinion as Sart, and indeed, doing so increases their likelihood of contacting a Surgeon’s Apprentice and scanning them early, which will allow them to increase the trusted list for longer.

I’m afraid I’m in very poor physical health right now, and am completely burnt out. I shall endeavour to be as active as possible, but would warn you all at this stage that my activity will not be close to the level I’ve maintained in other recent games.

• Alvron locked this topic

Ok hoping to be more active this game.

Also, since the the guardsman uses their ability at night, I assume they can't be used to protect from the lynch. 

2 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

According to my read of the surgeon, even a non-poisoned player will get the message that they have become "not poisoned" for a day.

GMs confirm or deny?

2 hours ago, randuir said:

That would be unfortunate, but good catch either way.

So we can't really find out if we were poisoned or not before being healed by the surgeon.

Edited by Megasif

2 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

According to my read of the surgeon, even a non-poisoned player will get the message that they have become "not poisoned" for a day.

GMs confirm or deny?

You're right.

2 minutes ago, Megasif said:

Ok hoping to be more active this game.

Also, since the the guardsman uses their ability at night, I assume they can't be used to protect from the lynch. 

You're also right.

Oh wow, secret roles. Didn't notice that when reading the rules.

Some roles may not necessarily be included.

Well, this will be interesting at the very least. Anybody have an inkling of what these roles may be? The wording here also seems to imply that the villagers as well as the elims can have these.

Also, @Straw:

Of course, being as secretive and sneaky as possible, the Spies may also hold any of the following roles.

The spies can have roles we know of. They don't necessarily have a secret role.

Edited by Eternum

32 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Some roles may not necessarily be included.

I sort of read that as "some of the roles listed might not actually appear in-game" but I suppose your interpretation works as well.

EDIT: Wait actually, Straw said "No one in the spy team has a role we know of." That's a much more specific statement than "secret roles exist."

I'm not sure I follow.

Edited by Drake Marshall

Oh, I do suppose it could be that. But what reason would there be to list the roles and then not include them?

EDIT: Yeah Straw's post kinda confused me because I figured, from the rules, that everyone can either have an ordinary role or a secret role.

Edited by Eternum

As the bridge crew was slowly waking up and a few of them had wandered out of the barracks, one of those still remaining in bed suddenly started thrashing around. The others watched as he finally went still, face flat on the ground.

"Should we get help?" one of the new members asked quietly.

"Who's going to help us?" another answered in a gruff voice. "We're bridgemen. Dying's what we do. Don't matter if it's in here or out there."

"What do you think happened to him?" someone else chimed in.

"Can't see why it matters. Maybe he choked on his breakfast, or someone wouldn't shut up with the questions so he killed himself."

As a few of the bridge crew members gathered around the dead man, one of them turned the body over and they all stepped back. His body was covered in strange spots, and there was blood leaking out of his mouth.

"He's been poisoned," one of them whispered.

The room went silent as they all considered why anyone would want to poison a bridgeman of all people? And more importantly, was one of them next?

No more PM's! You have 24 hours to decide on a lynch.

BrightnessRadiant has received the Unremarkable vote!

ora_1508900400.png

Player list:

Spoiler

1. Darkness (Nuatoma Akihiko)
2. Randuir (Tenodin)
3. Straw (An Explosive Gerbil)
4. Brightness Radiant (undecided)
5. Hemalurgic Headshot (Kurt Barnacles)
6. Jondesu (Div)
7. Sami (Reddathan)
8. Roadwalker (Silver Feather)
9. Drake Marshall (Pashul)
10. Lemonelon (Ellenie)
11. StrikerEZ (Ardenal)
12. Walin (Nerkel)
13. Arinian (blank)
14. Sart (Mortago)
15. Megasif (Kohl)
16. OrlokTsubodai (Locke Tekiel)
17. Manukos (manukosokunam)
18. Eternum (Deral)
19. Shqueeves (Melb)
20. Joe in a Bush (Jost Joslin)

Aww, poor BR, all she wanted was the gun :P (Don't worry if you don't get the joke lol)

I honestly don't know what to say right now, I just decided I might as well post since I was on and why not? I'm kind of tired though, so no analysis of roles or anything yet. And I'm too tired to RP. 

Nerkel washed dishes. He made a few bubbles with some soap, dirt and water and said they were foodspren. A cook saw what he was doing and put him to polishing. To amuse himself silently, he tried aiming metal dishes at commanding officers and making faces. A soldier turned and saw that, too, and whacked him in the gut.

I guess that’s good it stopped before a lighteyes saw it and took me to my grave, Nerkel remarked. I just need to do something amusing, yet unnoticeable. He decided to think up a joke to tell the other bridgemen when they were done. When he got back to the barracks after dinner, he unleashed what he had created.

”Hey guys, what happens when you get a rock and throw it into the chasms?”

“... Some peace and quiet?” A bridgeman asked, somewhat sarcastically.

“Well, yeah, actually. I didn’t think you’d get that one.” Nerkel smiled and sat down, glad to have told one stupid joke between becoming a bridgeman and dying. Hopefully he could avoid getting in trouble tomorrow long enough to think of a good one.

Summary of Night 0 PM's:

Darkness_: Very little game content, no read gathered.

Walin: He wanted to bluff that he was an eliminator on day 1, but was convinced otherwise. offered me a role exchange without prompting, has made anti PM Codes with people. Overall read is that of a villager.

Eternum: Doesn't want to die, doesn't have a plan. Seems like a villager.

Sart: Openly said he wasn't paying attention to the game yet. No read

Shqueeves: Neither of us made any attempt to discuss the game. No read.

Randuir: Doesn't want to be taken in by evil Orlok again, extremely against Role swapping. Strongest village read so far.

JondesuOffered me a roleswap right off the bat. Didn't bother to tell me his alignment since he had no proof. Strongest Eliminator read, though it is a tenuous one.

Straw: Apologised for not responding earlier. No read. (You never did get back to me)

Arinian: The only player to read my PM to him, but not respond to it. No read.

Manukos: Agreed with Randuir's post about, though added that his post is something an eliminator might make. Not sure how I read him.

Megasif: Surprised that the game had started. Nothing else said. No read.

Drake: Hasn't made any plans yet. very little said. No read.

Orlok: Plans on taking the game easy. No read.

StrikerEz: Didn't know his role while we were pm'ing. he had to look it up. I read mine as soon as I got mine. I would lynch him for that, since it is possible that he was distracted by a doc link. Eliminator read.

Roadwalker, Sami, and Brightness Radiant: Never read their PM's, though Road and BR have since.

4 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Aww, poor BR, all she wanted was the gun :P (Don't worry if you don't get the joke lol)

Do spies have a doc and can i have the gun? =P

Ellenie watched her fellow bridge crew. She was eyeing them up, looking for her next dose of the Thrill. Div and Locke saw her looking and quickly shuffled away. They had heard of her reputation it seems. At that point Nerkel arrived back from his duty. Thinks he can get away with stupid jokes? She walked up to him and set herself down daintily. "Fancy an arm wrestle?"

I guess I may as well vote for Jondesu as well since I forgot to PM very many people last night anyway, so I don't have any reads on anyone.

Also, I'd like to mention that I knew my role when I was PMing Joe, I just forgot what it did, and I didn't learn until after I'd PM'd Joe a couple times because I got distracted with catching up on the LG and the signup posts I had missed in this game.

I'll probably have a bigger post up in a couple of hours, but I just wanted to but in on the current trend to vote Jondesu based on him offering a role-swap right off the bat. Both Joe and Walin offered to do role-swaps with me. Walin in his first Pm to me, but Joe in a more pushy way by immediately revealing his role to me without first checking if I wanted to do a swap, which could be a tactic to try and guilt me into revealing my own role. Both these offers came after I'd posted in the thread that I recommend extreme caution whit sharing roles with others this game.

What I'm trying to say here is that Jondesu offering to do a role-swap isn't a unique occurrence, and the fact that he didn't include his alignment seems quite reasonable for the reasons he apparently stated. Of course, I don't have access to the PM between Joe and Jondesu, so it could quite easily be that Jondesu said some other things that made Joe suspicious. However, with the information currently shared I don't really see a reason to vote on Jondesu, and I'm quite surprised how quickly some other people voted on him.

Edited by randuir

22 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

@randuir, am I correct in thinking, then, that Joe voting on Jondesu for an action he had also taken himself?

It seems so. The distinction would be that Joe didn't immediately ask for a role-swap, but first discussed some other things with me in our PM.