Mid-Range Game 25: Lowborn Intrigue

TheMightyLopen

Well then. I spend some time away and it seems like everyone is pointed at me. Wow.

Yes, I know my activity has been depressingly low, and I'm sorry for that. My schedule will only get busier, so this is alright.

So how is your luck? Should I try to defend myself? Should I try to shift the vote? Who would I choose, and how could I get three votes off of me? Of course I want to stay alive, and win, but how could I?

@Drake Marshall It is time for the final stand. Arinian. I think you have been cleverly avoiding blame, and BR certainly thinks you are a Villager. I disagree.

@Hemalurgic_Headshot wait who do I think is a villager? Drake or Arin?

Edit: I'm pretty sure that either you or Arinian are the elim and maybe the last one we're looking for. How have you not died to the inactivity filter? Have you had any pms with anyone in the last two cycles?

@Arinian same question. Have you pm'd anyone?

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

18 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

@Arinian same question. Have you pm'd anyone?

I have PM only with you :P 

1 hour ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

@Drake Marshall It is time for the final stand. Arinian. I think you have been cleverly avoiding blame, and BR certainly thinks you are a Villager. I disagree.

I don't understand what you want to say? "Avoiding blame", you mean that I should be lynched for participation in mislynches? 

Edited by Arinian

Okay just checked back through a few cycles. Arinian did help us lynch Mega and he's been active enough in thread to not die to inactivity so I'm not suspicious about the possibility of him only being active in a doc. I'm gonna keep my vote on HH. I think it's our best chance.

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

36 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Perhaps you can reconsider, Drake?

Very well. I resolved that I would relent on my course if you made a second post.

HH

Now. Give me a few minutes; I’ll be back again soon.

Edited by Drake Marshall
FINALLY got the color working

25 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Um..we have to lynch one or the other. @Drake Marshall ? You only retracted your vote?

I’m sorry; I was confused about something, second guessing myself, and generally rather making a fool of myself.

HH was actually somewhat active in PM communication with me the other night, and gave me a somewhat compelling case against Arin. I’ve been flip-flopping my opinion since then.

But, now that I think about it, I believe my original conclusions were correct. I’m 96% certain that HH is indeed an elim.

HH, if I’m wrong about this I am deeply sorry. But... I am more sure about this than I have been for the last few lynches.

Sorry to have responded so late in the cycle... I expected to be back sooner.

Spoiler

I can’t seem to delete this spoiler tab.

Night 8:

*considering this was a very close vote, we don't have a write-up prepared, so come back tomorrow*

HH was lynched! He was a Spy Worldsinger!

HH(3): BR, Sami, Drake
Arinian(2): HH, Arinian

PM's are open.

blu_1510286400.png

Player list:

Spoiler

1. Darkness (Nuatoma Akihiko) Unlucky Unremarkable
2. Randuir (Tenodin) Unlucky Assassin
3. Straw (An Explosive Gerbil) Unlucky Worldsinger
4. Brightness Radiant (undecided)
5. Hemalurgic Headshot (Kurt Barnacles) Spy Worldsinger
6. Jondesu (Div) Tough Unlucky Con Artist
7. Sami (Reddathan)
8. Roadwalker (Silver Feather) Unlucky Unremarkable
9. Drake Marshall (Pashul)
10. Lemonelon (Ellenie) Unlucky Eavesdropper
11. StrikerEZ (Ardenal) Tough Unlucky Surgeon's Apprentice
12. Walin (Nerkel) Unlucky Eavesdropper
13. Arinian (blank)
14. Sart (Mortago) Unlucky Worldsinger
15. Megasif (Kohl) Tough Spy Con Artist
16. OrlokTsubodai (Locke Tekiel) Unlucky Eavesdropper
17. Manukos (manukosokunam) Unlucky Unremarkable
18. Eternum (Deral) Unlucky Con Artist
19. Shqueeves (Melb) Unlucky Surgeon's Apprentice
20. Joe in a Bush (Jost Joslin) Spy Eavesdropper

Yeah that doesn't make sense to me either. They could have won this cycle if they'd bandwagoned their target and then killed a villager tonight. It was 3 village to 2 elim last cycle apparently and if they'd lynched a villager and then night killed one this cycle it would be 2 elim to 1 village and they'd have won. There must have been some sort of miscommunication among the elim team or they just didn't realize they could've won.

1 hour ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Yeah that doesn't make sense to me either. They could have won this cycle if they'd bandwagoned their target and then killed a villager tonight. It was 3 village to 2 elim last cycle apparently and if they'd lynched a villager and then night killed one this cycle it would be 2 elim to 1 village and they'd have won. There must have been some sort of miscommunication among the elim team or they just didn't realize they could've won.

Well, I probably last Unremarkable in the game but I don't know if I poisoned(cause I never used my ability). Should I vote for Sami?

Day 9:

Vendel handed the Spy a vial. "Try this one next," he said, grinning. "I imagine you'll find the results fascinating."

The Spy took the vial and slipped it into their pocket quickly. They hurried back to their barracks to administer the poison to one of the other bridgemen.

Or rather, they gave it to BR, and she didn't really fit the bridgeMAN thing too well. Regardless, she would probably be the last of her kind, because when the bridgemen found her in the morning, she was an interesting shade of green.

Reddathan, Pashul, and Arinian looked between themselves. One of them had to have done it...but which one?

BrightnessRadiant was killed! She was a Unlucky Unremarkable!

PM's are closed. There is no Unremarkable vote.

gra_1510372800.png

Player list:

Spoiler

4. Brightness Radiant (undecided) Unlucky Unremarkable
5. Hemalurgic Headshot (Kurt Barnacles) Spy Worldsinger
7. Sami (Reddathan)
9. Drake Marshall (Pashul)
13. Arinian (blank)

2 hours ago, Arinian said:

@Drake Marshall I'm not sure, but probably you want to vote. Cause you know... we can lose.

Yes, you are correct.

After some deliberation, I am quite certain that I choose Sami.

I suppose there's not much left to say. 'Tis a shame.

Edited by Drake Marshall

Aftermath:

"It's down to us, Pashul," Arin said urgently. 

"No, Pashul! We need to get Arin," panicked Reddathan. 

"Sorry, Red," Pashul apologized. 

Arin punched Red, knocking him out. 

"I'll do it," Pashul affirmed. He took out his knife, and slit Red's throat. 

Arin let out a sigh. "We did it," he breathed, sitting down. 

"Yes. I did." Pashul stated flatly. 

Arin turned. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all."

Arin suddenly understood. "Oh, STORMS! It was you this entire time!"

Pashul's knife entered Arin's eye. Pashul sighed as Arin gurgled.

"I had to end this. Ialai's instructions, I'm afraid. Have to clean up the whole mess, and I get my freedom."

Pashul walked over to Arin, and finished ramming the thrown knife into his head. One more thing to do. 

---

"You did as instructed?" Vendel asked. They had met by the scenic chasm side. 

"Yes I did. Ialai is pleased with the performance of your poisons." Pashul stated.

Vendel frowned. "Since when do you have the authority to speak for Ialai?"

"Because I was never yours. She, unfortunately, does not like your particularly... brash methods."

Vendel's eyes widened in fear, and then he lunged at Pashul. But Pashul was prepared. He splashed the nastiest poison into Vendel's face. Vendel reared back, and moaned in pain. 

"That's why I helped kill your agents. For my freedom."

Vendel screamed, holding his face, which was turning purple. It also was spreading to his hands as he held his face. 

Pashul grew sick of looking at the man. So he kicked him- still screaming- into the convenient chasm.

"Good riddance. Disgusting man.:

---

"You have earned your freedom, Pashul. Welcome to my personal retinue of spies."

Ialai smiled at her newest- and possibly most faithful- agent. 

---

The unusual tragedy of Bridge 11 was put down to an illness.  

Gaz reformed the Bridge from new "recruits" the very next day. 

They never did realize how much blood had been shed in those barracks. 

Sami was lynched! She was a Unlucky Guard!

The Spies have won! Especially Drake! :P

In case anyone hadn't heard, Drake was a secret eliminator role. His primary goal was still to help his team outnumber the village, but he also needed to survive and help kill one of his teammates. His role was labeled "IaIai's Chosen" but he was really just a Tough Unremarkable. I really didn't think he'd help kill all of his teammates, but it worked out in the end, so hopefully the other eliminators won't be too upset at me for giving them a traitor of sorts. :P

Great game everyone! I hope you all enjoyed playing. I know I had a lot of fun.

Once again, a huge thank you to Steeldancer for all of the great write-ups. It was a big help, and I think the write-ups made the game a lot better.

Oh, and here are the links to the docs:

Spy doc
Dead doc

Player list:

Spoiler

4. Brightness Radiant (undecided) Unlucky Unremarkable
5. Hemalurgic Headshot (Kurt Barnacles) Spy Worldsinger
7. Sami (Reddathan) Unlucky Guard
9. Drake Marshall (Pashul) Ialai's Chosen
13. Arinian (blank) Unlucky Unremarkable

Edited by TheMightyLopen

GG Drake xD @Drake Marshall

I honestly trusted you way more than I should have, but I always had a bad feeling in my gut that I couldn't get rid of and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. xD I was so convinced that you or Rand had to be an elim, but then you really fooled me after you outed Megasif and claimed Merchant. Well played. :P

I really enjoyed getting to come back and be active in this game and thank you to @TheMightyLopen and @Steeldancer for doing a great job! :D

@randuir One of these days we'll get our elim team yet. lol

Well. That was an unusual game.

I've always wanted to make it as an elim. Guess fourth times a charm? Lord knows I made some mistakes in this game though (my biggest one was diverging from the original plan, and deciding to poison Randuir last second... my second biggest was probably using the unremarkable vote against myself on the day of the bridge run, and nearly getting myself killed). Still a good run. I hope I kept the spec doc entertained, in the least.

The moral of the story, I think, is...

Never be a dead goose in a bush!!!! Paranoia is your friend.

In any case:

Congratulations to @TheMightyLopen and @Steeldancer for putting on a very well run game.

Congratulations to @randuir for sustaining the activity of the game so long. That sort of thing is extremely valuable.

Congratulations to @BrightnessRadiant for, at one point, correctly guessing the entire elim team. if it weren't for an unexpected twist, you would have carried the village to victory a long time ago.

Congratulations to @StrikerEZ for coming the closest to killing me.

And, finally, apologies to my teammates. I'm generally not a fan of bussing that hard, and I still have doubts about the course of action I took. I had two plans drawn up: one for an efficient fulfillment of my win con, and one to kill off everybody. Throughout the game, I was pretty conflicted about it, and in the end, I just flipped a coin. I hope you will forgive me somewhat, because your sacrifice did ensure your victory, but still... It would have been difficult to anticipate what I was doing before it was too late, and so I am sorry.

Also, I was gonna put this RP up like a minute before last cycle ended... Except then I had Fall Formal tonight, so... Better late then never, right?

Pashul sat alone in the barracks of bridge 11. He glanced around briefly to ensure that there were no observers. There were none, of coarse; the barracks were effectively deserted. Satisfied, he set his pack on the barracks' solitary table, searching for a jar of ink among vials of poison. After a few seconds, he produced a small scrap of paper, pen, and inkwell, and laid them out across the face of the table. He dipped the pen in the ink, and began:

Greetings to the most honorable Brightness Ialai,
       I report to inform you that your assigned task has been completed. I have made sure to do a very thorough job of it. Bridge 11 has been dismantled, and a series of unfortunate accidents have killed off all of Vendel's other spies. It is my hope that my work was performed acceptably well. In the least, I hope I will no longer be assigned to the bridge crews, as I seem to have destroyed this particular one. But I will, as always, defer to your wisdom on this matter.

Agent 404, signing off.

Pashul rapped his pen on the edge of the inkwell twice, stowed his writing equipment, and folded up the note. It would not do to leave his writing supplies in plain sight. Literacy was uncommon among men in these parts, but he wasn't about to make his report in glyphs. Finished, Pashul stood and walked out of the bridgecrew barracks, not looking back.