TheMightyLopen

Mid-Range Game 25: Lowborn Intrigue

434 posts in this topic

I am present, alive and kicking!!! 

I've barely done anything this SE except for the occasional PM. So really, really, really, really sorry about that.

If I have enough time I'll go over the backlog and stuff and try to catch up :ph34r: 

Yeah I've had pms from all 3 of those players semi-recently so I'd say they're at least getting on. If the elims are the inactives, I don't think it's fair for them to be putting in actions without commenting in thread at all. Unless mega was the only elim putting in actions. If so, I feel bad for him that his team was inactive.

I was sorta leaning village on darkness because of Mega throwing doubt on him, but I think it's possible Mega knew he was outed and therefore tried to get his teammate trusted by adding him in with me as his "suspicions" right before he died and flipped elim. Not sure if he'd do this to his seemingly only active elim teammate, but he might if he was trying to mess with our reads heh.

Personally, I didn't get the whole pushing so hard for Straw idea and was leaning elim on Darkness until mega questioned him about his vote switch one cycle, asking why he no longer was voting Straw, which made me trust Mega more. Also, Darkness said he'd switched to not voting on Straw for the reasons I gave basically. But theeeen the Merchant told me he'd scanned Mega as elim and I was like okayyy so...hm xD. So then I went back to trusting Darkness until bam! very next cycle he's voting on Straw again.....well xD

So, now I'm thinking either Darkness just had a really bad case of paranoia against one person, or he's an elim. xD Darkness

Crispy Gerbil, I'm going to be honest and say my brother gave me that particular idea. :P

4 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Crispy Gerbil, I'm going to be honest and say my brother gave me that particular idea. :P

Made me laugh xD I was expecting him to explode lol

2 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Made me laugh xD I was expecting him to explode lol

I was trying to work out the logistics of that, but I couldn't figure out why a person would blow up. Burning is the best I got, sorry ;)

Just now, Steeldancer said:

I was trying to work out the logistics of that, but I couldn't figure out why a person would blow up. Burning is the best I got, sorry ;)

Haha was he a person tho? Or just an explosive gerbil lolol :ph34r:

Well. It looks like our assassin is doing some good work. That's two elims down... Personally I'd guess 3-4 total, so we should have some breathing room.

Not gonna lie to you, I was also wondering about Darkness.

His tunneling on Straw confuses me. Straw has been one of my stronger village reads since he swapped the vote on Joe day 1. I know it's not really very much to go off of... But I'd say of the active players, Darkness is definitely the one I most suspect.

Also, his remark about "you can lynch me, but I'll be watching to see who tries it" kind of gives me a bad vibe. It kind of feels like a threat to people who suspect him.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Darkness is the only remaining active elim, and that 1 of the 3 less active players (Sami, Shqueeves, and HH) is also an elim. I wholly agree with Randuir that we need to look closely at those 3.

Hmmm that aside I realize I haven't done RP recently. I should do that today, I think.

Anyways, back later.

Edited by Drake Marshall

12 hours ago, randuir said:

The inactives are @Sami, @Shqueeves and @Hemalurgic_Headshot.

Well I saw Shqueeves checking thread atleast couple times.

And I agree with lynch on DA, he was my second suspect for elim(even if I'm not stated that). His move with Straw looked suspicious for me. DA.

Also now I trust you :P

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I've been studying this morning and had a dungeons and Dragons session in the late afternoon/evening, leaving me with relatively little time for the game. I'll add my vote on DA, for the reasons I outlined earlier.

This'll also be my last post for today, and depending on the circumstances I might not be very responsive tomorrow, as I'll have my last exam for this quarter then.

Night 7

He only had one option left. The remainder of the bridge crew was chasing him. He had to run. Run as far away as he could. Perhaps he could manage to escape away from this death trap.

He crept around a building, eyeing the road that led out of the War camp. There were soldiers patrolling, if not very many. But they would most certainly question him about what he was up to. 

Unfortunately, he didn't have much time. He could hear his bridge somewhere behind him, looking for him. If the soldiers got even a whiff of him and went on alert, he would die. Probably get strung up in the next highstorm or just get killed on the spot. But he couldn't live any longer in this mess. People were dying of poison like chulls in a whitespine den. It was all sorts of bad. He needed to escape.

So he ran. 

A minute. 2 minutes. Out of the warcamp. Had he escaped? 

"UMPH!"

The man groaned as he was stabbed by a spearman, a guard who had been alerted. 

The man had a minute to consider whether this was a better death by poison. Perhaps, it would have just been a better idea to never have done that lighteyed woman. 

Darkness was lynched! He was a Unlucky Unremarkable!

Darkness(4): BR, Drake, Arinian, randuir

PM's are open.

bla_1510113600.png

Player list:

Spoiler

1. Darkness (Nuatoma Akihiko) Unlucky Unremarkable
2. Randuir (Tenodin)
3. Straw (An Explosive Gerbil) 
Unlucky Worldsinger
4. Brightness Radiant (undecided)
5. Hemalurgic Headshot (Kurt Barnacles)
6. Jondesu (Div) 
Tough Unlucky Con Artist
7. Sami (Reddathan)
8. Roadwalker (Silver Feather) 
Unlucky Unremarkable
9. Drake Marshall (Pashul)
10. Lemonelon (Ellenie) 
Unlucky Eavesdropper
11. StrikerEZ (Ardenal) Tough Unlucky Surgeon's Apprentice
12. Walin (Nerkel) Unlucky Eavesdropper
13. Arinian (blank)
14. Sart (Mortago) 
Unlucky Worldsinger
15. Megasif (Kohl) Tough Spy Con Artist
16. OrlokTsubodai (Locke Tekiel) Unlucky Eavesdropper
17. Manukos (manukosokunam) Unlucky Unremarkable
18. Eternum (Deral) Unlucky Con Artist
19. Shqueeves (Melb)
20. Joe in a Bush (Jost Joslin) 
Spy Eavesdropper

It's quite quiet in here. Then again, I'm not entirely certain what there's to say at this point. I hope that, since Darkness wasn't an elim, that means that there aren't any active elims left, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much regarding that.

If I die tonight, I think some attention should be turned towards Sami or Arin. I'm not particularly suspicious of either, but I'm even less suspicious of BR and Drake, and I'd like to think that both Shqueeves and HH would be posting in the thread if they where going to be putting in kills. If they come back, everything's back up int the air, of course.

I'd put up a bit of RP, but most of the things I can come up with right now would require me to also rewrite the part I've send to the DM's to use if I die.

It is quiet, yes...

The numbers are dwindling... I suspect this one is going to be close.

I sort of thought lynching Darkness would have put us ahead.

I'd be down for some RP but I need to remember what I was doing with my character first.

I was busy with cleaning and organizing stuff today heh. I didn't feel like I had much to say that I hadn't already in previous cycles. I believe it's down to mostly inactive or completely inactive elims. Guess we'll see if any night kill gets put in.

Day 8

The remaining bridge crew sat grumpily around the barracks, looking despondent and bored. And yet many discussions happened quietly. 

Tenodin was once again debating whether he should kill someone. He pulled out his knife, and...

No. 

Yes? 

Maybe? 

Someone different? 

Maybe tomorrow?

Tenodin sat in indecision as he walked outside, continuing to think upon whether he should kill his target. 

Screams in the distance. 

Soldiers shouted. 

"WHITESPINE! SOMEONE LET THE WHITESPINE OUT!" yelled a voice in the distance. 

Soldiers were obviously mobilizing to take the creature down. But the screams were coming from a different part of the camps, so he was safe. 

He heard rustling behind him. Tenodin didn't even have a chance to scream as the whitespine ripped through him.

The whitespine then pounced on Melb, who just stood there, doing nothing. As the whitespine devoured the two, the bridge crew ran. 

Soldiers soon mobilized to the bridge crew barracks and recaptured the whitespine. Its cage had been opened, somehow. 

The other bridge crews whispered of the sudden bad luck of Bridge 11. A chasmfiend, and now a Whitespine only really attacked THEIR camp? What was going on?

--- 

Vendel glared at his spy. 

"A whitespine? Really?"

The slave shrugged. "I felt a bit of excitement was required. I used pheromones... very convenient, really."

"Don't pull something like that again. Draw too much attention to my operations, and I will end your pay, and you may find yourself as the subject of one of my experiments, at the hands of the others," Vendel threatened. 

"Whatever."

The spy returned to the crew, unnoticed. 

Randuir was killed! He was a Unlucky Assassin!
Shqueeves was killed for inactivity! He was a Unlucky Surgeon's Apprentice!

PM's are closed. There is no Unremarkable vote.

cya_1510200000.png

Player list:

Spoiler

1. Darkness (Nuatoma Akihiko) Unlucky Unremarkable
2. Randuir (Tenodin) Unlucky Assassin
3. Straw (An Explosive Gerbil) Unlucky Worldsinger
4. Brightness Radiant (undecided)
5. Hemalurgic Headshot (Kurt Barnacles)
6. Jondesu (Div) 
Tough Unlucky Con Artist
7. Sami (Reddathan)
8. Roadwalker (Silver Feather) 
Unlucky Unremarkable
9. Drake Marshall (Pashul)
10. Lemonelon (Ellenie) 
Unlucky Eavesdropper
11. StrikerEZ (Ardenal) Tough Unlucky Surgeon's Apprentice
12. Walin (Nerkel) Unlucky Eavesdropper
13. Arinian (blank)
14. Sart (Mortago) 
Unlucky Worldsinger
15. Megasif (Kohl) Tough Spy Con Artist
16. OrlokTsubodai (Locke Tekiel) Unlucky Eavesdropper
17. Manukos (manukosokunam) Unlucky Unremarkable
18. Eternum (Deral) Unlucky Con Artist
19. Shqueeves (Melb) Unlucky Surgeon's Apprentice
20. Joe in a Bush (Jost Joslin) Spy Eavesdropper

Just wandering in to say that the title of this Day is awesome. So is the writeup.

4 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Just wandering in to say that the title of this Day is awesome. So is the writeup.

I agree! (Steeldancer did both, btw :P)

Thanks 

People keep telling me I'm doing a good job with these...

Edited by Steeldancer

Oh snap >> we really didn't need that inactive death.

Well we lost our assassin which means that an elim is still putting in the kill. *sighhhhh 

I'm just gonna have to go with Arinian unless you have a good reason why you're not an elim. You're the only one left who's been semi active and I don't like to think a basically non existent elim in thread would be putting in the kills because it doesn't seem right. Rand told me he was going to hit HH last night, but I'm glad he didn't cuz if he'd been a villager the game would be over now. @Arinian please defend yourself if you're a villager because it's most likely 3 villagers to 1 or 2 elims rn and we lose if we lynch a villager today.

@Drake Marshall @Sami @Hemalurgic_Headshot It's down to us...please vote.

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

1 hour ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Oh snap >> we really didn't need that inactive death.

Well we lost our assassin which means that an elim is still putting in the kill. *sighhhhh 

I'm just gonna have to go with Arinian unless you have a good reason why you're not an elim. You're the only one left who's been semi active and I don't like to think a basically non existent elim in thread would be putting in the kills because it doesn't seem right. Rand told me he was going to hit HH last night, but I'm glad he didn't cuz if he'd been a villager the game would be over now. @Arinian please defend yourself if you're a villager because it's most likely 3 villagers to 1 or 2 elims rn and we lose if we lynch a villager today.

@Drake Marshall @Sami @Hemalurgic_Headshot It's down to us...please vote.

I don't have any way to protect myself cause all evidence against me is just how you interpret my actions. I know that I'm villager and I know that most of my suspicions were  wrong but it's usual for villagers to be wrong, isn't it? So there not more reasons for me to be elim then for you.

All what I can say look on how fast I voted for megasif when I have had pretty good base to vote on Rand again, but that all just IKYK.

@Arinian well technically I've been proven village by the scanner plus I helped lynch two elims so xD

You did switch to mega pretty quick, except he'd been outed by the scanner already. I'm trying to narrow down the suspicions and it's you or HH or both as far as I can tell.

Hmmmm so... Sorry I didn't show up earlier, but.

While Arinian is a legitimate suspect, I am actually a little more suspicious of HH. The inactivity filter just hit Shqueeves... Why didn't it hit HH? I would be willing to bet that he was active in the elim doc.

In any case, I think we should agree on somebody. I am prepared to switch my vote if the end of the cycle draws near and there is nobody leading in the lynch.

Until then,

-Drake

9 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Alright well, HH is my other suspicion and we have to agree to get this lynch through so, Arinian.

HH I hope we're right.

@Arinian @Sami @Hemalurgic_Headshot are y'all gonna vote?

Well I also hope that we right. HH.