Mid-Range Game 25: Lowborn Intrigue

TheMightyLopen

Ok, a person claiming to be a merchant contacted me tonight. They said that they had scanned me, BR, Striker, and Mefasif. They said that they were positive that they hadn't been poisoned. They claimed to have gotten village results for me, BR,and Striker, but a spy result for Megasif. I contacted BR to see if she had been contacted by the merchant too, and she had. So, I would suggest lynching Megasif today. If Megasif is an eliminator, we can continue to trust the merchant, but if Megasif is good, I'll reveal the name of the merchant and we can lynch them. Either way, we kill an eliminator.

20 minutes ago, Straw said:

Ok, a person claiming to be a merchant contacted me tonight. They said that they had scanned me, BR, Striker, and Mefasif. They said that they were positive that they hadn't been poisoned. They claimed to have gotten village results for me, BR,and Striker, but a spy result for Megasif. I contacted BR to see if she had been contacted by the merchant too, and she had. So, I would suggest lynching Megasif today. If Megasif is an eliminator, we can continue to trust the merchant, but if Megasif is good, I'll reveal the name of the merchant and we can lynch them. Either way, we kill an eliminator.

So megasif was the last to be scanned? If so, did he do an anti-poison check as I recomended?

Okay, there's 7 active people left. If there's 3 elims left and they are all active, then they could potentially get a majority if we mislynch today. However, if the assassin hasn't been poisoned yet(or if it's a poisoned guard), of if one of the inactives return, or if one of the inactives is an elim, it'll take them at least another turn, so I think we probably aren't dealing with a game ending play by the elims here.

Fair enough, I'll switch. Sami, Megasif.

@BrightnessRadiant, I assume you back up Straw's claim?

Edited by randuir

8 minutes ago, randuir said:

Okay, there's 7 active people left. If there's 3 elims left and they are all active, than they could potentially get a majority if we mislynch today. However, if the assassin hasn't been poisoned yet(or if it's a poisoned guard), of if one of the inactives return, or if one of the inactives is an elim, it'll take them at least another turn, so I think we probably aren't dealing with a game ending play by the elims here.

Fair enough, I'll switch. Sami, Megasif.

@BrightnessRadiant, I assume you back up Straw's claim?

Okay, Rand, Megasif. Not sure that I will be here to change my vote again.

3 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Hmmmmm... Let me sift through my thoughts a bit longer, and I'll try to cast a vote soon, with additional reasoning.

Well.

2 hours ago, Straw said:

I think I'm done sifting.

My gut was right, for once, assuming this merchant definitely isn't poisoned.

Megasif.

Edited by Drake Marshall

I thought I'd warrant a night kill this game but this is  also a pretty effective way. If it wasn't my head on the line, I guess I would jump on the vote as well.

This might not change much but I will leave some thoughts here. So how did this happen.

Either;

The scanner is poisoned; they say they have checked but the only way would be to double scan the player they scanned N1. 

Or;

The scanner PM is a very possible ploy by the elims. All they need is an inactive scanner and they already know the alignments of everyone. Adding striker in the list, which we all know the alignment of, is a good idea. It already makes us trust the list a little. Then we have BR and Straw on the list. BR has been trusting Straw for a while and has been clear about that read for a while.

I've had slight suspicions on BR since she returned from inactivity. It started when her reads list had me as suspicious. After all the talk about Joe trying to clear a teammate, a lot of suspicions went on straw and striker but in fact the one cleared the most was BR because of her first vote and the resulting lynch. And then she also trusts Straw completely from early on that he is village. I had village read on straw as well. Her interaction with Straw and Randuir shows me that there could be at least one elim in there. A Randuir/BR elim team seems unlikely. As I myself have been leaning village on Straw and Randuir, the conclusion I come to is that BR is an elim that has the trust of most of the village now. The scanner could very easily be a teammate that included her as a villager and would not lose too much in being a lynch target the next cycle as it would be too late because there are still 2-3 elims left to find.

Let's see what happens when I turn out to be a village:

Straw and BR know who the scanner is, so Straw reveals the scanner. In that case, it's an elim. He can't be guarded so will be lynched unless they're tough. If they're an elim, Straw will be hard cleared and BR as well. If the revealed person is lynched and they were village and a scanner, then they were poisoned. Straw and BR still cleared. 

If Straw dies during night, revealing he was a villager, BR's reads are correct that Straw is a villager and she is still hard cleared villager. In this case, only BR knows the scanner's identity so if she is an elim;

1) She gives the real scanner's identity and a villager is lynched. (Poisoned, hence why BR was village).

2) She gives a random villager's identity and therefore they are lynched.

BR is still in the clear and the elims get another night kill.

Why they would do this? No idea.

Makes it more interesting definitely. The scanner's reads align perfectly with BR as well in that she is reading straw village and he gets a village scan. Elim team for me includes BR and Darkness and possibly an inactive. This shall be my final post this Day.

P.s. BR get well soon :D

Edited by Megasif

4 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Heh I have to say well done on that theory, but nah you're an elim:P lol @Megasif

Edit: Oh also, thanks(: hopefully I'll feel well before too long.

Come on, that theory is very likely and totally possible with BR involved. The reply was rather quick so THIS will be my final post this day.

Yes, hopefully.

Night 6

"Hurry it up you stormin' idiots! Or maybe you'd like to carry it some more?" yelled Gaz as Bridge 11 was carrying their bridge back to the bridge yard. They'd gone on another run today, but the gemheart wasn't very far away, so they'd reached the plateau long before the Parshendi. They lagged behind the others because of their small number. Once they entered the bridge yard, Gaz wandered toward the soldiers quarters.

They were setting the bridge down when suddenly the back half of the bridge fell to the ground. There was a *thud* as the bridge collided with one of the bridgemen at the back. The bridgemen who'd let the bridge fall stepped back, not even trying to help the man out.

Gaz heard the crashing of the bridge and rushed back to the bridge yard. "What are you standing around for, you storming cremlings?! Get that bridge back up and get that man out of there!" Gaz yelled as he noticed the trapped bridgeman. Bridge 11 jumped, not realizing Gaz had come back when they'd dropped the bridge. They hurriedly lifted the bridge up enough to slide the man to safety, then carefully set the bridge back down.

The fallen bridgeman, Kohl, groaned, putting his hands to his head.

"You!" Gaz yelled, pointing at Kohl. "Yeah, the idiot who doesn't know to get out of the way when a storming bridge is coming down! You're lucky your head wasn't split open like a rockbud! Try to pay attention when you're carrying a massive, storming bridge eh? I can't leave you storming bridgemen alone for a minute without one of you storming killing yourselves," he grumbled, then stomped off.

Kohl coughed, then stood up, looking very unsteady. The others pushed past him. One of them stopped next to him and whispered "Next time Gaz won't be around to save you."

Kohl looked around, but his vision was blurry and he didn't notice who was talking. He rubbed at his head. Looks like the bump on my head is the least of my troubles, he thought as he slowly made his way back to the barracks.

Megasif was lynched, but survived!

Megasif(7): randuir, Arinian, BR, Drake, Straw, Darkness, Megasif
Randuir(1): Unremarkable

PM's are open.

red_1509940800.png

Player list:

Spoiler

1. Darkness (Nuatoma Akihiko)
2. Randuir (Tenodin)
3. Straw (An Explosive Gerbil)
4. Brightness Radiant (undecided)
5. Hemalurgic Headshot (Kurt Barnacles)
6. Jondesu (Div) 
Tough Unlucky Con Artist
7. Sami (Reddathan)
8. Roadwalker (Silver Feather) 
Unlucky Unremarkable
9. Drake Marshall (Pashul)
10. Lemonelon (Ellenie) 
Unlucky Eavesdropper
11. StrikerEZ (Ardenal) Tough Unlucky Surgeon's Apprentice
12. Walin (Nerkel) Unlucky Eavesdropper
13. Arinian (blank)
14. Sart (Mortago) 
Unlucky Worldsinger
15. Megasif (Kohl)
16. OrlokTsubodai (Locke Tekiel) 
Unlucky Eavesdropper
17. Manukos (manukosokunam) Unlucky Unremarkable
18. Eternum (Deral) Unlucky Con Artist
19. Shqueeves (Melb)
20. Joe in a Bush (Jost Joslin) 
Spy Eavesdropper

Edited by TheMightyLopen

So, this is interesting. Darkness's vote got dropped from Megasif, and someone moved Megasif's vote to himself, suggesting that we've got two worldsingers here, one village and one elim (assuming that Megasif is indeed evil, though this is still likely true if he isn't).

Hmmm, actually, there's one potential issue here. @TheMightyLopen/ @Steeldancer, can a non-poisoned worldsinger move a vote to a non-vote, or do they always have to move the vote to another player?

4 hours ago, randuir said:

So, this is interesting. Darkness's vote got dropped from Megasif, and someone moved Megasif's vote to himself, suggesting that we've got two worldsingers here, one village and one elim (assuming that Megasif is indeed evil, though this is still likely true if he isn't).

Hmmm, actually, there's one potential issue here. @TheMightyLopen/ @Steeldancer, can a non-poisoned worldsinger move a vote to a non-vote, or do they always have to move the vote to another player?

Whoops. I just forgot Darkness' vote. Fixed.

21 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Whoops. I just forgot Darkness' vote. Fixed.

Ah, okay. If a poisoned worldsinger had been protecting Megasif that would have been a bit worrisome, as the poisoned state for worldsinger is a strict loss in versatility and therefore it would indicate that a village worldsinger was protecting him. As that is not the case it means I can't draw too many conclusions from the vote manipulation until we see Megasifs alignment.

Day 7

Kohl did not last very long. 

He was stabbed as soon as no one was looking. 

And not only that, but his stuff contained some incriminating firemarks. He had been corrupt. 

------

Meanwhile, An Explosive Gerbil looked into the warm campfire he had created. The flamespren danced among the flames. He had always like burning things. It comforted him to see the wood crackle and emit heat, so dangerous and so beautiful. Fire did not betray you, unless you were dumb with it. He reached out with a stick to prod the coals. 

Something kicked him when he was off balance. He flailed for a moment, but the kick had been perfectly timed. He tried to turn and see who had kicked him, but the fire blinded him. He collapsed into the fire, which he had tended to an impressive size. The warmth happily consumed The Explosive Gerbil. 

The Explosive Gerbil became the Crispy Gerbil that night. 

Megasif was Assassinated! He was a Tough Spy Con Artist!
Straw was killed! He was a Unlucky Worldsinger!

There is no Unremarkable vote.

PM's are closed.

pur_1510027200.png

Player list:

Spoiler

1. Darkness (Nuatoma Akihiko)
2. Randuir (Tenodin)
3. Straw (An Explosive Gerbil) 
Unlucky Worldsinger
4. Brightness Radiant (undecided)
5. Hemalurgic Headshot (Kurt Barnacles)
6. Jondesu (Div) 
Tough Unlucky Con Artist
7. Sami (Reddathan)
8. Roadwalker (Silver Feather) 
Unlucky Unremarkable
9. Drake Marshall (Pashul)
10. Lemonelon (Ellenie) 
Unlucky Eavesdropper
11. StrikerEZ (Ardenal) Tough Unlucky Surgeon's Apprentice
12. Walin (Nerkel) Unlucky Eavesdropper
13. Arinian (blank)
14. Sart (Mortago) 
Unlucky Worldsinger
15. Megasif (Kohl) Tough Spy Con Artist
16. OrlokTsubodai (Locke Tekiel) Unlucky Eavesdropper
17. Manukos (manukosokunam) Unlucky Unremarkable
18. Eternum (Deral) Unlucky Con Artist
19. Shqueeves (Melb)
20. Joe in a Bush (Jost Joslin) 
Spy Eavesdropper

Okay, let's see. There's 5 active players left, being Darkness, me, BR, Drake and Arinian. Of these, BR can be considered indisputably village by now. Drake has voted on both Joe and Megasif, but he wasn't particularly early with his vote in either case. This means that either he's playing the bussing game reasonably effectively, or he's village. I'm leaning towards the second option right now.

That leaves Arinian and Darkness. Arinian joined the vote against Megasif fairly quickly. Given that I would have been the alternate lynch option if the elims had wanted to do that I think elim!arin would have waited a bit longer to see how things would turn out. This, by process of elimination leaves us with Darkness. Now, I wouldn't be against lynching Darkness, and then Arinian or Drake if Darkness flips village, but I don't think we should ignoring the inactives.

The inactives are @Sami, @Shqueeves and @Hemalurgic_Headshot.

• Sami's last post was in Day 2, so 5 cycles ago.
  • Shqueeves last post in the thread was in Day 4, so 3 cycles ago.
  • HH's last post was also in Day 4, so 3 cycles ago.

If I remember correctly, the inactivity filter is set for 2 cycles, meaning that all three of the above have done something game-related outside of the thread in the last 2 cycles. This is worrisome, as an inactive elim isn't that much of a threat, but one that is active enough to put in kill-orders very much still is a danger. This is somewhat annoying as I believe the game can be solved in a single cycle if it wasn't for the inactives potentially being more active than they seem.

Edited by randuir